The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Watch Dogs' performance is fine if you turn the textures quality down. the narrative that it's some kind of terrible PC port is blown way out of proportion

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
watch dogs is a cluster fukk of a game and should not be held to ANY standard as far as judging performance

I have a 670 GTX. I bet I can run Dead Rising at 80-90 FPS on high settings 1080p no problem.

@Ciggavelli you the bruh, but your past few posts sounding real @winb83 like :ufdup: :pachaha:

haha nah you'll never be @winb83 but nothing you saying as far as bench marks with those games should not be held to any standards to regular gamers.
You definitely won't be playing dead rising at 80-90fps on a 670. We had that reviewer say he couldn't get a steady 60fps on a 780. This is an x1 game.

I highly doubt you'll get a steady 60fps on gta v, with a 670, with equivalent graphics (see I didn't say high this time), but your CPU will definitely help you, if we go by gta iv standards. But we don't know, so it could be anything. I'm just going by their previous ports, which is about all we can do at this point.

I'll fall back, I'm obviously outnumbered with my opinion, but things are a little up in the air right now until this next gen shyt is figured out. It won't be like this in a year or 2 though :manny:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
You definitely won't be playing dead rising at 80-90fps on a 670. We had that reviewer say he couldn't get a steady 60fps on a 780. This is an x1 game.

I highly doubt you'll get a steady 60fps on gta v, with a 670, with equivalent graphics (see I didn't say high this time), but your CPU will definitely help you, if we go by gta iv standards. But we don't know, so it could be anything. I'm just going by their previous ports, which is about all we can do at this point.

I'll fall back, I'm obviously outnumbered with my opinion, but things are a little up in the air right now until this next gen shyt is figured out. It won't be like this in a year or 2 though :manny:

reviewers dont know what the fukk they talking about bro, they are horrible gamers. I get 130 FPS on Crysis 3 at high settings with AA. Dead Rising is not more demanding than that.

Not only that, Dead Rising is not even as taxing as Battlefield 4. My PC also runs at that at 100+ FPS on high and 70-80 FPS on Ultra. Settings and FPS that both consoles cant even currently achieve.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Watch Dogs' performance is fine if you turn the textures quality down. the narrative that it's some kind of terrible PC port is blown way out of proportion
The developers said the ps4 version of watch dogs was the equivalent of high. If you have to turn the textures done to medium, I'm assuming that means you're working with worse textures than the ps4. But that is countered by putting the other settings up. If that is better or worse than the ps4? I guess that's a matter of opinion.

Ok, I'll stop now. :whoa:

I don't wanna be Winb :mjcry:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
This is an x1 game.
it is, and we shouldn't be using it as a standard to judge PC ports. before the PC version came out, they said it would be locked to 30 fps, and that unlocking that would be "at your own risk"

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
reviewers dont know what the fukk they talking about bro, they are horrible gamers. I get 130 FPS on Crysis 3 at high settings with AA. Dead Rising is not more demanding than that.

Not only that, Dead Rising is not even as taxing as Battlefield 4. My PC also runs at that at 100+ FPS on high and 70-80 FPS on Ultra. Settings and FPS that both consoles cant even currently achieve.
I'm not sure you've looked into dead rising 3. It shouldn't be more demanding, but it is for some reason.

Crytek has a godly engine :bow:

Capcom fukked shyt up.

But yes, before you go there, I do realize it's just one game

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
As my last point on the matter (and before everybody turns on me :mjcry:), I'm not trying to be anti pc. I'm just saying it's not as cheap, AT THIS MOMENT in time, like it was 2 years ago during the last gen of systems. I continue to say it'll be better in a year or 2, and I really think that. Developers and hardware makers are still in flux with this next gen right now. Cheap pcs will outpace consoles in 2 years I think.

We have to be honest brehs. It does a disservice to the pc community, if we're saying one thing, but the performance says another. :manny:

Alright I'm done :pachaha:

It's still Pc master race :blessed:

Last edited:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
The developers said the ps4 version of watch dogs was the equivalent of high. If you have to turn the textures done to medium, I'm assuming that means you're working with worse textures than the ps4. But that is countered by putting the other settings up. If that is better or worse than the ps4? I guess that's a matter of opinion.

Ok, I'll stop now. :whoa:

I don't wanna be Winb :mjcry:

whatever the dev's say should always be taken with a grain of salt. they are part of the PR machine. plus saying something "is the equivalent of high on PC" is meaningless if the PC game has several settings

and I don't know why this is always a competition with the consoles. Arma and Divinity Original Sin run at zero-p on the PS4. I can't play F.E.A.R. with 2x2 ogssaa + 4x msaa on the PS4. I can't even play an mp3 on the PS4 :bryan:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
whatever the dev's say should always be taken with a grain of salt. they are part of the PR machine. plus saying something "is the equivalent of high on PC" is meaningless if the PC game has several settings

and I don't know why this is always a competition with the consoles. Arma and Divinity Original Sin run at zero-p on the PS4. I can't play F.E.A.R. with 2x2 ogssaa + 4x msaa on the PS4. I can't even play an mp3 on the PS4 :bryan:
It's only a competition for this argument because 2 posters said they wanted to build machines that are equivalent to the ps4 or x1 and didn't want to go all out on crazy gpus like we do.

That's where this all started

Uh Oh

Bake 'em away, toys
Daps
When is Nvidia expected to drop more cards? There's a pretty large gap between the 750Ti and the 970

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
When is Nvidia expected to drop more cards? There's a pretty large gap between the 750Ti and the 970
well it looks like they renamed the 800 series as the 900 series on the desktop...what is your budget?