The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I know, I just pop things on a USB and play off my x1, but when it comes time to make dad's for friends I'm clueless, last time I did this stuff was the mega upload days
yep, last time I had to burn a dvd it was for my mom's friend

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Interesting (well not really, a lot of bullshyt) discussion on AC:U's performance with a 780. Some guy claims he can get 30fps at 4K on 2 980s (I don't believe that, but who knows).

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=930145&page=14

I'm curious how it'll run in 3 monitors on ultra with my setup. I have low expectations.

I just don't know how somebody can get this at 4K with 2 980s (when the OP is having trouble with one 780 at 1080p at max). Are 980s really that good? shyt, I really might have to upgrade after all.

Tomorrow will be an interesting day of testing for me :lupe:

edit: some people are saying you can run this on a 660. There's questions to the authenticity of those claims, but we'll see. Others are saying they can run the game on medium at 30fps on a 250x. Specs may have been bloated like many of you were saying. Well see more tomorrow.

Last edited:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Interesting (well not really, a lot of bullshyt) discussion on AC:U's performance with a 780. Some guy claims he can get 30fps at 4K on 2 980s (I don't believe that, but who knows).

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=930145&page=14

I'm curious how it'll run in 3 monitors on ultra with my setup. I have low expectations.

I just don't know how somebody can get this at 4K with 2 980s (when the OP is having trouble with one 780 at 1080p at max). Are 980s really that good? shyt, I really might have to upgrade after all.

Tomorrow will be an interesting day of testing for me :lupe:

edit: some people are saying you can run this on a 660. There's questions to the authenticity of those claims, but we'll see. Others are saying they can run the game on medium at 30fps on a 250x. Specs may have been bloated like many of you were saying. Well see more tomorrow.
I ran a system requirements site years ago.

Most of those requirements are inflated a bit to play it safe, you usually can play with lower specs. Even below minimum required RAM if you close everything running in the background.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Ubishyt did it to us again brehs...:snoop:

Do not buy this fukking trash game...

It's locked in at 30 fps and chugs like a bytch during cutscenes but look at this bullshyt...

1080p ultra settings TXAA...

16ao392.png

25ari1w.png

Tell me that don't look underwhelming as fukk and nevermind the constant NPC pop in...

scust

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Ubishyt did it to us again brehs...:snoop:

Do not buy this fukking trash game...

It's locked in at 30 fps and chugs like a bytch during cutscenes but look at this bullshyt...

1080p ultra settings TXAA...

16ao392.png

25ari1w.png

Tell me that don't look underwhelming as fukk and nevermind the constant NPC pop in...

scust
it's not locked at 30fps. Numerous posters on GAF and Steam were talking about playing it in the 40s and 50s on ultra.

And those screenshots look good to me. Much better than watch dogs and black flag :yeshrug:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
it's not locked at 30fps. Numerous posters on GAF and Steam were talking about playing it in the 40s and 50s on ultra.

And those screenshots look good to me. Much better than watch dogs and black flag :yeshrug:
nikka I'm playing this shyt right now and lol @ this trash looking better than watchdogs and black flags...

FPS is relatively smooth during gameplay, it's just the cutscenes that chug for some reason...

I don't know why it's locked at 30, I even dropped everything to low just to test it...still locked in at 30...Had the exact same issue with black flags...

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
nikka I'm playing this shyt right now and lol @ this trash looking better than watchdogs and black flags...

FPS is relatively smooth during gameplay, it's just the cutscenes that chug for some reason...

I don't know why it's locked at 30, I even dropped everything to low just to test it...still locked in at 30...Had the exact same issue with black flags...
hmmm....black flag was never locked for me and I played that since it was released. How come everybody else is able to get it off the 30 fps lock? I might stay up late tonight to try it out myself. It unlocks at 2am my time.

Watch Dogs looked like shyt to me. This game looks better. I guess it's a matter of preference :yeshrug:

edit: nobody on steam is talking about it being locked at 30fps. Why is it locked for you?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Please buy Valkyria Chronicles, Please. Show them JRPGs can work on the PC and give Sega a reason to consider either a sequel or PC ports of the other games in the series.

Game is a masterpiece. It deserved better than it got as an early PS3 title.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Apparently ACU uses 6gb vram at 1440p. Goddamnit. :snoop: These 8gb cards need to come out asap.

Last edited:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
try turning off vsync
Too much screen tearing...

After about an hour playing this I can comfortably say Black Flag shyts on this game both gameplay wise and visually...

It's obvious by the ingame menus they spent all their time on the coop...