The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I really don't have a problem with them requiring 6gb for 'ultra' textures, so long as there's lesser options

making 4gb of vram the minimum is just some bullshyt though. not to mention the game just won't sell on PC with that kind of requirement. isn't The Evil Within also gonna be on the ps360, but it requires 4gb of vram on PC? :comeon:
nah...the game doesn't look good enough...and isn't open world enough to justify ANY of those specs...at all...there's games that came out last gen that look better...aint no fukkin way this ok lookin closed corridor ass game is taking up enough vram for 4k resolutions at 1080p unless its just BADLY optimized...look at the percentage of people with 4gb cards on steam..it's like fukking 1% percent...u tellin me 780ti's should be having a problem running this average ass CROSS PLATFORM game...I mean this shyt runs on xbox 360 and PS3 for Christ sakes...so either theyre bullshyttin those "specs"..or they need they ass whooped for making a fukkin shytty port that most PC gamers wont even be able to play...

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
I'm not trying to upgrade to an i7. All these new games are recommending it now though. :why:
son u don't need that shyt...they cant even fully utilize the new i5's yet...fukk would u need an i7 for?...these devs are really tryna just bait nikkas into buying new hardware just so they can make shytty unoptimized ports...this game is based on last gen architecture...they full of shyt....

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
This gen might be our undoing. :mjcry: shytty optimization is gonna fukk us all over, and the trend keeps continuing. I haven't been this worried about PC gaming since the mid 2000s. They really don't care about us :mjcry:

Gabe some how save us :bow:

Last edited:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
nah...the game doesn't look good enough...and isn't open world enough to justify ANY of those specs...at all...there's games that came out last gen that look better...aint no fukkin way this ok lookin closed corridor ass game is taking up enough vram for 4k resolutions at 1080p unless its just BADLY optimized...look at the percentage of people with 4gb cards on steam..it's like fukking 1% percent...u tellin me 780ti's should be having a problem running this average ass CROSS PLATFORM game...I mean this shyt runs on xbox 360 and PS3 for Christ sakes...so either theyre bullshyttin those "specs"..or they need they ass whooped for making a fukkin shytty port that most PC gamers wont even be able to play...

I think the problem is that Watchdogs got away with it...they load nearly everything in that game into VRAM...to the point that if you got a 3GB 780 GTX you can't run it on Ultra (at least at 4k or even 2k)...but if you got a 6GB 780 GTX you can with no problems...I got my hands on a 6GB GTX 780 and could get a consistent 60 fps at 4k on Ultra...with a 3GB card forget it...

And what happened with Watchdogs...went on to be one of the best sellings games this year...

So Bethesda probably thinking "Ubisoft programed the majority of their game to rely on VRAM...it turned out well for them...so will we"

So I think THE games to watch for this are going to be GTA V and The Witcher III...I would say both will be viewed as Triple AAA PC games...by companies who do a pretty good job of trying to optimize their games, ( I remember the GTA 4 fiasco on PC but that always truck me as a Vista problem cause I had XP at the time and it ran flawlessly for me )but if they come out with a 4GB VRAM required limit...yeah...everyone else will follow suit...

Reminds me that I plan on getting Far Cry 4 as well...:lupe::mjcry:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
I think the problem is that Watchdogs got away with it...they load nearly everything in that game into VRAM...to the point that if you got a 3GB 780 GTX you can't run it on Ultra (at least at 4k or even 2k)...but if you got a 6GB 780 GTX you can with no problems...I got my hands on a 6GB GTX 780 and could get a consistent 60 fps at 4k on Ultra...with a 3GB card forget it...

And what happened with Watchdogs...went on to be one of the best sellings games this year...

So Bethesda probably thinking "Ubisoft programed the majority of their game to rely on VRAM...it turned out well for them...so will we"

So I think THE games to watch for this are going to be GTA V and The Witcher III...I would say both will be viewed as Triple AAA PC games...by companies who do a pretty good job of trying to optimize their games, ( I remember the GTA 4 fiasco on PC but that always truck me as a Vista problem cause I had XP at the time and it ran flawlessly for me )but if they come out with a 4GB VRAM required limit...yeah...everyone else will follow suit...

Reminds me that I plan on getting Far Cry 4 as well...:lupe::mjcry:
fukked up lookin games that need million dollar pc's to run it...its fukked up...but I don't think they can get away with it for too long tho..cause the PC Gaming community is bigger than ever at this point..everyone bought Watchdogs and didn't expect it to have the issues it had..

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I'm pretty sure Witcher 3 will be straight

I have no idea what GTA 5 will be like though. shyt got pushed back, so I assume the porting isn't going smoothly

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
:damn: @ 6gb vram what the fukk are these nigas thinking?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston