The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
If it wasn't for the bleed issues people are reporting for the LG 34UM95 has I'd have one on my desk, :sadbron:

rlz5v5.jpg
That LG monitor looks incredible :dwillhuh:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I've been an OG 3 monitor gamer since it's inception with the 5870. 3 monitor gaming is the biggest advancement in gaming in like a decade. Nobody knows just how good it is until they try it. It's a totally new way to play games and is so immersive. The Rift may make it obsolete in the future, but we'll see.

I can't stress how good 3 monitor gaming is. It's a bit of a hassle, with changing .inis, using memory hacks, etc., but the WSGF and Hayden in particular, have drastically made it a lot easier to work with.

Too bad it costs so much, cuz you need two high-end cards to run games on high/ultra. But it's the price you pay. I think it's well worth it. It's what makes PC gaming better than console gaming in my eyes. I really hate it when I have to use one monitor, like forreal. I'll hack shyt around in old games like Baldur's Gate 2, just to get it to run in 3 monitors. Once you game in 3 monitors, you can't go back.

I'm just waiting like 2 -5 years when I can game in 3 x 1440p or 3 x 4K. shyt will be unbelieveable. But like I said Oculus may make that unnecessary. The future will be very interesting for pc gaming for sure.
I used to rock with a dual 560 Ti setup back then and never really cared enough to game on 3 monitors like that.

Considering I needed to get some work done on top of gaming my shyt would start looking like the setup Hugh Jackman had in Swordfish.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
If it wasn't for the bleed issues people are reporting for the LG 34UM95 has I'd have one on my desk, :sadbron:

rlz5v5.jpg
The aspect ratio is too large on those screens. You gotta have the periphery tilted in. It just looks weird when it's completely straight like that. Plus the way surround works with the fov, the fisheye will annoy the shyt outta you unless you have the peripheral monitors angled.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I used to rock with a dual 560 Ti setup back then and never really cared enough to game on 3 monitors like that.

Considering I needed to get some work done on top of gaming my shyt would start looking like the setup Hugh Jackman had in Swordfish.
And actually has the one up on nvidia for that shyt. You can put 6 monitors in eyefinity mode, but with surround you can only have 3 and an auxiliary monitor (which I used for all of a day...it's worthless).

That swordfish shyt is all AMD. To bad no cards can handle modern games in 5 or 6 monitors.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
And actually has the one up on nvidia for that shyt. You can put 6 monitors in eyefinity mode, but with surround you can only have 3 and an auxiliary monitor (which I used for all of a day...it's worthless).

That swordfish shyt is all AMD. To bad no cards can handle modern games in 5 or 6 monitors.
Breh, exactly how many damn pixels you want pushed to your face? :wtf:

you are out of control dude :dead:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Breh, exactly how many damn pixels you want pushed to your face? :wtf:

you are out of control dude :dead:
5 screens in portrait mode would be ideal, but it starts to look like jail bars then and no card can handle that many pixels.

3 in landscape is the perfect setup right now. I just wish they could be all 1440p.

You know me, I'll never be happy with anything. :yeshrug:

robb

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
i need a GOOD controller for pc games that dont allow me to use the key+mouse.
what are my options?
I havent used 1 since the good ole emulator days..playing Streets of Rage 2

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
5 screens in portrait mode would be ideal, but it starts to look like jail bars then and no card can handle that many pixels.

3 in landscape is the perfect setup right now. I just wish they could be all 1440p.

You know me, I'll never be happy with anything. :yeshrug:
:whoa: I think you need to get knocked down a peg.

Ship me two of your monitors and just be content with single screen gaming for a while. :youngsabo:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
i need a GOOD controller for pc games that dont allow me to use the key+mouse.
what are my options?
I havent used 1 since the good ole emulator days..playing Streets of Rage 2
The XBOX 360 controller is pretty much standard across the board these days.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I just powered through "The Wolf Among Us"

Good Game. Not as good as TWD season 1, but much better than TWD Season 2.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I didn't play much, but Evolve seems pretty dope. matchmaking and such was kinda slow and awkward, but the game itself was really fun and ran really well

NDA status, with my info plastered all over the screen, so no screenshots...

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I went to double check and somehow I had my rear case fan in reverse and it was pulling air into the case. Must have been when taking all that crap out and putting it back in. I knew something was wrong. Now a 4.2 ghz overclock is nothing. The highest temps I'm seeing are 74c. Bout to try 4.4 ghz now.