The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Where did I mention anything about the power of a 980? I just called out the bullshyt review you posted and how AA settings play a major role. You should go back to the drawing board, :lupe:
This is your typical argument. You already used that before. You pretend to not say anything, when you've spent the last X amount of post trying to counter my claims.

You came in here and said that you can get surprisingly high fps on 1440p if you turn down the AA. I post benchmarks with them using FXAA and very high and shyt and you discard them all because of Metro LL.

You're saying a lot breh, then you like to backtrack and pretend like you have no opinion. Okay then, whatever floats your boat..

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
You're overstating the power of a single 980 at 1440p. But I guess we shouldn't listen to the benchmarkers. I guess we shouldn't listen to people that do this for a a living. I guess they all must be wrong. :comeon:

Reviewers play games for a living but they suck at video games :yeshrug:

2gunsup

Satsui No Hado
Daps
Reppin
Popozudas
This is your typical argument. You already used that before. You pretend to not say anything, when you've spent the last X amount of post trying to counter my claims.

You came in here and said that you can get surprisingly high fps on 1440p if you turn down the AA. I post benchmarks with them using FXAA and very high and shyt and you discard them all because of Metro LL.

You're saying a lot breh, then you like to backtrack and pretend like you have no opinion. Okay then, whatever floats your boat..

Scrolling back I only see myself schooling you on what you don't know. You caught feelings cause I shytted on the review you posted going as far as stating my specs and why I have the stuff I have. Why not state my social security # while your at it :heh:

Now in regards to the review you posted the Metro LL settings speaks wonders for the credibility. Perhaps instead of crying post after post trying to hold on to your position you could google for another review that better supports it. Better yet, go join a forum where these cards and benchmarks are ran competitively day to day (OCN :ahh:), perhaps you'll learn something instead of pulling the first review that tells the story you want. Everything else you're saying is extra shyt you fantasized about. 2gunsup doesn't backtrack for no forum scary nikka.:umad:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Scrolling back I only see myself schooling you on what you don't know. You caught feelings cause I shytted on the review you posted going as far as stating my specs and why I have the stuff I have. Why not state my social security # while your at it :heh:

Now in regards to the review you posted the Metro LL settings speaks wonders for the credibility. Perhaps instead of crying post after post trying to hold on to your position you could google for another review that better supports it. Better yet, go join a forum where these cards and benchmarks are ran competitively day to day (OCN :ahh:), perhaps you'll learn something instead of pulling the first review that tells the story you want. Everything else you're saying is extra shyt you fantasized about. 2gunsup doesn't backtrack for no forum scary nikka.:umad:

I've been looking for other 1440p benchmarks. Post them up if you have them.

You did the exact same shyt with my setup assuming I use max aa on 3 monitors :dead:

And yeah OCN is your typical gamer. Those guys don't push their shyt to the extreme :mjlol:

Post some benchmarks to counter my claims and I'll fall back. Until then I see nothing wrong here

2gunsup

Satsui No Hado
Daps
Reppin
Popozudas
I've been looking for other 1440p benchmarks. Post them up if you have them.

You did the exact same shyt with my setup assuming I use max aa on 3 monitors :dead:

And yeah OCN is your typical gamer. Those guys don't push their shyt to the extreme :mjlol:

Post some benchmarks to counter my claims and I'll fall back. Until then I see nothing wrong here

OCN, your typical gamer, :heh:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
@Ciggavelli & @2gunsup

listen guys, allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are both wrong.

In an age where opinions about pc specs are a diamond dozen, the truth a blessing in the skies, and are more than just ice king on the cake.

We often put our false beliefs on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite.

So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there.

Although there is some merit to what you are both saying it seems like you have huge ships on your shoulders.

In your arguments you seem to throw everything in but the kids and chinks, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality.

I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things.

It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in both your rhetoric.

I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out anger because the truth will get you trees.

You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go.

Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once.

It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the fax, instead of making a half-harded effort.

You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it's a peach of cake.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
TIL PC games only have one setting: ultra-or-nothing

*throws pc out the window*

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
@Ciggavelli & @2gunsup

listen guys, allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are both wrong.

In an age where opinions about pc specs are a diamond dozen, the truth a blessing in the skies, and are more than just ice king on the cake.

We often put our false beliefs on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite.

So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there.

Although there is some merit to what you are both saying it seems like you have huge ships on your shoulders.

In your arguments you seem to throw everything in but the kids and chinks, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality.

I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things.

It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in both your rhetoric.

I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out anger because the truth will get you trees.

You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go.

Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once.

It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the fax, instead of making a half-harded effort.

You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it's a peach of cake.
I remember when you used that somewhere else.

That spelling or misuse of words gets me every time :russ:

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
I think the trend is moving toward 4K. You can get a gsync 4K for the same price as a 1440p. Your graphics card won't be able to handle it (you'll definitely need 2 or 3), but you'll be future proof. 1440p is kinda going away right now. But it is at least viable with current gpus. :manny:

ok so it looks like imma make the jump from 1080 to 4k. What card(s) should i cop for 4k gaming?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
ok so it looks like imma make the jump from 1080 to 4k. What card(s) should i cop for 4k gaming?
2 or preferably 3 980s. Some may even say you need to get titan blacks for the 6b vram.

*waits for everybody to disagree with me*

I won't bother posting benchmarks, apparently they can't be trusted :mjlol:, but you can easily see why you need that many cards if you do some research