The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
Lol, I copped that i5 4670.

Then I see it on sale at amazon like wtf?

I'm trying to create a build where I don't have to upgrade for a while.

I'm waiting to see what my on board gfx look like b4 I copped that geforce 760 extreme.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
might as well get an i7. some games already are recommending as much. for example Watch Dogs did. its already beginning.

no offense bruh, but I dont think you should be able to give advice in this thread :yeshrug: just comment on whats already being spoken about :yeshrug: not even tryna be mean but some of the shyt you be saying just aint right...

what games are recommending as much?? Theres a new i3 out right now that can play any game on max settings let alone i5s... People recommended i7 before because it was quad core + hyper threading. But now the i5s and i3s offer hyper threading as well..

before you even comment back, keep in mind, im big advocate of i7s and the i7-3770k is by far my favorite processor ive ever owned.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
no offense bruh, but I dont think you should be able to give advice in this thread :yeshrug: just comment on whats already being spoken about :yeshrug: not even tryna be mean but some of the shyt you be saying just aint right...

what games are recommending as much?? Theres a new i3 out right now that can play any game on max settings let alone i5s... People recommended i7 before because it was quad core + hyper threading. But now the i5s and i3s offer hyper threading as well..

before you even comment back, keep in mind, im big advocate of i7s and the i7-3770k is by far my favorite processor ive ever owned.
I listed a game that the company recommends an i7 for Wolfenstein The New Order is another one. As for Intel offering hyperthreading on processors below an i7, that defeats a major selling point of the i7. doesn't sound like something they'd do.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I listed a game that the company recommends an i7 for Wolfenstein The New Order is another one. As for Intel offering hyperthreading on processors below an i7, that defeats a major selling point of the i7. doesn't sound like something they'd do.
none of these games that 'recommend' an i7 have really shown that they actually need it though

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
none of these games that 'recommend' an i7 have really shown that they actually need it though
well i got my 4770K at Microcenter when it was on sale like the guy I quoted did with his processor. Mine was $200 last year when I got it. If you're buying from Microcenter why not get the i7?

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
well i got my 4770K at Microcenter when it was on sale like the guy I quoted did with his processor. Mine was $200 last year when I got it. If you're buying from Microcenter why not get the i7?
because everything, including the i5, is gonna be cheaper at microcenter

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I think directx 12 might make i7s more useful for gaming though, right? It'll use the cores more efficiently.

And there's always the crytek games, which take advantage of the i7 and its virtual cores

Last edited:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I thought this was @itsyoung!! :russ:

he took it a step further and even put GOAT under the GOAT :ohhh:

Thats awesome that you think that they wouldnt do something like that, but you can already purchase the new i3's etc with hyper threading and they are killing games..

Also You can play wolfenstein on max settings with an i5 no problem.. You just think throwing money at your computer is a way to fix everything, it just doesnt work like that..

If games really required i7's to play them what would people with AMD cpu's do, :patrice:

yeah what @winb83 is saying is basically if you dont got a i7-3770k+ processor then you cant even play games at good settings :wtf:
I think directx 12 might make i7s more useful for gaming though, right? It'll use the cores more efficiently.

And there's always the crytek games, which take advantage of the i7 and its virtual cores

theyve been saying they will utilize more cores for years, but Quad Cores are still killing the game..

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
he took it a step further and even put GOAT under the GOAT :ohhh:

Thats awesome that you think that they wouldnt do something like that, but you can already purchase the new i3's etc with hyper threading and they are killing games..

Also You can play wolfenstein on max settings with an i5 no problem.. You just think throwing money at your computer is a way to fix everything, it just doesnt work like that..

yeah what @winb83 is saying is basically if you dont got a i7-3770k+ processor then you cant even play games at good settings :wtf:

theyve been saying they will utilize more cores for years, but Quad Cores are still killing the game..
I really thought this was @GoldenGlove and just kept it at that. This is killing me lol