The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
so I played The Evil Within demo. enabled 60fps and no black bars right away. performance was 'good' at first (60fps most of the time), but got worse when I got to the outdoor areas. when it's bad, the framerate doesn't drop below 40fps, but there's a lot of stuttering and hitching as the framerate jumps around. it's kind of annoying, but definitely 'playable'

I'm not sure what's really causing the drops. the cpu and gpu usage are all over the place when it happens, but neither are really at 99% usage, so it's hard to say where the bottleneck is. the game has a lot of particle and mist effects, that are very 'physx-like', and I think they could be what's fukking up the performance

I don't know what they were thinking with that 4gb of vram shyt. I didn't see it use more than 1700mb. the game honestly looks nice, but ironically the textures look bad (like most idech5 games)

the game is whatever. shyt ain't scary. and it's not 'tense' like Alien Isolation. it's just an action game with horror themes. oh yeah, it's "survival horror" because there's not a lot of ammo

demo definitely didn't 'sell' me :camby:

try it yourself though
The Evil Within is one of those games you get on steam when it's like $9.99 on a steam sale and play it to pass time. Alien is :merchant: I'm good off that for now :whoa:.

microsoft answers forums been real good to a nikka :wow:

I been having these sporadic BSODs lately and after a few days of tech support there it seems like my system has been stable thus far. Hopefully nothing else happens.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
so I played The Evil Within demo. enabled 60fps and no black bars right away. performance was 'good' at first (60fps most of the time), but got worse when I got to the outdoor areas. when it's bad, the framerate doesn't drop below 40fps, but there's a lot of stuttering and hitching as the framerate jumps around. it's kind of annoying, but definitely 'playable'

I'm not sure what's really causing the drops. the cpu and gpu usage are all over the place when it happens, but neither are really at 99% usage, so it's hard to say where the bottleneck is. the game has a lot of particle and mist effects, that are very 'physx-like', and I think they could be what's fukking up the performance

I don't know what they were thinking with that 4gb of vram shyt. I didn't see it use more than 1700mb. the game honestly looks nice, but ironically the textures look bad (like most idech5 games)

the game is whatever. shyt ain't scary. and it's not 'tense' like Alien Isolation. it's just an action game with horror themes. oh yeah, it's "survival horror" because there's not a lot of ammo

demo definitely didn't 'sell' me :camby:

try it yourself though
Yea..I had those SAME exact issues...its not u..its their shytty optimization..also..u right about the wack looking textures...I tried it capped at 30fps..ironically the game doesnt hitch at all and runs smoother that way..which sucks cause I would rather play at 60..

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Can someone list me some great indie games on Steam before the sale ends?...im tryna cop a few...
The great sale hasn't even begun...no need to rush.

They will get you during the holiday event.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Theres a bunch of games on sale for like $2.50 to 5 bucks..how much better can the sale be?..lol..unless they decide to give a bunch of shyt away for free...
They will most likely be matched or even be lowered during the holiday sale.

They are at good prices, but I don't see the need to rush when it comes to steam. We all know it's coming :manny: