The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
damn im replaying Assassin's Creed Black Flag and the fukking performance is terrible...I think it ran better when I had weaker hardware...:what:
Turn off physx, don't use soft shadows, and put it on fxaa. It should run real well after that. shyt also only runs on one core basically too :what:

Ubisoft :yeshrug:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Turn off physx, don't use soft shadows, and put it on fxaa. It should run real well after that. shyt also only runs on one core basically too :what:

Ubisoft :yeshrug:
yea I peeped that...some people said to go to the game in task manager and drop one core in the affinity section...also some CTRL ALT DELETE out of the game and get back in the game and it runs smoother...fukked up part is that shyt actually works...:wtf: did they do to this game?..

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
yea I peeped that...they said to go to the game in task manager and drop one core in the affinity section...also some CTRL ALT DELETE out of the game and get back in the game and it runs smoother...fukked up part is that shyt actually works...:wtf: did they do to this game?..
It's all fukked up. Unless I have everything up to ultra it doesn't even use all my gpus, with no bottleneck. It makes absolutely no sense.

I can overpower the game now with everything on ultra, but that's still only at 45fps. My old 690 couldn't even handle the game unless I turned things down.

Ubisoft just doesn't like to optimize games for pcs. That's their MO

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
It's all fukked up. Unless I have everything up to ultra it doesn't even use all my gpus, with no bottleneck. It makes absolutely no sense.

I can overpower the game now with everything on ultra, but that's still only at 45fps. My old 690 couldn't even handle the game unless I turned things down.

Ubisoft just doesn't like to optimize games for pcs. That's their MO
yea..and when I did that CTRL ALT DELETE trick it boosts my gpu usage up to like 99%..shyt don't make no sense...

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
yea..and when I did that CTRL ALT DELETE trick it boosts my gpu usage up to like 99%..shyt don't make no sense...
All I know is they better not pull this shyt with AC: Unity or Far Cry 4. But I expect the worse :mjcry:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Assassin's Creed Unity is gonna be officially fukked..I have a bad feeling. they talkin the same way as Bethesda is talkin about The Evil Within..these devs are fukkin up bad...
Yeah, this next gen shyt has been a real problem for the PC community right now. shyt still isn't figured out. 4gb for 1080p at 30fps :dead:

It's kinda a scary time to be a pc gamer. Hopefully shyt'll work itself out in a year or two though. We're just off to a rocky start

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Smh FFXIII released on Steam today and that shyt was locked to 720P but at least it runs at 60fps. Few hours later based Durante fixes it. crazy. Square Enix your game is getting pirated.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin

Dada

Face===>Heel
Daps
Anyone rocking with Windows 10 or Unity3d game engine?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Smh FFXIII released on Steam today and that shyt was locked to 720P but at least it runs at 60fps. Few hours later based Durante fixes it. crazy. Square Enix your game is getting pirated.
:snoop: the pathetic part is they'll probably never 'fix' it themselves. same shyt with the first Dark Souls

they need to at least pay based Durante :damn:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Durante been geeing a little shine though. he recently wrote this for PCGamer

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-features-pc-gamers-wantan-open-letter-to-developers-and-gamers/

The features PC gamers want—an open letter to developers and gamers

Guest editorial by Peter "Durante" Thoman. Durante is the creator of PC downsampling tool GeDoSaTo and the modder behind Dark Soul's DSfix and Deadly Premonition's DPfix.

The PC gaming market is thriving. Hundreds of games are released every month. Some are from established studios, who have been working on PC games non-stop for years or even decades, but this is now the exception. Indie developers are changing the face of Steam. Developers who once made games exclusively for consoles are porting them to the PC for the first time—and some of those games, like Dark Souls, are finding bigger, even more passionate communities than they had before.

For developers new to the PC, there can be bumps in the road. As I’ve learned from my interactions with some developers, at times they simply don’t know what PC gamers want and expect from their games: graphics settings, keybindings, modding support, and more. Likewise, gamers often are not fully aware of the restrictions and workloads their wishes impose on developers, and why some of these features may not be included.

This article is aimed at addressing both groups—to tell developers what PC gamers expect from their games and which of those features we consider most vital, and to explain to gamers how much work it takes to meet those expectations.

more in the link...

edit: and I think this relates to many discussions we have here:

Performance
Performance and its relation to settings also closely relates to the user experience and to how game options are presented. It’s also where I believe that some PC gamers really need to change their thinking.

The problem is that, due primarily to the length of the previous console generation, many new PC gamers are now operating under the assumption that they should be able to “max out” all settings in every game and still achieve good performance—otherwise a lack of optimization is to blame. This is, of course, a counterproductive stance, as it actively discourages the inclusion of high-end features. For example, a game which limits its “max” shadow settings to 2048x2048 shadow maps will be seen as moreoptimized than one which goes up to 4096x4096 or even 8192x8192. Despite being completely wrong, this thinking still needs to be dealt with in some way.

The most obvious choices are to either hide the highest settings in configuration files, or alternatively be very careful when choosing the wording for such options. For example, have a setting beyond “Ultra” called “Future.” It makes no functional difference, but it can make a large psychological one. Furthermore, the expected performance impact of each option should be noted clearly in its description.

Last edited:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Durante been geeing a little shine though. he recently wrote this for PCGamer

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-features-pc-gamers-wantan-open-letter-to-developers-and-gamers/

more in the link...

edit: and I think this relates to many discussions we have here:
I feel what hes saying in the performance section..but I dont think it truly relates to the issues we been complaining about..shyt like what The Evil Within was pulling is pure bullshyt and its just pure optimization issues...same with what Ubisoft has been doing lately...when a game is not even crazy graphically and it has issues like Watchdogs and even Black Flags STILL has and the devs are bs'ing for the platform yet still making money that sets a bad precedent...show some fukkin proof these games deserve all this raw power...especially when we've beem playing games that look arguably far better while using far less resources over the years on PC...