The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

2gunsup

Satsui No Hado
Daps
Reppin
Popozudas
I doubt he has 4x ssaa on. He wouldn't get that high. But fine, take away Metro LL

Nothing wrong with the crysis benchmarks though :sas2:

Depends on the AA being used. Sure nothing is going to run games at 1440p with 8 MSAA, 2x+ SSAA. The type and amount of AA used is the hardest hitter to FPS, especially at 1440p+, not the other bullshyt settings. At 1440p going over 2xAA is overkill but reviewers tend to throw AA to the unreasonable max. This has people like you running around forums spewing mis info. Perhaps you'd have a better time at 3x1080p if you weren't gaming with 8xMSAA on, :troll:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Depends on the AA being used. Sure nothing is going to run games at 1440p with 8 MSAA, 2x+ SSAA. The type and amount of AA used is the hardest hitter to FPS, especially at 1440p+, not the other bullshyt settings. At 1440p going over 2xAA is overkill but reviewers tend to throw AA to the unreasonable max. This has people like you running around forums spewing mis info. Perhaps you'd have a better time at 3x1080p if you weren't gaming with 8xMSAA on, :troll:
Not this again :russ:. I game at higher resolutions than you. I strictly use FXAA. I know how hard AA hits shyt.

Why do you have 2 cards again?

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Look at these benchmarks

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-nvidia-geforce-gtx-980-review

benchmarks.jpg

Only bioshock is getting over 60 on a stock 980. And look at metro ll and crysis 3
most of those games have a couple settings you can turn down to gain a lot of frames. using SSAA in Metro LL means it's rendering twice the resolution. Tomb Raider probably has tressfx on. interesting that the 780ti scored better than the stock 980 there

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
most of those games have a couple settings you can turn down to gain a lot of frames. using SSAA in Metro LL means it's rendering twice the resolution. Tomb Raider probably has tressfx on. interesting that the 780ti scored better than the stock 980 there
Tressfx barely takes a hit on my cards

We don't know what ssaa he was using. Coulda been .5 for all we know

2gunsup

Satsui No Hado
Daps
Reppin
Popozudas
Not this again :russ:. I game at higher resolutions than you. I strictly use FXAA. I know how hard AA hits shyt.

Why do you have 2 cards again?

Technically its 3, I don't like empty slots. :shaq:

Playing at higher resolutions doesn't magically make you the sharpest knife in the drawer now does it. :usure:

Continue being pessimistic though, :lupe:

Moving on,
My Metro LL heads, which have you has beat the Tower Pack DLC on Normal/Hard...:why:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Technically its 3, I don't like empty slots. :shaq:

Playing at higher resolutions doesn't magically make you the sharpest knife in the drawer now does it. :usure:

Continue being pessimistic though, :lupe:

Moving on,
My Metro LL heads, which have you has beat the Developer Pack DLC on Normal/Hard...:why:
Continue lying to people about the performance of their cards when you have liquid cooled overclocked high end gpus with a separate physx card to achieve the fps you want brehs. :dead:

2gunsup

Satsui No Hado
Daps
Reppin
Popozudas
Continue lying to people about the performance of their cards when you have liquid cooled overclocked high end gpus with a separate physx card to achieve the fps you want brehs. :dead:

What am I lying about? I do what I do cause its a hobby of mine, more so than for gaming. I liquid cool so my shyt runs dead silent :hamster: and for the aesthetics, cards ain't even overclocked. Continue to assume what you don't know though, :smugfavre:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
What am I lying about? I do what I do cause its a hobby of mine, more so than for gaming. I liquid cool so my shyt runs dead silent :hamster: and for the aesthetics, cards ain't even overclocked. Continue to assume what you don't know though, :smugfavre:
You're overstating the power of a single 980 at 1440p. But I guess we shouldn't listen to the benchmarkers. I guess we shouldn't listen to people that do this for a a living. I guess they all must be wrong. :comeon:

2gunsup

Satsui No Hado
Daps
Reppin
Popozudas
You're overstating the power of a single 980 at 1440p. But I guess we shouldn't listen to the benchmarkers. I guess we shouldn't listen to people that do this for a a living. I guess they all must be wrong. :comeon:

Where did I mention anything about the power of a 980? I just called out the bullshyt review you posted and how AA settings play a major role. You should go back to the drawing board, :lupe: