The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
So found out why ACU was locked at 30...

I had adaptive vsync (half refresh) on in Nvidia control panel...:snoop:

With in game VSYNC, FXAA, Ultra settings, HBAO +, 1920 x 1200 I'm getting a solid 50-60 FPS now...

I thinks its a combination of the new Nvidia driver and FXAA...TXAA tanks my fps to 30 and honestly the game don't really look any better...Would rather have the smoother framerate...

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
It seems like the well finally ran dry with the AC franchise, been a long time...time to put your focus onto the Watch_Dogs franchise Ubi...

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
Ubishyt did it to us again brehs...:snoop:

Do not buy this fukking trash game...

It's locked in at 30 fps and chugs like a bytch during cutscenes but look at this bullshyt...

1080p ultra settings TXAA...

16ao392.png

25ari1w.png

Tell me that don't look underwhelming as fukk and nevermind the constant NPC pop in...

scust
shyt looks 2006'ish with some photographic textures :scusthov:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
It seems like the well finally ran dry with the AC franchise, been a long time...time to put your focus onto the Watch_Dogs franchise Ubi...
Not true...

They made some nice gameplay changes to this one...No more walking through the front door flint locks blazing taking on 30 guys and not getting hit once...As cheesy as that shyt was though I must admit it was fun as hell...My nikka Kenway dual wielding swag was on point...

but yea like I was saying, you actually need to be stealthy on a lot of these assassination missions and use those smoke bombs if spotted...

They also brought back the puzzles which I never understood why they ever removed...

Michael9100

The Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
houston
Same deal with that one. They're both overcharging you for the same motherboards and memory.
EDIT: they don't let you choose DDR3 which is crazy

start reading these threads:
http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/ (people post their finished AND potential builds)
http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapcsales/ (you can find deals on everything here)

use pcpartpicker.com to set up a compatible build and then start looking around for cheaper prices on the parts. The prices on pcpartpicker aren't always the best.

The hassle and effort will be worth it when you save $500+ get a few free games and know what you are doing.

:whew:................................. :whew:..........................:whew:

thats a lot of work :lolbron:

Just buy a cheap prebuild from Dell with at least an i5 processor and drop a 750 Ti inside of it.

What is that going to do?

Barney Rubble

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I actually don't have any shyt to talk about ACU :manny:

shyt is way better optimized than watch dogs. Looks better too.

Yeah the pop-in/pop-up is annoying, but it's to be expected with so many NPCs.

Ubi surprised me.:ehh: I guess it didn't hurt that I had the lowest expectations possible though :heh:
Gotta say I agree. I'm no fan of ubisoft but this game is pretty dope and is kinda getting shytted on a little too much. The detail they put into the art is INSANE. The city feels alive and the animations are dope. I didnt have the highest expectations but they've been exceeded. I don't regret my purchase. The PS4 version sounds like trash, though.

dc007

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DC
Please buy Valkyria Chronicles, Please. Show them JRPGs can work on the PC and give Sega a reason to consider either a sequel or PC ports of the other games in the series.

Game is a masterpiece. It deserved better than it got as an early PS3 title.

I have it on PS3.....is there any updates from that version or its just a remake?

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Origin charged me sales tax for DA:I :dahell:

I would have copped elsewhere if I had known

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
EA got offices out here in the Louisiana swamp? :dahell:

oh well, at least I know I won't be waiting for a code when the pre-load is available
I figured it was a TX thing, cuz I know TX be on that tax bullshyt with amazon and everything. But I guess it's nationwide.

Preload starts tomorrow :lupe:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Anybody see that oculus rift southpark episode last night (this is pc related afterall)?

:russ: :dead:

"It's pretty cool, but the graphics suck"