The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Sabrent NVMEs are on sale on Amazon. Was originally going to get a pair of Samsung's but decided to jump on this.

Still need:
  • Fans
  • CPU
  • AIO
  • GPU
  • MOBO
  • PSU
  • RAM
That's a longer list than I thought :mjcry:.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Sabrent NVMEs are on sale on Amazon. Was originally going to get a pair of Samsung's but decided to jump on this.

Still need:
  • Fans
  • CPU
  • AIO
  • GPU
  • MOBO
  • PSU
  • RAM
That's a longer list than I thought :mjcry:.

Can you post a link to the Amazon sale?

I'm still way for the Samsung NVME prices to go down. That's the only reason I'm not finished with my build.

What case did you get?

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Code:
https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-Rocket-Internal-Performance-SB-ROCKET-1TB/dp/B07LGF54XR?th=1&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-Internal-Extreme-Performance-SB-ROCKET-NVMe4-1TB/dp/B07TLYWMYW
I bought 2 of the second. Case is the Lian Li OC-11 XL. Paid 205 for it on Amazon, the thing rarely seems to be in stock.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
I think I’ve decided to buy a 3080 instead of a 3090, just don’t think the 3090 is worth it when I’m not even doing 4k gaming. My monitor is 1440p

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
System Builder

So a friend of mine recommended this build for me and I’m curious to see your thoughts. I haven’t played pc since the 90’s :flabbynsick: and I feel like if I don’t scratch the itch to pc game before I get the 5 or X I never will. I mostly play games like Witcher, fallout, siege, battlefield and a few others. Do you think this build is overkill.. not enough? Seriously, I have no clue what a good build should cost. All I want is a gaming experience that’s better than console that won’t be obsolete in a few years. I’m confused by the cost of this vs videos I’ve seen online with titles like “$800 gaming build”, “$500 console killer” or “Insane gaming pc” but it cost $2k. Why is this so much more expensive? What’s the sweet spot for pc gaming? Thoughts?

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think I’ve decided to buy a 3080 instead of a 3090, just don’t think the 3090 is worth it when I’m not even doing 4k gaming. My monitor is 1440p

If you not doing 4k, I’ll straight up advise don’t buy it :russ: by the time you have a use for a 3090 there’s a good chance the 3080ti or maybe even the 4080 will be coming out giving the same performance for cheaper. I use 2080ti for 1440p and 4k and performance is already amazing at 1440. 3080 gonna get 1440/144 frames

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
System Builder

So a friend of mine recommended this build for me and I’m curious to see your thoughts. I haven’t played pc since the 90’s :flabbynsick: and I feel like if I don’t scratch the itch to pc game before I get the 5 or X I never will. I mostly play games like Witcher, fallout, siege, battlefield and a few others. Do you think this build is overkill.. not enough? Seriously, I have no clue what a good build should cost. All I want is a gaming experience that’s better than console that won’t be obsolete in a few years. I’m confused by the cost of this vs videos I’ve seen online with titles like “$800 gaming build”, “$500 console killer” or “Insane gaming pc” but it cost $2k. Why is this so much more expensive? What’s the sweet spot for pc gaming? Thoughts?
You probably don’t even need 750W but that’s probably the high end of what you want. I would hold off on CPU until next month. AMD (intel’s competitor) is showing off their new CPU and GPU. Their CPUs have been really getting at Intel lately, and they are a lot more friendly to upgrade. Their chip sockets for the CPUs tend to last longer. Also, idk how much you kept up with 3080 stock, but you gonna either be camping out online or potentially waiting a cool minute. That’s what I’m upgrading to when stock is readily available, but it’s looking spooky.

All in all you will probably get a better cheaper computer by waiting a few wks+, and you’re definitely not gonna have a good time hunting down that 3080

Also, make sure you or your homeboy are comfortable with liquid cooling and overclocking because that requires a little bit of maintenance.

All my opinion tho take it with a grain of salt

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
If you not doing 4k, I’ll straight up advise don’t buy it :russ: by the time you have a use for a 3090 there’s a good chance the 3080ti or maybe even the 4080 will be coming out giving the same performance for cheaper. I use 2080ti for 1440p and 4k and performance is already amazing at 1440. 3080 gonna get 1440/144 frames
That’s basically what my friends said as well. Good looking out breh :salute: