The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
This is not looking good for anybody. I was warning y'all about this bullshyt, and now it's coming true...:to:

Devs don't give a shyt about PC gamers this generation.

3 monitors might just be a pipe dream in the next year. fukk 4K too. No way anybody is playing that.

Seriously, what is up with these requirements? They make absolutely no sense. The consoles are so weak in comparison. Why the fukk do we need to have such high end shyt?

Is it really just lazy developers? Or is it something more sinister? :demonic:

Everybody better pick up a ps4 now. Looks like that's where you can play games on high at a reasonable price :snoop:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
:mjcry: They just don't give a fukk anymore.
They don't :mjcry:

We're not gonna be able to catch up with this generation until mid-cycle. And it makes absolutely no fukking sense. The ps4 and xbox 1 are inferior paces of shyt compared with a medium level rig.

@duckbutta knew what he was doing when he said he wanted to get those 6gb Titan blacks. They may be our only saving grace.

I'm really hoping AMD blows Nvidia out of the water this gen. 6 gb on everything.

I can go back to a controller, console and tv screen, right? :sadcam:

my 3 monitor dream rig may be over for a few years now :to:

Not even muthafukking 980s can save us! :mjcry:

CTech83

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
Damn. Shadow of mordor got the 980 looking :flabbynsick: already. I thought I could cop this thing and be good gaming at 1080p on ultra for a few years. :why:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
They don't :mjcry:

We're not gonna be able to catch up with this generation until mid-cycle. And it makes absolutely no fukking sense. The ps4 and xbox 1 are inferior paces of shyt compared with a medium level rig.

@duckbutta knew what he was doing when he said he wanted to get those 6gb Titan blacks. They may be our only saving grace.

I'm really hoping AMD blows Nvidia out of the water this gen. 6 gb on everything.

I can go back to a controller, console and tv screen, right? :sadcam:

my 3 monitor dream rig may be over for a few years now :to:

Not even muthafukking 980s can save us! :mjcry:

Breh, looking at that speck list for The Evil Within...that shyt says you need an I7...at least a quad core I7...

To me that is just as outrageous...if not more outrageous...than the 4GB VRAM limit...

And this is recommended for 1080P...4k is 4 times the pixels...so now...mathmatically...a 6GB card WON't be enough to play this at 4k on ultra...get all the way the fukk out of here with this...:camby:

And that is not even the scary part...

This is set up like a typical survivor horror game...closed off environments...you in a graveyard...you in a mansion...obviously the graphics will be pretty...but it's not open world...

So...Bethesda...what in the blue fukk am I going to need to run the next Elder Scrolls and the next Fallout in 4k:mindblown:...because those are open world games...and if you telling me I need 4GB of VRAM and an I7 for your little 8 hour single player survival horror game...then:scust:

These fools really made a game...that from a VRAM perspective...a brand new high end flagship card will barely be able to run...at 1080P

shyt is just :scust:and I don't want to think about it...

Actually it is sort of :mjlol: because Bethesda has a long history of severely under utilizing cpu's for there games...as i believe both new vegas and skryim won't use anything more than two cores unless you use a mod...and New Vegas laughably won't use more than 2 GB of Ram unless you install a 4 GB mod (regular RAM not VRAM)...and so now they like "alright master race you been clowning us forever on not squeezing the most of current gen hardware so we going to go ahead and make you use these I7's you all say you have:troll:"

Now I'm feverishly watching the 900 series GTX's...because I need them to drive down the cost of the 6GB Titan Black...:mjcry:

For everyone who bought a GTX 980 or 70...can you...buy another one to help your boy out :mjcry:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I really don't have a problem with them requiring 6gb for 'ultra' textures, so long as there's lesser options

making 4gb of vram the minimum is just some bullshyt though. not to mention the game just won't sell on PC with that kind of requirement. isn't The Evil Within also gonna be on the ps360, but it requires 4gb of vram on PC? :comeon:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I really don't have a problem with them requiring 6gb for 'ultra' textures, so long as there's lesser options

making 4gb of vram the minimum is just some bullshyt though. not to mention the game just won't sell on PC with that kind of requirement. isn't The Evil Within also gonna be on the ps360, but it requires 4gb of vram on PC? :comeon:
So with a 4770k and a GTX 780 (3GBs of VRAM) I am under the recommended specs for this game? What a joke especially considering they got this game to run on consoles. All that says to me is they did poor optimization and you have to have ridiculous specs as a result.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So with a 4770k and a GTX 780 (3GBs of VRAM) I am under the recommended specs for this game? What a joke especially considering they got this game to run on consoles. All that says to me is they did poor optimization and you have to have ridiculous specs as a result.
I'd say keep your window cracked open for the time being. I foreshadow things thrown out of it soon..

I'll wait on the sidelines and see how this plays out. I wasn't planning on getting TEW anyway so it'll be good to see how that fares on setups similar to mines.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'd say keep your window cracked open for the time being. I foreshadow things thrown out of it soon..

I'll wait on the sidelines and see how this plays out. I wasn't planning on getting TEW anyway so it'll be good to see how that fares on setups similar to mines.
many 780ti cards didn't come with 4GBs of VRAM. It's laughable for them to act like that should be a recommended spec.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
many 780ti cards didn't come with 4GBs of VRAM. It's laughable for them to act like that should be a recommended spec.
This is certainly not helping break the misconception that you need to upgrade every few months to stay on top of the game. :snoop:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
which game?

again, I have no problem with Shadow of Mordor requiring 6gb for 'ultra' textures (as long as the 'high' textures don't look like muddy crap)

The Evil Within devs are claiming 4gb of vram is 'recommended' but then they say "you should plan to have 4 GBs of VRAM regardless". I'm really not sure what to make of that, and/or if the game will have lesser texture options, and/or if it will be 'playable' on a 1-3gb card. maybe they'll clarify soon, or people will get their hands on the game and see how it actually runs