The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man now all of a sudden when I try to get back into BF4 the game decides to put me in a dilemma:
Play using the Mantle renderer only for the game to crash after 20-30 minutes of gameplay(It's done it 3 times so far.)

OR

Play using DX11 but tolerate frequent stutter and less than consistent 60fps gameplay.
:snoop:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
these impressions of Dragon Age Inquisition got me kinda reconsidering that game

it sounds like it's not gonna be practical to play it like a turn-based game, and that's how I prefer to play

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
these impressions of Dragon Age Inquisition got me kinda reconsidering that game

it sounds like it's not gonna be practical to play it like a turn-based game, and that's how I prefer to play

I gotta be honest, this has me :whew:

I can't stand turn-based fighting. :manny:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
did you play DA Origins on PC?
I did, and I played it the "wrong" way. It was hard at times, but I was still able to beat it without being tactical (well, at least as much as I could. There were times where I had to pause, but they were few and far between).

Last edited:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I did, and I played it the "wrong" way. It was hard at times, but I was still able to beat it without being tactical.
lol @ "the wrong way". it must have been difficult given how the 'tactics slots' options were kind of limited. I didn't play it literally "turn-based", but I paused a lot, and had it setup to auto-pause when various things happened

I'm still hoping I can play Inquisition that way, but dude seemed to be saying it's setup differently

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
lol @ "the wrong way". it must have been difficult given how the 'tactics slots' options were kind of limited. I didn't play it literally "turn-based", but I paused a lot, and had it setup to auto-pause when various things happened

I'm still hoping I can play Inquisition that way, but dude seemed to be saying it's setup differently
yeah, I watched the entire video. Some things are a bit worrying. But I'm still excited. I don't think I'll mind the combat though (I don't have to worry about pausing or anything, which I was a bit concerned about). But this new way healing and shyt seems odd.

GulfCoastGhost

No more snow
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/Sarasota
Been out the game for awhile, what's the best dvd burning software that will convert my or avi to a playable dvd format besides 'convertXtoDVD'