The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
After 2 blunts and 4 hours, Ive completed my first pc build.:ehh:

z87 Asus Board
i5 4670
256 ssd
4 tb hdd
Got a soundblaster card...but I may not need it

Shyt was a lil easier than expected....some of them wires had me a lil spooked tho:lupe:

Next build will take me no longer than a hour :obama:

The :dwillhuh: when Im telling peeps Im building a pc from scratch :jawalrus:.

Felt like :lawd: when I was completed.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity

z87 Asus Board
i5 4670
256 ssd
4 tb hdd
Shyt was a lil easier than expected....some of them wires had me a lil spooked tho:lupe:

no video card? :beli:

FeloniousMonk

Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
no video card? :beli:
Well...this board was toms hardware pick for 2013..Imma see what it do first.

I was gonna get a nvidia 760 yet that threw my psu requirements waaay off.

If I get a video card, gotta get a new psu as well.

I have a 350 w coolmaster..

More than likely, Ill make a cheaper rig, throw the 350 w in that and cop a new psu and MAYBE on of the new 800 series nvidia cards coming out..

Honestly I didnt want to spend over 250 for a gfx card tho..

:yeshrug:

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps

z87 Asus Board
i5 4670
256 ssd
4 tb hdd

Where u stay B so u can help the breh in the future

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Well...this board was toms hardware pick for 2013..Imma see what it do first.

I was gonna get a nvidia 760 yet that threw my psu requirements waaay off.

If I get a video card, gotta get a new psu as well.

I have a 350 w coolmaster..

More than likely, Ill make a cheaper rig, throw the 350 w in that and cop a new psu and MAYBE on of the new 800 series nvidia cards coming out..

Honestly I didnt want to spend over 250 for a gfx card tho..

:yeshrug:

i have the 760 and i love it.
my PSU is a Coolmaster as well, i think it's a 700 or 750 watt.

if you are gaming on your PC you gotta get a GPU.

FeloniousMonk

Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
Where u stay B so u can help the breh in the future
Im in the Bay pimpin..Berkeley to be exact. its not really that difficult..even tho I spent 3-4 reasearching, and re-researching, checking benchmarks vs price budget vs new component release dates

i have the 760 and i love it.
my PSU is a Coolmaster as well, i think it's a 700 or 750 watt.

if you are gaming on your PC you gotta get a GPU.
Yeah if I cop the 760 Im was going with the 650 coolmaster.

And yes, that was the ideal. the rig is a skeleton for audio production/, media design, light video editing..

Question:I have two flat screen tvs I was going to use for monitors, should I just use those for the consoles and cop like a 4k 25 in pc monitor?

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Im in the Bay pimpin..Berkeley to be exact. its not really that difficult..even tho I spent 3-4 reasearching, and re-researching, checking benchmarks vs price budget vs new component release dates

Yeah if I cop the 760 Im was going with the 650 coolmaster.

And yes, that was the ideal. the rig is a skeleton for audio production/, media design, light video editing..

Question:I have two flat screen tvs I was going to use for monitors, should I just use those for the consoles and cop like a 4k 25 in pc monitor?
Im in the east coast, I guess ill holla when actually get the shyt and get confused or whatever breh

2gunsup

Satsui No Hado
Daps
Reppin
Popozudas
:lupe:

1440p G-Sync? What are the main differences with it, in your opinion? Is it really smoother at lower frames?

No tearing, vsync smooth with no input lag. Yeah, its smoother at lower frames, the fluctuation in frames is hard to distinguish. One of the tests I ran was the Metro LL benchmark. I usually run it at 1440p, all setting maxed except SSAA which I leave disabled. There are certain parts of the benchmark which make systems crawl. With Gsync on it was hard to notice the framerate drop during these parts.

The monitor also has ULMB (ultra low motion blur mode) better known as lightboost, shyt is cray.

is that the Nvidia monitor?
Nah, the one I have is an Asus. The Rog Swift 1440p one.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
:whoa: get a dedicated gpu before a 4k monitor. even with a dedicated gpu, I wouldn't get a monitor over 1440p. if you want something new and pimpin, peep that gsync monitor 2guns was talking about

Dada

Face===>Heel
Daps
I put Ubuntu on a couple of my computers. 16gb partitioin on one, 30gb on the other..just for programming reasons. I can boot into either but after trying it out for a while..it's extremely difficult to delete certain file and non-empty directories, more trouble than it's worth. But when I delete Ubuntu, of course, the bootloader is gone, so I get "grub:" blah blah. How do I put the Window's one back on? I believe I can make a recovery/boot disk for the 7 but not on Vista 32 bit sp2 (it's a 64 capable computer that came with Vista 64, but I ended up changing it). I don't have the original Windows disk and you can't make a recovery disk with Windows. How do I make it so I can boot into Windows (so I can delete those Ubuntu partitions). Is there some place that has the Windows boot fi les? After I deleted Ubuntu the first time, I put it back on just so I can get into Windows.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
I put Ubuntu on a couple of my computers. 16gb partitioin on one, 30gb on the other..just for programming reasons. I can boot into either but after trying it out for a while..it's extremely difficult to delete certain file and non-empty directories, more trouble than it's worth. But when I delete Ubuntu, of course, the bootloader is gone, so I get "grub:" blah blah. How do I put the Window's one back on? I believe I can make a recovery/boot disk for the 7 but not on Vista 32 bit sp2 (it's a 64 capable computer that came with Vista 64, but I ended up changing it). I don't have the original Windows disk and you can't make a recovery disk with Windows. How do I make it so I can boot into Windows (so I can delete those Ubuntu partitions). Is there some place that has the Windows boot fi les? After I deleted Ubuntu the first time, I put it back on just so I can get into Windows.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

have you tried changing the boot priority in the bios?