The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Finally copped an HDMI switch, and a lot of minor sound issues I just dealt with for a couple yrs immediately went away :ohhh: I thought my receiver was fukked up. Also copped 2.1 cables for all the devices hooked up. Gonna move the switch up to 2.1 when one is available. eARC on the CX should keep everything copacetic as I upgrade the PS4 then the 2080ti, or whichever comes first :russ: just plug into the hdmi switcher instead of going behind the receiver. Final step will be upgrading receiver and copping all Atmos speakers

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Buy all the parts, hire someone local. You can find someone who will do it for 100 or 200. Just make sure you are there when they are doing it
I thought about doing this.

I've built PCs before (3 of them), but it's been almost 10 years since my last build. I have a few things going on with no end in sight so I don't know if I feel like taking the time re-learn everything.

Anyone else buy parts and then take it somewhere else to get it built?

Last edited:

Negro Caesar

Superstar
Daps
I thought about doing this.

I've built PCs before (3 of them), but it's been almost 10 years since my last build. I have a few things going on with end in sight so I don't know o feel like taking the time re-learn everything.

Anyone else buy parts and then take it somewhere else to get it built?
If u have a micro center near u they build them for $150 I think

if you buy a prebuilt off nzxt, u can pick the parts you want , they will build for $100 and it all comes with 2 year warranty

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
If u have a micro center near u they build them for $150 I think

if you buy a prebuilt off nzxt, u can pick the parts you want , they will build for $100 and it all comes with 2 year warranty
Okay. I already bought some of the part earlier this year but stoped to buy stocks when the market crashed since they were cheap. I just need to get the drives and a case.

The nearest microcenter is about 25 minutes away.

Looking back I should have bought a prebuilt where I can pick out the parts.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Work keeps kicking us off the work servers this week, so I finally said fukk it and made a Udemy. I took a VBA course in college, and I started a free course on Python some yrs back, but I'm gonna really give Java a shot. I think if I put in the effort I should be able to get it down pretty well. Then I'm gonna try to learn new languages.

Hoping to get through this course over the next month or so

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Finally copped an HDMI switch, and a lot of minor sound issues I just dealt with for a couple yrs immediately went away :ohhh: I thought my receiver was fukked up. Also copped 2.1 cables for all the devices hooked up. Gonna move the switch up to 2.1 when one is available. eARC on the CX should keep everything copacetic as I upgrade the PS4 then the 2080ti, or whichever comes first :russ: just plug into the hdmi switcher instead of going behind the receiver. Final step will be upgrading receiver and copping all Atmos speakers
Did you buy a switch capable of 2.1 :jbhmm:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah. It’s the TUF card, that shyt supposed to come in at $699.99

how the fukk you gonna tell me, it literally says 10GAMING and you can look it up bu the SKU, it doesn't say TUF because its not the TUF lmao

Price none of the other cards on the site are that much higher, they only a hundred dollars higher than the MSRP, which is about it
Mfg.Part: ROG-STRIX-RTX3080-O10G-GAMING | CDW Part: 6254930

If it was the tuf it would say TUF
ASUS GEFORCE RTX 3080 GDDR6 10GB - ROG-STRIX-RTX3080-O10G-GAMING - Graphics Cards - CDW.com
plus the mark up would be around 800 dollars not 900

Last edited:

BadBoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I need a link for parts for a build gaming only $1200 not big if possible my nephew said he’s not tryna scare the ladies away when they come over

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
how the fukk you gonna tell me, it literally says 10GAMING and you can look it up bu the SKU, it doesn't say TUF because its not the TUF lmao

Price none of the other cards on the site are that much higher, they only a hundred dollars higher than the MSRP, which is about it
Mfg.Part: ROG-STRIX-RTX3080-O10G-GAMING | CDW Part: 6254930

If it was the tuf it would say TUF
ASUS GEFORCE RTX 3080 GDDR6 10GB - ROG-STRIX-RTX3080-O10G-GAMING - Graphics Cards - CDW.com
plus the mark up would be around 800 dollars not 900
Fam. Calm the fukk down. I saw that the TUF cards say the same shyt as far as the 10G Gaming shyt so that’s why I assumed it was that one.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fam. Calm the fukk down. I saw that the TUF cards say the same shyt as far as the 10G Gaming shyt so that’s why I assumed it was that one.

I am calm I just saying how the fukk you gonna tell me about some shyt I just brought lmao
that's what I was saying, he posted the link, that ASUS doesn't say which one it is when you search 3080 on the site, there is two ASUS 3080 10GS both for 900
you have to click on each one to see which on is strix, but they both are the same price, but meaning they are probably the same, but I called them and asked and they said they don't know and just told me to go with the number that said the said strix which I did