The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Windows 7 used to have a computer temp clock you could put on your desktop

I cant find it on windows 8 though :beli:

other than that HWmonitor
If it was a widget, it's gone. MS did away with all widgets That shyt pissed me off too. I loved have that third part widget that showed me my RAM, CPU, etc. all in one place with a quick glance. Now I just have Task Manager up most of the time when I'm not gaming. shyt is annoying.

But skydrive is better in win 8 and a few games get some performance gains :manny:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
If it was a widget, it's gone. MS did away with all widgets That shyt pissed me off too. I loved have that third part widget that showed me my RAM, CPU, etc. all in one place with a quick glance. Now I just have Task Manager up most of the time when I'm not gaming. shyt is annoying.

But skydrive is better in win 8 and a few games get some performance gains :manny:

i had that widget + the weather widget , first thing I notcied gone on windows 8 :beli:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
i had that widget + the weather widget , first thing I notcied gone on windows 8 :beli:
Yeah, I had the weather widget, a calendar widget and a calculator widget too (shyt I actually use a lot). I dunno why they did away with that shyt. Probably thought it wasn't "touch friendly" enough or some bullshyt.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Windows 8 is better than Windows 7 overall.

The metro interface is nice once you get used to it :yeshrug:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Windows 8 is better than Windows 7 overall.

The metro interface is nice once you get used to it :yeshrug:
Blasphemy. I boot straight into the desktop and avoid the metro interface like the plague.

Now on one of my other rigs, with a touchscreen on it, I use that interface all the time and I'm like :blessed:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
The struggle will be back, it's only a matter of time, :sas2:
Truth be told, it almost came back late last night :sadbron:, but as of right now it's fixed

I was sitting in my inbox waiting to PM you about the win 7 key and all too :pachaha:

Last edited:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Blasphemy. I boot straight into the desktop and avoid the metro interface like the plague.

Now on one of my other rigs, with a touchscreen on it, I use that interface all the time and I'm like :blessed:
I don't agree breh.

For example...instead of navigating to the control panel or something on the classic desktop you can just start tying and the control panel will pop up and just click immediately.

It's convenient :yeshrug:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I don't agree breh.

For example...instead of navigating to the control panel or something on the classic desktop you can just start tying and the control panel will pop up and just click immediately.

It's convenient :yeshrug:
:ehh: I do have to admit that the search is convenient and pretty impressive if you think about how fast it really is. I don't use it as much as I should. I have like 20 programs pinned to my task bar (including the control panel and task manager, amongst others). I probably go outside of desktop mode like 1% of the time, and that's only to open up some obscure program. The taskbar has been treating me well.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
:ehh: I do have to admit that the search is convenient and pretty impressive if you think about how fast it really is. I don't use it as much as I should. I have like 20 programs pinned to my task bar (including the control panel and task manager, amongst others). I probably go outside of desktop mode like 1% of the time, and that's only to open up some obscure program. The taskbar has been treating me well.
@Ciggavelli's desktop

1259656.gif

:huhldup:

across 3 screens :silvugh:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
@Ciggavelli's desktop

1259656.gif

:huhldup:

across 3 screens :silvugh:
:dead:

I keep a clean desktop. only the left monitor gets used with a nice straight line. I put the Recycling Bin on the right screen to keep the monitor on, because windows 8.1 is too aggressive with it's power saving options and is too stupid to realize I want to have all 3 monitors on at all times, even if no content is on screen :dead:

Nvidia surround is definitely better in Win7. But those little things like skydrive and performance increases in some games make me stay with win 8.1. Now, if I have to do a fresh install or the next nvidia driver makes my system go crazy again and I can't use my work around, it's straight back to win7