The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why the fukk is it so hard to get a ps2 controller working on steam games brehs?

5 programs and 2 hours later I think I finally figured out how to set this up for tomb raider. Such a fukking hassle though. Gotta see what the game pad layout is.....and find the corresponding buttons on keyboard settings. So I gotta make like x into space bar to jump and shyt. fukk this is annoying

I wanted to escape microsofts bs but this is frustrating to the point where I gotta buy a wired controller.....meanwhile every emulator works so easily with the ps2 pad, it's ridiculous
Why don't you just use a PS3 or PS4 controller?? Is there a specific reason that you want a PS2 controller?

llt23

All Star
Daps
Why don't you just use a PS3 or PS4 controller?? Is there a specific reason that you want a PS2 controller?

Aside from my madcatz fightpad which i cant really use for most modern games(besides fighters of course), i only have wireless 360 pads. :sadcam:

I got the ps2 adapter for PC years ago though.

BTW I eventually got Tomb Raider running nice, but whenever I press L3 it pauses the game. And Start centers the camera. shyts fukked up but good enough for now.

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
man, i have my x99 system all setup in my case, but i have no time to play with it. fukking school is killing me. i don't even have time to run... gotta set some time aside so i can see if my 5960x is a keeper before my 30 days is up on amazon.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Aside from my madcatz fightpad which i cant really use for most modern games(besides fighters of course), i only have wireless 360 pads. :sadcam:

I got the ps2 adapter for PC years ago though.

BTW I eventually got Tomb Raider running nice, but whenever I press L3 it pauses the game. And Start centers the camera. shyts fukked up but good enough for now.
I think you can use "X360ce" with the PS2 controller. it's a program that will basically trick the computer into thinking it's a 360 controller. that way you don't have to worry about binding keys every time

but if you have a wireless 360 pad, the best thing would be to get a wireless dongle for that

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I just blew all of my birthday money on pc games. :banderas:

Dragon Age
Borderlands
Far Cry
Assassin's Creed

I'm set for the rest of the year :win:

Why the fukk does every game cost $60 now though? :wtf:
shyt, I would have just bought steam cards and waited until the wallet breaking deals came through.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
nah, never messed with it. that's a real small mobo, right?
yeah, I think it's an Intel project. They have 1 or 2 boards out there that support haswell. It's for an iMac G4 mod I want to tackle. I might try to see what I can do with a mini-itx though

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Far Cry 3 wasn't too bad for me. I seem to remember there was something messed up with ambient-occlusion, but it ran OK when you turned that off
It'll probably have stuttering issues with SLI, but I'll deal

Ubi will try and make the next gen Assassin's Creed with 1000 NPCs run on one core or some shyt, just like Black Flag. :mjcry:

Dragon Age will be fine and so will Borderlands though :win:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
It'll probably have stuttering issues with SLI, but I'll deal

Ubi will try and make the next gen Assassin's Creed with 1000 NPCs run on one core or some shyt, just like Black Flag. :mjcry:

Dragon Age will be fine and so will Borderlands though :win:
There is a good chance it wont be fine with your 20 monitor setup :umad:

llt23

All Star
Daps
I think you can use "X360ce" with the PS2 controller. it's a program that will basically trick the computer into thinking it's a 360 controller. that way you don't have to worry about binding keys every time

but if you have a wireless 360 pad, the best thing would be to get a wireless dongle for that

Word. I tried that program out for Tomb Raider last nightbut my right analog wasnt working so I went with some other ass program....After a quick google search just now i figured it out with x360ce and this shyt is working CLEAN.

HELL YES