The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
I haven’t been AMD since the 290, but I’m never a side-picker :russ: 290 was the best mainstream out when I built so that’s where I went. If they finally competing at the high end, I can easily see my next combo being all red, because I’m pretty sure my next CPU is Zen :ehh:
I'm on my 2nd build, both my cards have *been amd and completely issue free. even with my first processor being Intel. if it ain't broke...

Last edited:

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm on my 2nd build, both my cards have amd and completely issue free. even with my first processor being Intel. if it ain't broke...

Intel's head got too big, they started wilding tf out until Zen 1 smacked em back down to reality :mjlol: that's exactly what I'm hoping Big Navi does to the green team :mjlit:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
3090 benches leaked. Supposedly only 10% faster than 80 :huhldup: sounds like a Titan alright. That extra VRAM now gonna do much on the gaming end. I’m just gonna wait on Big Navi and make the final decision then :hubie: I’ll live with HDMI 2 for now.

When bots buy up all the AMD stock I’ll know it’s just clout chasing :mjlol: nikkas haven’t even given red team a look in years
They said it’s 20% faster than the 3080. Here’s an estimate/educated guess of real world results.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They said it’s 20% faster than the 3080. Here’s an estimate/educated guess of real world results.

It’s all speculative, and extrapolating numbers so I’m sure reality will fall somewhere in the middle. I’m just gonna wait until all the chips are on the table tho,I wouldn’t be surprised at all if it’s still cooked next wk anyway, even if it’s 10% at that price point :mjlol:

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think the bigger hurdle AMD has to clear with BN are the newer software offerings NV is rapidly putting out :wow: no way I’m missing out on that content :banderas: some of it is just making things you can manually do simpler, but that’s the point :pachaha:

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Canceled my CX order just in time :whew: it was gonna ship any moment. Not fukkin with a new TV until this gets fixed. I need the features to work flawlessly with 3080 AND PS5, or at least close enough. I'm sure this should be settled before November tho. That LG partnership is too big a deal and NV looking real bad rn

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
Anybody got a recommendation for a motherboard with at least 2 or 3 thunderbolt 3 ports? I regularly dump 256gb cfast cards and transfer terabytes of footage between hard drives, them usb 3.1 speeds don't cut it :scust: Fortunately the particular footage that I typically work with (braw) is a low enough bitrate that it plays back at full speed even at usb 3.1 speeds, making drive backups is slow af though.