The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Dada

Face===>Heel
Daps
I can choose to boot to Ubuntu or Windows, but I have to keep Ubuntu installed. I can't delete it and just have Windows, if I do that it was just say Grub: and there's no way to boot into Windows because it's dependent on Ubuntu's bootloader. Boot Sequence doesn't help, and neither does the screen that allows me to choose between Ubuntu and Windows.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
I can choose to boot to Ubuntu or Windows, but I have to keep Ubuntu installed. I can't delete it and just have Windows, if I do that it was just say Grub: and there's no way to boot into Windows because it's dependent on Ubuntu's bootloader. Boot Sequence doesn't help, and neither does the screen that allows me to choose between Ubuntu and Windows.

lol.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
This is a serious situation :skip:..........The got me backed into a corner with no way out. :to:
Vista :mjlol:

you probably gonna need a recovery disc. just cut to the chase and upgrade to a real OS :comeon:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Vista :mjlol:

you probably gonna need a recovery disc. just cut to the chase and upgrade to a real OS :comeon:

i missed the part that he was running vista...smh.

anyway, i can't help you with your problem @Dada...but i would suggest that you have separate hard drives for each OS and select the one you want to boot up from in the bios.
i've never played around with partitioning HD's with different operating systems, so take my advise for what it's worth.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW

You can try partition magic. They have options to split partitions that are on one disk, which is what it seems like you would want to do, and then once that is done just delete the OS you don't want to use. Awhile ago I did a similar thing were I accidentally put windows 7 and 8 on a small SSD and needed to move windows 7 to another disk but didn't want to do the install again, and after messing around with it for hours I finally got it to work sans recovery disk.

G part is another app that can probably do this.

Obviously you are going to want to back up anything critical because once you go the route of splitting partitions either you do it right and it works or you don't and eventual nuke your bootloader to the point that you just have to reinstall everything from scratch

Dada

Face===>Heel
Daps
You can try partition magic. They have options to split partitions that are on one disk, which is what it seems like you would want to do, and then once that is done just delete the OS you don't want to use. Awhile ago I did a similar thing were I accidentally put windows 7 and 8 on a small SSD and needed to move windows 7 to another disk but didn't want to do the install again, and after messing around with it for hours I finally got it to work sans recovery disk.

G part is another app that can probably do this.

Obviously you are going to want to back up anything critical because once you go the route of splitting partitions either you do it right and it works or you don't and eventual nuke your bootloader to the point that you just have to reinstall everything from scratch

Thanks, I'm going to try this. I saw that second thing mentioned as I was Googling a solution. I spent a few days trying to find a fix before bringing it here but no look.

^^And Vista is a fine OS. :salute:I have 7 and have used 8 (:scusthov:), Vista and 7 aren't that different.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Brehs I have a problem. I can't stop building PC's at the end of the year. I spend my income tax every year on building a brand new monster. The satisfactory is so :noah:

Anyone else have this problem? :sadbron:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Brehs I have a problem. I can't stop building PC's at the end of the year. I spend my income tax every year on building a brand new monster. The satisfactory is so :noah:

are you building them from scratch?
if so, what are you doing with the "old" PC's?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston

I'm on the 2 year plan and I thought I was bad. lol.

But that new pc feel :ahh: