The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
At least we know Crytek will optimize Ryse

Still gonna be a piece of shyt game though. I saw those reviews :wow:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
SSDs are so fast. You need one at least for your boot drive. I use my 4tb hdd for gaming though. You don't really need an ssd for gaming, but you really do need one for everything else. They are so unbelievably fast with the bootup and loading of programs. You can get 500gb for like $250. Running a monster rig on just a hdd is kinda blasphemy. You'll want at least 256gb ssd (I think you can get one for like $125)

But no, the ps4 and xb1 don't use ssds

i gotta disagree with you on that one Cigg...i run my games off of my SSD and they load so much faster.
and i'm not just talking about booting up the game, i'm also talking about the time it takes when games load a new level.
it really is night and day.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
i gotta disagree with you on that one Cigg...i run my games off of my SSD and they load so much faster.
and i'm not just talking about booting up the game, i'm also talking about the time it takes when games load a new level.
it really is night and day.
To be honest I only tried it out in a few games. I should probably take advantage of my 500gb ssd though. I just like to have everything installed and I need my 4tb for that.

I might put a few new games on it and see what's up, but I typically don't mind waiting 10-15 seconds for a new level to load.

Last edited:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
To be honest I only tried it out in a few games. I should probably take advantage of my 500gb ssd though. I just like to have everything installed and I need my 4tb for that.

I might put a few new games on it and see what's up, but I typically don't mind waiting 10-15 seconds for a new level to load.
Just put your frequently played games on the SSD breh and everything else on the :flabbynsick: mechanical.

You won't regret it.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
MSI doesn't include jumper caps on their motherboards and it seems like my only option right now is buying 100 of them on amazon :snoop:

@daze23 and @2gunsup anyone know what big retailer would still carry this shyt? Maybe hit up Best Buy geek squad? Maybe Radioshack...I feel like I am fukked here. I want it tomorrow morning :sadcam:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
MSI doesn't include jumper caps on their motherboards and it seems like my only option right now is buying 100 of them on amazon :snoop:

@daze23 and @2gunsup anyone know what big retailer would still carry this shyt? Maybe hit up Best Buy geek squad? Maybe Radioshack...I feel like I am fukked here. I want it tomorrow morning :sadcam:
Just got to a local computer store or try radio shack. You might not even need to pay for em.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

maybe radioshack

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
sounds like it requires 4 threads tho
We'll see about that, I just look at the system requirements to some of those games with a grain of salt. Hell, Skyrim runs on a damn kabini processor (although only at about 30-40fps)

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Just got to a local computer store or try radio shack. You might not even need to pay for em.
Yeah I am calling a local computer store tomorrow morning and then hit up money laundering radioshack if I have to.