The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
You'll be able to unlock it. Don't worry
yeah "but these commands and changes are not recommended or supported and we suggest everyone play the game as it was designed and intended for the best experience." they're kinda beating around the bush as far as what possible side-effects unlocking the framerate might have. I assume it's locked at 30 for some reason, other than 'parity' with consoles

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I think he's remembering the multiplayer performance. they disabled tessellation and some other effects in Crysis 3 mutli

I had to drop shadows down to maintain 60fps at 1080p in the single player (with my 780). but that games also scales well. when it first came out I played it fine on my 660 with mostly high settings
I just can't take what he says seriously anymore. He's just pulling shyt out of his ass when it comes to 1440p and GPU performance :manny:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
yeah "but these commands and changes are not recommended or supported and we suggest everyone play the game as it was designed and intended for the best experience." they're kinda beating around the bush as far as what possible side-effects unlocking the framerate might have. I assume it's locked at 30 for some reason, other than 'parity' with consoles
It'll probably be wildly erratic fps like dead rising 3

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Exactly..

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
It'll probably be wildly erratic fps like dead rising 3
they're also still kinda beating around the bush with the 4gb of vram thing. game seems like a mess, and I'll be waiting the impressions of PC gamers that get their hands on it

30fps isn't even the end of the world for me, but it's not something I want to pay full price for. and it's like all this shyt don't even add up: it requires an i7 and 4gb of vram, but it's locked to 30fps? :what:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
they're also still kinda beating around the bush with the 4gb of vram thing. game seems like a mess, and I'll be waiting the impressions of PC gamers that get their hands on it

30fps isn't even the end of the world for me, but it's not something I want to pay full price for. and it's like all this shyt don't even add up: it requires an i7 and 4gb of vram, but it's locked to 30fps? :what:
Yeah, shyt doesn't make any sense. I don't even care about the game though, fortunately. If I did, I'd be pissed though.

Borderlands comes out the same day, that's all I care about now :lupe:

2gunsup

Satsui No Hado
Daps
Reppin
Popozudas
:heh:

Let's all game on 670s at 1440p. :blessed:

Let's pretend like we don't care about graphics when in EVERY pc vs console thread all everybody always talks about is how pcs have better graphics. :blessed:

Let's somehow see 80fps on a 60hz monitor :blessed:

Let's pretend that everybody here that has a 1440p monitor or games at higher resolutions has a single GPU :blessed:

Let's pretend that benchmarks don't matter :blessed:

Y'all are no better than the console Stans.

The second anybody questions pc performance, it's :cape:

Pathetic :smh:

Thought you were from Chicago, :sas2:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
But this shyt doesnt worry u a lil bit about the overall game?..from the system recommendations to this framerate issue this game seems like it will be a mess on PC..
Yeah, I'm worried about the game. I've used that game as an example of how pc games still haven't really caught up with next gen shyt yet without having monster specs. It's just another example of how you apparently need outrageous specs for these games. Which makes absolutely no sense. But yeah, it worries me.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Can't help if you feel like the shoe fits breh, :sas2:
You've done nothing but talk shyt about me and duckbutta for the past few pages. I don't feel guilty at all. Quit playing coy :comeon:

Who else, other than duckbutta and me, is from TX in here that has been talking for the past few pages? :sas1:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
some comparison shots of the Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition that came out today:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=908933

specs:

i7 4770K @ 4.5Ghz
16GB RAM
SLI GTX 780 x2

Sleeping Dogs
hkship_2014_10_08_20_lha8p.png

Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition
sdhdship_2014_10_08_2lyy4d.png

Sleeping Dogs:
hkship_2014_10_08_20_o8b0h.png

Sleeping Dogs: DE:
sdhdship_2014_10_08_250l2l.png

Sleeping Dogs:
hkship_2014_10_08_20_5tz9f.png

Sleeping Dogs: DE:
sdhdship_2014_10_08_2byy6j.png

not worth it IMO (it's 50% on Steam if you already own the OG game)

2gunsup

Satsui No Hado
Daps
Reppin
Popozudas
You've done nothing but talk shyt about me and duckbutta for the past few pages. I don't feel guilty at all. Quit playing coy :comeon:

Who else, other than duckbutta and me, is from TX in here that has been talking for the past few pages? :sas1:

Should I put a pacifier in your mouth bytch nikka?