The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I listed a game that the company recommends an i7 for Wolfenstein The New Order is another one. As for Intel offering hyperthreading on processors below an i7, that defeats a major selling point of the i7. doesn't sound like something they'd do.
If gaming is the main focus..an i7 is not really a necessity....an i5 overclocked even a little bit offers damn near equal performance if not identical..

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Not the I5 to I7 debate again...

There are only a hand full of games that can even remotely push an I5 and one of them is Skyrim with mods, which, with enough mods, will push almost anything...

Come on, you really going to spend a ton of money on an I7, then play games that don't use 10% of it...and probably 80% of games won't use 10% of it...

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area

There are only a hand full of games that can even remotely push an I5 and one of them is Skyrim with mods, which, with enough mods, will push almost anything...

Come on, you really going to spend a ton of money on an I7, then play games that don't use 10% of it...and probably 80% of games won't use 10% of it...

its only 1 person on here saying it.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
GTA ViIV mod...da gawd is back...:banderas:

34iregw.jpg

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

$80 more is a ton of money? A 6 core 4930K is a ton of money.
he took it a step further and even put GOAT under the GOAT :ohhh:

Thats awesome that you think that they wouldnt do something like that, but you can already purchase the new i3's etc with hyper threading and they are killing games..

Also You can play wolfenstein on max settings with an i5 no problem.. You just think throwing money at your computer is a way to fix everything, it just doesnt work like that..

yeah what @winb83 is saying is basically if you dont got a i7-3770k+ processor then you cant even play games at good settings :wtf:

theyve been saying they will utilize more cores for years, but Quad Cores are still killing the game..
I just wanna play games on the highest settings with room to spare. I'm already plotting selling this GTX 780 and getting the GTX 880 when it comes out just to keep up with current tech.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps

I just wanna play games on the highest settings with room to spare. I'm already plotting selling this GTX 780 and getting the GTX 880 when it comes out just to keep up with current tech.
You must overspend like crazy

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW

When literally 9.5 out of any 10 games you play won't take advantage of what you are spending 80 more dollars for...yeah, it's a colossal waste of money...

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'd just like to state for the record: I was going to get an i5, but my (even more nerdy than me) friends drilled it into me that I absolutely needed an i7. So, I got one when it was on sale.

Now, how do I install these case fans with these rubber thingys.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I'd just like to state for the record: I was going to get an i5, but my (even more nerdy than me) friends drilled it into me that I absolutely needed an i7. So, I got one when it was on sale.

Now, how do I install these case fans with these rubber thingys.
your "nerdy friends" probably don't know WTF they are talking about. Unless you got an absolute steal and had the money to burn...an i7 over an unlocked i5 is absolutely unnecessary for PC gaming.

Now if you are going to do some video editing and other shyt like that...then yes, if not? Whatever...you already got the i7.

Case fans are generally easy to install, what case did you get?