The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
:yeshrug: Ubisoft got bout 1-2 more fukk ups before everyone is done with the company and they become RARE / EPIC status :yeshrug:

gamers get scorned, shout out to Epic and Unreal Tournament :yeshrug:

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
I just want a pre-built gaming pc... I've been looking at these two brands:

CyberPowerPC
51Vps1RkDiL._SY300_.jpg
I checked that one out. It's actually not that bad of a price for just having them put it all together.

I'd lower the CPU to an i5 and raise the graphics card to something higher.

If you're not planning on using two graphics card get a cheaper mother board that isn't SLI since you won't be using multiple cards, plus SLI is for NVIDIA cards not AMD cards. And this Mobo is for 3-way SLI

You also don't really need DDR4 Memory. It's too expensive to justify being on the bleeding edge of technology.

EDIT: I take it back man this is way too much money for a PC you could build something much better for $800. The prices on here don't make sense.

Last edited:

Michael9100

The Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
houston
I checked that one out. It's actually not that bad of a price for just having them put it all together.

I'd lower the CPU to an i5 and raise the graphics card to something higher.

If you're not planning on using two graphics card get a cheaper mother board that isn't SLI since you won't be using multiple cards, plus SLI is for NVIDIA cards not AMD cards. And this Mobo is for 3-way SLI

You also don't really need DDR4 Memory. It's too expensive to justify being on the bleeding edge of technology.

EDIT: I take it back man this is way too much money for a PC you could build something much better for $800. The prices on here don't make sense.

what about the one from walmart? I just need a pc that plays dc universe smoothly...

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
what about the one from walmart? I just need a pc that plays dc universe smoothly...
Same deal with that one. They're both overcharging you for the same motherboards and memory.
EDIT: they don't let you choose DDR3 which is crazy

start reading these threads:
http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/ (people post their finished AND potential builds)
http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapcsales/ (you can find deals on everything here)

use pcpartpicker.com to set up a compatible build and then start looking around for cheaper prices on the parts. The prices on pcpartpicker aren't always the best.

The hassle and effort will be worth it when you save $500+ get a few free games and know what you are doing.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
So my shyt kept hard crashing with acu. I finally get a windows bsod error "DPC watchdog violation". I do some research and others have been having this problem. The culprit? MSI afterburner :patrice:

I stopped using it and no more crashes. I've had acu on for like 3 hours with no problems.

Since I can't use afterburner anymore, what other program do y'all suggest I use to monitor my gpu, cpu, and fps?

I wanna always see what's going on, but I can't keep having these crashes.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
It's a SLI thing. I turned this shyt on ultra with my 780 ti's in SLI and stutter like a mother and then went to one gpu and no more stuttering. I was only playing on my projector in 1080p so I'm sure you can't get ultra in tri screen off one 780 ti (or 980) right now. Typical ubisoft bullshyt. Nvidia better have a sli patch this week cuz I wanna play tri screen.

Only good thing is the minimum requirements were exaggerated. I tested the game on my 880m laptop and got it to play in ultra at an acceptable frame rate.
I started using the nvidia profile through nvidia inspector and the stutter went away with ultra textures.

Those ultra textures look nice too :wow:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
So my shyt kept hard crashing with acu. I finally get a windows bsod error "DPC watchdog violation". I do some research and others have been having this problem. The culprit? MSI afterburner :patrice:

I stopped using it and no more crashes. I've had acu on for like 3 hours with no problems.

Since I can't use afterburner anymore, what other program do y'all suggest I use to monitor my gpu, cpu, and fps?

I wanna always see what's going on, but I can't keep having these crashes.
idk, it could be a conflict between the new nvidia driver and afterburner. I had some game that wouldn't work with afterburner (I can't remember what it was), and I basically threw that shyt in the bushes. I use afterburner for my custom gpu fan curve, and without it my gpu was getting mad hot

I really don't know what alternatives there are. EVGA Precision is basically a custom version of Afterburner. and if there is an alternative, it might have the same issues, because it would be doing the same shyt (polling the hardware)

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
idk, it could be a conflict between the new nvidia driver and afterburner. I had some game that wouldn't work with afterburner (I can't remember what it was), and I basically threw that shyt in the bushes. I use afterburner for my custom gpu fan curve, and without it my gpu was getting mad hot

I really don't know what alternatives there are. EVGA Precision is basically a custom version of Afterburner. and if there is an alternative, it might have the same issues, because it would be doing the same shyt (polling the hardware)
I don't use custom fan curves, so I guess I might just do without for the time being.

I'll only use it when setting up a game now. Kinda sucks, but what are you gonna do :manny:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I don't use custom fan curves, so I guess I might just do without for the time being.

I'll only use it when setting up a game now. Kinda sucks, but what are you gonna do :manny:
I'm such a crackhead for all those numbers

Nm12bwz.jpg

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I'm such a crackhead for all those numbers

Nm12bwz.jpg
I am too. Sometimes it actually cuts into my enjoyment of games. I'm like :wtf: why is it only using 75% of my GPU? Why is there a bottleneck here? Why did I just lose 10fps?

Not having it on actually made the game more fun. I'm not concerning myself with framerate drops (which I know I must be getting). I don't even care, I'm just playing the game now.

I've become obsessed with numbers, hopefully this will get me back to plain ol' gaming. Sometimes knowing too much is a bad thing (especially from somebody as paranoid as myself)

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I actually don't have any shyt to talk about ACU :manny:

shyt is way better optimized than watch dogs. Looks better too.

Yeah the pop-in/pop-up is annoying, but it's to be expected with so many NPCs.

Ubi surprised me.:ehh: I guess it didn't hurt that I had the lowest expectations possible though :heh: