The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

CTech83

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
I'm surprised how fast Shadow of Mordor loads on this SSD. Fast travel takes no more than 5 seconds to get back into the game. The game runs smooth as shyt too. This is what I expected from Watchdogs.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
early next year. Regular hard drives will slowly start being phased out in 2-3 years after that I believe.

regular Hard Drives are still peaking right now (for storage uses) I dont see them getting phased out anytime in the near future unless 1 TB SSDs start dropping at around the same price as the HDD counter part..

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
I'm surprised how fast Shadow of Mordor loads on this SSD. Fast travel takes no more than 5 seconds to get back into the game. The game runs smooth as shyt too. This is what I expected from Watchdogs.

gaming off an SSD is like night and day compared to an HHD.
when i first got mine i was shocked at how quickly games loaded, saved and changed maps.
i'd pick up my beer and expect to have time to take a few sips...but as soon as i put the can to my mouth the level would be loaded.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
regular Hard Drives are still peaking right now (for storage uses) I dont see them getting phased out anytime in the near future unless 1 TB SSDs start dropping at around the same price as the HDD counter part..

even if the prices became remotely comparable...and it's closing in on that.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I ain't play games all day and just now I loaded up mordor and my game video just was acting crazy.

Edit:Scratch that I played Battlefield 4 earlier and that played fine. The games usually don't crash or freeze though..

iFakEhzci5pr.jpg

:damn:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I ain't play games all day and just now I loaded up mordor and my game video just was acting crazy.

iFakEhzci5pr.jpg

:damn:
What's wrong with the pic?

Side note: is this an action only game, or are there rpg/story elements in there as well?