The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Alright breh, but if you really want that competitive advantage maybe give it some consideration :yeshrug:

I can't think of anything else that will up your gaming like that. Real talk, no beef, no nothing. Look it up yourself.

Maybe you should go with a curved ultrawide, if too many monitors seems like too much of a hassle. Something to consider.

There's a nice 1440p one that @2gunsup posted I dunno how many days/weeks ago

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
You have to understand that nothing is enough for this guy.

I'm starting to think he might invest in a high end security system to watch his monitors even when he is away from home.
You really don't think 3 monitors with 3x the viewing area gives you a competitive advantage online? Seriously? :snoop:

What the fukk is up with this thread? :damn:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
a truly competitive player wouldn't want something that gives them an unfair advantage. most would also probably prefer to be focused on one screen

and obviously 3 monitors requires hefty hardware, despite snarky remarks about playing on medium, and not caring about graphics

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
a truly competitive player wouldn't want something that gives them an unfair advantage. most would also probably prefer to be focused on one screen
Having a nice headset that allows you to hear footsteps behind you is an unfair advantage. Turning settings down to see players easier is an unfair advantage. So, there goes that shyt too

Having a high end GPU is an unfair advantage cuz it gives you more fps.

Having a higher dpi mouse is an unfair advantage.

What should he be playing on then?

Goddamn :damn:

Edit: and you still focus in on one screen with three monitors. You're just able to use your peripheral vision now :snoop: come on now...

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Having a nice headset that allows you to hear footsteps behind you is an unfair advantage. Turning settings down to see players easier is an unfair advantage. So, there goes that shyt too

Edit: and you still focus in on one screen with three monitors. You're just able to use your peripheral vision now :snoop: come on now...

*disclaimer not saying im good enough for these tournaments lets get that out the way first*

in tournaments, expensive head sets are sponsored and for some games the tournaments will add these adjusted settings to the game (mods like in unreal tournament). You cant play on multiple monitors in a tournament though, so practicing on them would be pointless. I cant think of a single professional player in any game rather it be RTS/FPS/RPGs that plays/practices on multiple monitors

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

I mean what kind of "competitive gaming" are we talking about? in a truly competitive environment there are steps taken to make sure it's a "level playing field". that may include things like restricting extremely high FOV's

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
*disclaimer not saying im good enough for these tournaments lets get that out the way first*

in tournaments, expensive head sets are sponsored and for some games the tournaments will add these adjusted settings to the game (mods like in unreal tournament). You cant play on multiple monitors in a tournament though, so practicing on them would be pointless. I cant think of a single professional player in any game rather it be RTS/FPS/RPGs that plays/practices on multiple monitors
Alright then. Just trying to help out. If it won't help out, then forget what I said about three monitors. :manny:

Everybody should be playing on the exact same setup for it to be truly fair. I dunno how they do that, but I'm sure they do something.

You probably should get the 2 1080ps though. You'll be at that apparent sweet spot (I guess 27" is too big according to the above posts). Plus you can get extremely high fps at 1080p, as you very well know, especially with a 970/980