The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
mcnabb.gif

all these bull shyt ass posts the past 6 pages because I asked people to sell me on 2x BenQ monitors vs 1 ASUS ROG and I still dont know one which one to get :mindblown: no one sold me on shyt :mindblown: just wait straight into arguing resolutions (which both can be 144hz so thats a moot point). Only valid point I heard was GSYNC but then shyt like 4k monitors started getting thrown out and people recommending 3x 980GTX cards to run 1440p :dead: I mean what in the fukk happened these past few pages :mindblown:

just lettin yall know, these past 6 pages is the EXACT reason console people DONT want to try out computer gaming. Yall cant just throw fukking money at your motherboard and computer desk and come in here and recommend everyone do the same. Using bull shyt ass benchmarks on settings that majority of people even with high end computers turn down unless you are straight up enthusiast but you cant expect everyone else to care about AA in games when most people just wanna play on high/ultra but keep a realistic high FPS and thats usually the first thing to go

This thread got real sloppy the past 6 pages. Lets be smarter about our builds friends and not just buy the most expensive shyt on the shelf and expect everyone else to do that friends.

shout out to @winb83
:stopitslime:

Nothing was wrong with the last 6 pages. Nobody said to get 3 980s for 1440p. But you did say you can somehow see more than 60fps on a 60hz monitor :dead:

You don't even have a 1440p monitor, so how do you know what type of GPU power you need?

A lot of accusations about shyt that you don't know about.

We should continue to have discussions about the current state of pc gaming.

Stop :cape: because you think you know what's up.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
:stopitslime:

Nothing was wrong with the last 6 pages. Nobody said to get 3 980s for 1440p. But you did say you can somehow see more than 60fps on a 60hz monitor :dead:

You don't even have a 1440p monitor, so how do you know what type of GPU power you need?

A lot of accusations about shyt that you don't know about.

We should continue to have discussions about the current state of pc gaming.

Stop :cape: because you think you know what's up.

But you did say you can somehow see more than 60fps on a 60hz monitor

me and millions/majority of gamers think you can. You are in the minority on this, you know this right ?

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
yeah, I'm playing it now. so far I really like it. IGN's criticism was about the length of the game, and how it kinda got repetitive. I really haven't played long enough to know if that's true

I kinda took a risk on the game after I saw it was getting 'mixed' reviews. it just looks like the kind of game I like to play, and so far it is. the atmosphere is great, and shyt is pretty tense and scary. but if it's just that for 20 hours, I can understand where the criticism comes from
i think im just gonna torrent it. its tough to get me to pay for single player games nowadays.. last one to achieve that feat was Bioshock Infinite

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
me and millions/majority of gamers think you can. You are in the minority on this, you know this right ?
I thought it was impossible for a 60hz screen to display more than 60 fps? I thought the entire point of 100+ hz monitors was that you could really display the full 100+ fps(if you're able to achieve that in whatever game you're playing) which makes the game much more crisp "in motion"

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Bethesda offered some more (sort of) clarification on The Evil Within

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1508448-the-evil-within-releases-next-week-things-to-know/

Why does the PC recommended requirement ask for 4 GB of VRAM?

The PS4 and Xbox One both have 8 GB of unified RAM which can be used as both system and video memory. Because our PC version is functionally identical to those platforms, we recommend 4 GB of system memory, and 4 GB of VRAM for the best experience.

:comeon: so will I be OK with 8gb of system ram and 3gb of vram?

Can I run it on a card with less than 4 gigs of VRAM?

Yes. Please refer to the minimum requirements above. You won’t be experiencing the game at 1080p and you’ll likely need to turn off some features, but you will still be able to have a great experience with the game.

:what: wait, I can't play at 1080p without 4gb of vram? or just that I shouldn't expect 1080p with the card suggested in the minimum requirements (a gtx 460)

What's the status on the game's framerate and aspect ratio?

Shinji Mikami and the team at Tango designed The Evil Within to be played at 30fps and to utilize an aspect ratio of 2.35:1 for all platforms. The team has worked the last four years perfecting the game experience with these settings in mind. For PC players, we’ll provide debug commands on how you can alter the framerate and aspect ratio, but these commands and changes are not recommended or supported and we suggest everyone play the game as it was designed and intended for the best experience.

:comeon: is it gonna break the game or not?

well I'm glad they cleared that up :troll:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Link?

I already posted benchmarks. Take away metro ll from them because nobody likes that shyt apparently.

