The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
:damn: @ 6gb vram what the fukk are these nigas thinking?
I mean this shyt goes both ways (pause) with PC gamers. one minute they're complaining no game takes full advantage of their hardware. and then they're complaining when a game does take full advantage of existing hardware

6gb cards exist, and the game will scale down to cards with less vram, so I don't see the problem

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Read the comments section....the staff says u need 4gb Vram to even RUN the fukkin game!..only 1% of steam users have a 4gb card by the way...

http://www.bethblog.com/2014/09/25/the-system-requirements-within/comment-page-1/#comment-393993
That’s not a direct answer… is it playable on 2GB cards? Even if only at low settings?

Talking with folks on the team, you can give it a go with 2 GB VRAM, but it’s definitely not recommended.

"give it a go"? what the fukk is that? :rudy:

maybe he meant to say "pirate my game" :pachaha:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
I mean this shyt goes both ways (pause) with PC gamers. one minute they're complaining no game takes full advantage of their hardware. and then they're complaining when a game does take full advantage of existing hardware

6gb cards exist, and the game will scale down to cards with less vram, so I don't see the problem

my thoughts exactly.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston

6gb of VRAM for a 1080p game?

4gb for a last gen game?

You don't see a problem with that?

It's lazy optimization again. The ps4 and xb1 don't need anywhere near those requirements.

It's about being reasonable. I want to take full advantage of my cards, but only if they are truly being used as intended, not as some crutch for lazy developers.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..

4gb for a last gen game?

It's lazy optimization again. The ps4 and xb1 don't need anywhere near those requirements.

It's about being reasonable. I want to take full advantage of my cards, but only if they are truly being used as intended, not as some crutch for lazy developers.
exactly..the game aint pretty enough for this type of shyt...

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity

4gb for a last gen game?

yeah, i agree.

console games are created on PC's for fukks sake!
it's a sick, ironic state of affairs.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

I'm not a programmer, but it's my understanding that it's pretty easy to eat up vram by using very large and/or uncompressed textures. those 'ultra' textures in Shadow of Mordor require a separate HD texture pack, and we'll probably find that they don't look that much better than 'high' anyway

it's just an option, and not a requirement, so I don't have a problem with it

4gb for a last gen game?

yes, I do have a problem with The Evil Within and it's devs using weasel-words to avoid simple questions. but I'm also not too worried about it becoming a 'trend' because I don't think it will be successful. there's plenty of games out there being made by devs that actually do take PC gaming seriously

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Gaming in 3 monitors, 1440p or 4k is pretty much over if this trend continues, and I'm afraid it may (thanks watch dogs).

Higher resolutions is probably the main reason I game on the pc. If they take that away from us, why not just play on a console?

This is a very troubling trend. We may not be able to catch up to next gen shyt for years. :smh:

2gunsup

Satsui No Hado
Daps
Reppin
Popozudas
The crying and fear going on here is entertaining, let it continue, :blessed:

In other news I switched my physx card from the gtx 660 to a smaller 750 ti and gained 30 average fps and gained like 50 on minimum on the Batman Arkham Origins benchmark, :ehh:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
The crying and fear going on here is entertaining, let it continue, :blessed:

In other news I switched my physx card from the gtx 660 to a smaller 750 ti and gained 30 average fps and gained like 50 on minimum on the Batman Arkham Origins benchmark, :ehh:
You aren't worried a bit? You game at 1440p

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Hard8 makes me want a GTX 980 I'd need a 4K screen for it though. That Metro Last Light benchmark butchered his card. I saw FPS numbers dipping into the low single digits.

Last edited: