The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
man I havnt played a single game in 2 months.. not even loaded one up.. no bs.. not 1 minute put into ANY game in 2+ months.. making it hard for me to pull the trigger on new video cards and shyt :sadcam:

cause im thinking.. for what :sadcam:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
man I havnt played a single game in 2 months.. not even loaded one up.. no bs.. not 1 minute put into ANY game in 2+ months.. making it hard for me to pull the trigger on new video cards and shyt :sadcam:

cause im thinking.. for what :sadcam:
It's been a bad year for games. I haven't played much either. It'll change next month. Don't pull a @Liquid on us

Last edited:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
2K15 with sweetfx and its a smooth 60 FPS...:ohlawd:

Game is free on steam for the weekend...

9k4dub.png

10fnw94.png

ae2ion.png

154vyo9.png

3505fue.png

2vv9yyp.png

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
counterstrike GO is so fukking annoying sometimes. I just got deranked after being top fragger on my team because someone on the enemy team was partied with a smurf who was a much lower rank but was actually good (he was their second fragger), so cs:go sees you being killed by a lower ranked player and it deranks me even though his skill level is much higher than his rank :upsetfavre:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I almost went 4k today with that new Acer TN you can get for $479. fukked around with it at Fry's and you can only do 1080p or 4k. Nothing in between :wtf: Same with all the other 4k monitors. :wtf:

:camby:

looks like it's 3 monitors or 1440p for the foreseeable future. These gpus need to catch up.

Not to mention scaling issues, of course.

Edit: also 980s were in stock, but none were reference. I'm not making that non-reference fan mistake again. :mjcry:

Last edited:

ZKay

Rookie
Daps
Can anyone help me out with a build? I've been using this stock Dell PC from like 11 :scust: and it's time to upgrade seeing as I have all these steam games that I can't play. Tryna spend like 700-800 and buy during black friday... also gonna be using it for graphic design/video editing

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Can anyone help me out with a build? I've been using this stock Dell PC from like 11 :scust: and it's time to upgrade seeing as I have all these steam games that I can't play. Tryna spend like 700-800 and buy during black friday... also gonna be using it for graphic design/video editing
Up your budget to $1k if at all possible.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity

Up your budget to $1k if at all possible.

yeah, you are gonna want to spend about $1k so you can have something that you can use now and upgrade in the future.

you want a good motherboard that will allow for: RAM, CPU, GPU upgrades.
start with that.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I just did a quick search

http://www.techbuyersguru.com/1000build.php

Change the graphics card to a gtx 970 and you'll be good to go.

Might need an i7 if you're doing a lot of video editing though. Then you gotta bump your budget up even more

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
so I played The Evil Within demo. enabled 60fps and no black bars right away. performance was 'good' at first (60fps most of the time), but got worse when I got to the outdoor areas. when it's bad, the framerate doesn't drop below 40fps, but there's a lot of stuttering and hitching as the framerate jumps around. it's kind of annoying, but definitely 'playable'

I'm not sure what's really causing the drops. the cpu and gpu usage are all over the place when it happens, but neither are really at 99% usage, so it's hard to say where the bottleneck is. the game has a lot of particle and mist effects, that are very 'physx-like', and I think they could be what's fukking up the performance

I don't know what they were thinking with that 4gb of vram shyt. I didn't see it use more than 1700mb. the game honestly looks nice, but ironically the textures look bad (like most idech5 games)

the game is whatever. shyt ain't scary. and it's not 'tense' like Alien Isolation. it's just an action game with horror themes. oh yeah, it's "survival horror" because there's not a lot of ammo

demo definitely didn't 'sell' me :camby:

try it yourself though