You have no idea what it takes to run 1440p. But then again you don't care about graphics, so stick with your 670. That will run everything fine.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I think his issue stems from wanting to accuse me of something rather than gain some understanding about what "downsampling" is. if people have never experimented with downsampling and 'higher' forms of AA, that's fine. but if that's the case, they are speaking from a place of ignorance

I game on a 45" HDTV, so I would have to switch stuff around if I wanted a setup with a "monitor". but if I were to invest in a 1440p monitor, it would be the gsync variety

Breh, if you don't know the difference between downsampling 1440p to 1080p vs a true native 1440p output device then there is nothing else to talk about...

Like I said...you telling me there is no difference...but the difference is actually so big that i could instantly spot it on just one screenshot you posted...

So whatever man do you...

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I thought it was impossible for a 60hz screen to display more than 60 fps? I thought the entire point of 100+ hz monitors was that you could really display the full 100+ fps(if you're able to achieve that in whatever game you're playing) which makes the game much more crisp "in motion"

physically seeing more than 60 fps, maybe yeah but theres a smoothness that comes with 80-120 fps even on a 60 HZ monitor than you wont see with vsync stuck at 60 fps

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
It is impossible for you to see more than 60fps on a 60hz monitor. You are correct

2gunsup

Satsui No Hado
Daps
Reppin
Popozudas
Breh, if you don't know the difference between downsampling 1440p to 1080p vs a true native 1440p output device then there is nothing else to talk about...

Like I said...you telling me there is no difference...but the difference is actually so big that i could instantly spot it on just one screenshot you posted...

What's so hard to get? There's no difference in performance when downsampling from 1440p to 1080p, The GPU is working just as hard, it will however look different on a 1080p panel vs a 1440p one.
physically seeing more than 60 fps, maybe yeah but theres a smoothness that comes with 80-120 fps even on a 60 HZ monitor than you wont see with vsync stuck at 60 fps
Correct.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

there is no difference since the screenshot is captured before the scaling occurs. that's why the screenshot is 1440p, and not 1080p

after you set-up your custom resolutions in the nvidia control panel, you just select that resolution in game. at that point, the game is being rendered at that resolution, regardless of my display's resolution. and that means I'm also gonna see the same performance I would see if I owned a 1440p monitor

this is pretty much the same thing as the 'new' "Dynamic Super Resolution" feature Nvidia is offering. the only difference is they're using a different (better?) filter for the scaling

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/ar...-improves-your-games-with-4k-quality-graphics

Our new Maxwell architecture introduces a raft of innovative, exciting technologies that make your games better in dramatic ways. Of these new features, Dynamic Super Resolution (DSR) will have largest impact, enhancing any game that supports resolutions above 1920x1080. What does DSR do? Simply put, it renders a game at a higher, more detailed resolution and intelligently shrinks the result back down to the resolution of your monitor, giving you 4K, 3840x2160-quality graphics on any screen.

Enthusiasts with compatible monitors and technical know-how refer to this process as Downsampling or Super Sampling. DSR drastically improves upon this process by applying a high-quality filter specifically designed for the task. DSR also makes the process simpler with on/off integration built directly into GeForce Experience and It's compatible with all monitors, removes the need for technical know-how, and is integrated into GeForce Experience's Optimal Playable Settings.

do you doubt all this is real? if you have an nvidia card, you can try it yourself. if you download GeDoSaTo you can experiment with even higher resolutions

http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?page_id=582

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
What's so hard to get? There's no difference in performance when downsampling from 1440p to 1080p, The GPU is working just as hard, it will however look different on a 1080p panel vs a 1440p one.

Correct.

But there is a difference in performance, because your gpu has to work to display the pixels on the screen. Are we acting like gpu's don't come with resolution specs attached to them? Are we going to act like you could actually game at say 4k...with a 500 or 400 series gtx card? I am pretty positive you cannot because the card is not powerful enough to push the number of pixels required for a 4k monitor...

You and this other dude are acting like the physical act of filling pixels on a screen is something that the gpu plays absolutely no part in...you are acting like after the gpu generates an image then it's job is done and there is something else that is actually displaying those pixels on the screen...

2gunsup

Satsui No Hado
Daps
Reppin
Popozudas
But there is a difference in performance, because your gpu has to work to display the pixels on the screen. Are we acting like gpu's don't come with resolution specs attached to them? Are we going to act like you could actually game at say 4k...with a 500 or 400 series gtx card? I am pretty positive you cannot because the card is not powerful enough to push the number of pixels required for a 4k monitor...

You and this other dude are acting like the physical act of filling pixels on a screen is something that the gpu plays absolutely no part in...you are acting like after the gpu generates an image then it's job is done and there is something else that is actually displaying those pixels on the screen...

What I'm correcting is your assumption that it's easier to downscale 1440P than to actually game on a 1440p panel. Unless I'm wrong that's what I'm getting from your posts. You and your boyfriend should take reading comprehension courses. :umad: