The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Yeah, I was hoping for the 900 series before I upgraded. If GTA V does the same thing for me, I guess I'll just have to take the loss, sell the 780tis and get the (hopefully) 4gb 880/880tis or 6gb cards. I really hope that's not the case though :sadcam: I thought I'd be future proof for at least a year more with these GPUs.

fukking lazy devs and their unoptimized games. :smh: I feel like we gotta have like 4x the horsepower we really need to game at ultra with these ubisoft games.

If Witcher 3 is like this :to:

Yeah that demo had me like :lupe::patrice:...pretty sure my 780's won't be able to handle it at 4k...:wow:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Yeah that demo had me like :lupe::patrice:...pretty sure my 780's won't be able to handle it at 4k...:wow:
Same here. I game at 3 monitors and it had me :lupe:

I'm fine with ps4 level graphics. You can put me at high, if I can game it at 5780x1080, but if I'm gaming at medium, I'm gonna upgrade no matter what.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Same here. I game at 3 monitors and it had me :lupe:

I'm fine with ps4 level graphics. You can put me at high, if I can game it at 5780x1080, but if I'm gaming at medium, I'm gonna upgrade no matter what.

Nah Breh I got to game on Ultra or nothing...I game on PC for 2 reasons...mod's and graphics...

at worst I could however drop the resolution to 2k and giving up those pixels might allow me to squeeze some ultra settings out of the Witcher 3...

Right :lupe::to::sadbron:

Daps
i'm about to graduate and i've decided that once i'm done paying off my debts to the govt and i'm set up okay i'm going to treat myself by building a monster rig. so what requirements are minimum these days when it comes to gaming / photoshop / scientific work? i've been okay with 4GB ram for years, but i've seen folks with 16GB RAM and that shyt had me like :dwillhuh:

also how much is that shyt going to run me approximately. once i have enough cash i'm comfortable dropping a couple of stacks. growing up i always used to have shytty computers so i'm okay with splurging this one time.

i'm finna join the master race brehs

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Nah Breh I got to game on Ultra or nothing...I game on PC for 2 reasons...mod's and graphics...

at worst I could however drop the resolution to 2k and giving up those pixels might allow me to squeeze some ultra settings out of the Witcher 3...

Right :lupe::to::sadbron:
I want to feel the same way with all ultra everything, but with these cards right now 4k/3k is not looking good with these unoptimized ubi games. And of course AA kills us at these high resolutions. You don't really need AA with 4K at all, but I like some AA with my 3 monitor setup. FXAA/TXAA is fine with me though. I really just care about a minimum high on 3 monitors. 3 monitors is key for me. I just can't go back to one monitor. Once you go ultra wide you can't go back. I'm sure the same can be said for 4K. I got a 1440p monitor as well, but I prefer the 3 monitor setup. shyt is so :ohlawd: I've been tinkering with 4K for a while now, put I'm waiting on better panels at a cheaper price.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
i'm about to graduate and i've decided that once i'm done paying off my debts to the govt and i'm set up okay i'm going to treat myself by building a monster rig. so what requirements are minimum these days when it comes to gaming / photoshop / scientific work? i've been okay with 4GB ram for years, but i've seen folks with 16GB RAM and that shyt had me like :dwillhuh:

also how much is that shyt going to run me approximately. once i have enough cash i'm comfortable dropping a couple of stacks. growing up i always used to have shytty computers so i'm okay with splurging this one time.

i'm finna join the master race brehs
at $3K you can have a monster rig. I spent a little more than that and got a 4820k, good asus mobo, 16gb ram, and 2 780tis, 500gb ssd, etc.. You can game in 3 monitors or in 4K with that. But we'll see if that's still the case with these next gen games (see the convo above).

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
man, these other games are so lightweight after playing that 2033 Redux. the Metro games just pour on the atmosphere

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
man, these other games are so lightweight after playing that 2033 Redux. the Metro games just pour on the atmosphere
They really do. I was playing a little more last night and I was impressed. Seems like 2033 is more horror based too, with all those shadow things.

Daps
at $3K you can have a monster rig. I spent a little more than that and got a 4820k, good asus mobo, 16gb ram, and 2 780tis, 500gb ssd, etc.. You can game in 3 monitors or in 4K with that. But we'll see if that's still the case with these next gen games (see the convo above).

How critical are SSDs to modern gaming? I know they are unbelievably fast, but I mean it's just a hard drive right? I bet you could've copped a 3TB regular HD for the amount of money you dropped for that SSD.

Do PS4 & XBONE use SSDs?

3 stacks is reasonable I think, but I have to start planning on how I'm going to clear my debts and save up. Whatever happens I know that I'm going to build a BOMB PC. That's been a life goal of mine since time.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
How critical are SSDs to modern gaming? I know they are unbelievably fast, but I mean it's just a hard drive right? I bet you could've copped a 3TB regular HD for the amount of money you dropped for that SSD.

Do PS4 & XBONE use SSDs?

3 stacks is reasonable I think, but I have to start planning on how I'm going to clear my debts and save up. Whatever happens I know that I'm going to build a BOMB PC. That's been a life goal of mine since time.
SSDs are so fast. You need one at least for your boot drive. I use my 4tb hdd for gaming though. You don't really need an ssd for gaming, but you really do need one for everything else. They are so unbelievably fast with the bootup and loading of programs. You can get 500gb for like $250. Running a monster rig on just a hdd is kinda blasphemy. You'll want at least 256gb ssd (I think you can get one for like $125)

But no, the ps4 and xb1 don't use ssds

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
They really do. I was playing a little more last night and I was impressed. Seems like 2033 is more horror based too, with all those shadow things.
it's definitely a 'creepy' game. it all comes together with the setting and the graphics to make you feel like you really are in these dark, dank, haunted tunnels

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

Do PS4 & XBONE use SSDs?

that was kinda how I felt about SSD's... until I tried it. it is just a faster HDD, but it improves your experience immensely. it actually does help with performance in some open-world games, plus it will cut load times in all games. after experiencing that SSD life, I could never go back. if you're spending 3 stacks on a PC, it needs to have an SSD in it

Daps
that was kinda how I felt about SSD's... until I tried it. it is just a faster HDD, but it improves your experience immensely. it actually does help with performance in some open-world games, plus it will cut load times in all games. after experiencing that SSD life, I could never go back. if you're spending 3 stacks on a PC, it needs to have an SSD in it

:dwillhuh:damn, i'm definitely going to jump on the SSD wave then.