The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Is this for real...:dahellwhat:

I explained it to you exactly what it is:dahellwhat:

and then you posted a link that says the following

Downsampling, also called OGSSAA : Ordered Grid SuperSampling AntiAliasing, is in this case the concept of rendering the game at a much higher, custom made, resolution than your monitor is capable of displaying and subsequently having the GPU rescale the image ( as in downsample ) to that of your monitor's native resolution to which the end result is a "cleaner", sharper and less aliased image.

This is exactly what I said:dahellwhat:

Because originally you said
"downsampling from 1440p to 1080p is exactly the same as rendering native 1440p"

This is the exact opposite of the explanation that I gave and that your article gave

I see that the article puts the higher resolution number in front of the smaller resolution number...which doesn't make sense...every other article I've seen about downsampling puts the smaller resolution number in front of the larger resolution number...

And...so are you telling me this is what you are doing:dahellwhat:...you are out here trying to convince people that they don't need a powerful card to run games in 1440p...because you are downsampling 1440p...on a 1080p monitor:dahellwhat:

And then you come back and say it is the same at native 1440P?:dahellwhat: What?:dahellwhat: 1440P has over a million extra pixels breh :dahellwhat: that's not even close to being 1440p...all you are doing is making your 1080p image look smoother:dahellwhat:

So do you have a 1440p monitor or not? If not, then why are you trying to make some case about what you need for 1440p when you yourself don't have a monitor that doesn't support it? If you do have a 1440p monitor...why did you bring up downsampling at all...?

I KNEW there was something fishy about your first pic...that shyt did not even look CLOSE to native 1440p...

So that is how far off downsampling from 1440p to true native 1440p is...to the point that I can just look at a still screenshot and have doubts that it is really 1440p...and end up being right about it:yeah ok:
:snoop: do you have something besides a bunch of smilies and meaningless shyt about what number is in front? you can feel free to post a link to this other version of "downsampling" you're talking about

I'm not even sure what you think I did. do you think I took 1080p screenshots and made them 1440p with photoshop?

here's some screenshots direct from Steam screenshots I posted in the official thread, before I posted anything over here

http://www.thecoli.com/posts/10373142/

I haven't even seen the alien yet, but the atmosphere is great

99AB26B8F23DF22008828C3097DAA5382B73EBF3

439ABA21CA54CB60BB6D42677DA424C802F53CC4

2B908393EB589C06D9DE4910B759B3B1C82EE223

I think some of the blurring also comes from the "chromatic aberration" setting

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
for full disclosure, here's a screenshot with the settings I play with, but with vsync and 'film grain' off

Sk0G6Jp.jpg

now I'm gonna turn off the option to show my OSD in screenshots and enjoy my game

how do u get them numbers on the top left corner to show up in game? for FPS and all

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
for full disclosure, here's a screenshot with the settings I play with, but with vsync and 'film grain' off

Sk0G6Jp.jpg

now I'm gonna turn off the option to show my OSD in screenshots and enjoy my game
breh is this the new alien game??

has anyone tried the new alien isolation? ign shytted on it but everywhere else i look it got good reviews

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
breh is this the new alien game??

has anyone tried the new alien isolation? ign shytted on it but everywhere else i look it got good reviews
yeah, I'm playing it now. so far I really like it. IGN's criticism was about the length of the game, and how it kinda got repetitive. I really haven't played long enough to know if that's true

I kinda took a risk on the game after I saw it was getting 'mixed' reviews. it just looks like the kind of game I like to play, and so far it is. the atmosphere is great, and shyt is pretty tense and scary. but if it's just that for 20 hours, I can understand where the criticism comes from

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
:snoop: do you have something besides a bunch of smilies and meaningless shyt about what number is in front? you can feel free to post a link to this other version of "downsampling" you're talking about

I'm not even sure what you think I did. do you think I took 1080p screenshots and made them 1440p with photoshop?

here's some screenshots direct from Steam screenshots I posted in the official thread, before I posted anything over here

http://www.thecoli.com/posts/10373142/

I think some of the blurring also comes from the "chromatic aberration" setting
I think his issue stems from you not having a 1440p monitor, but yeah, your pics are in 1440p.

You should cop a cheap 1440p though. I got this for $350

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/auria-eq276w-review-ips,3465.html

It's really good for the value. I think it's the best korean 1440p you can get.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
yeah, I'm playing it now. so far I really like it. IGN's criticism was about the length of the game, and how it kinda got repetitive. I really haven't played long enough to know if that's true

I kinda took a risk on the game after I saw it was getting 'mixed' reviews. it just looks like the kind of game I like to play, and so far it is. the atmosphere is great, and shyt is pretty tense and scary. but if it's just that for 20 hours, I can understand where the criticism comes from
u also gotta look at the reviewer and his/her age as well...alotta these kids are used to games being straight forward with no backtracking n shyt like that...and that's the part that used to make horror games in the past so great..u had to go back and explore shyt u might have missed..go thru doors u couldn't before..shyt like that...reading that the game is like that makes me want it MORE than before...

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I think his issue stems from you not having a 1440p monitor, but yeah, your pics are in 1440p.
I think his issue stems from wanting to accuse me of something rather than gain some understanding about what "downsampling" is. if people have never experimented with downsampling and 'higher' forms of AA, that's fine. but if that's the case, they are speaking from a place of ignorance

I game on a 45" HDTV, so I would have to switch stuff around if I wanted a setup with a "monitor". but if I were to invest in a 1440p monitor, it would be the gsync variety

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
u also gotta look at the reviewer and his/her age as well...alotta these kids are used to games being straight forward with no backtracking n shyt like that...and that's the part that used to make horror games in the past so great..u had to go back and explore shyt u might have missed..go thru doors u couldn't before..shyt like that...reading that the game is like that makes me want it MORE than before...
yeah, I was saying in the other thread that it has a sort of 'metroidvania' thing going on, where you're constantly seeing doors and hatches that you will be able to open later

but I think the issue maybe maintaining the level of 'tension' for such a long time. there's kind of a thing in 'horror' games where shyt is mad tense, and then you kinda get some 'relief' when you get past that part. and part of that is knowing you won't have to go through that again. but here it seems like you might have to go through that again, and again... and again? :sadcam:

but again, I really don't know because I haven't played that long

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
mcnabb.gif

all these bull shyt ass posts the past 6 pages because I asked people to sell me on 2x BenQ monitors vs 1 ASUS ROG and I still dont know one which one to get :mindblown: no one sold me on shyt :mindblown: just wait straight into arguing resolutions (which both can be 144hz so thats a moot point). Only valid point I heard was GSYNC but then shyt like 4k monitors started getting thrown out and people recommending 3x 980GTX cards to run 1440p :dead: I mean what in the fukk happened these past few pages :mindblown:

just lettin yall know, these past 6 pages is the EXACT reason console people DONT want to try out computer gaming. Yall cant just throw fukking money at your motherboard and computer desk and come in here and recommend everyone do the same. Using bull shyt ass benchmarks on settings that majority of people even with high end computers turn down unless you are straight up enthusiast but you cant expect everyone else to care about AA in games when most people just wanna play on high/ultra but keep a realistic high FPS and thats usually the first thing to go

This thread got real sloppy the past 6 pages. Lets be smarter about our builds friends and not just buy the most expensive shyt on the shelf and expect everyone else to do that friends.

shout out to @winb83

2gunsup

Satsui No Hado
Daps
Reppin
Popozudas
Just so you know Alien's Isolation has a built in benchmark utility.
mcnabb.gif

all these bull shyt ass posts the past 6 pages because I asked people to sell me on 2x BenQ monitors vs 1 ASUS ROG and I still dont know one which one to get :mindblown: no one sold me on shyt :mindblown: just wait straight into arguing resolutions (which both can be 144hz so thats a moot point). Only valid point I heard was GSYNC but then shyt like 4k monitors started getting thrown out and people recommending 3x 980GTX cards to run 1440p :dead: I mean what in the fukk happened these past few pages :mindblown:

just lettin yall know, these past 6 pages is the EXACT reason console people DONT want to try out computer gaming. Yall cant just throw fukking money at your motherboard and computer desk and come in here and recommend everyone do the same. Using bull shyt ass benchmarks on settings that majority of people even with high end computers turn down unless you are straight up enthusiast but you cant expect everyone else to care about AA in games when most people just wanna play on high/ultra but keep a realistic high FPS and thats usually the first thing to go

This thread got real sloppy the past 6 pages. Lets be smarter about our builds friends and not just buy the most expensive shyt on the shelf and expect everyone else to do that friends.

shout out to @winb83

The fukk breh, you didn't know the hard rule of you can't turn down settings when PC gaming? It's Ultra or get a console, :troll: