The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
How is it water cooling a PC? I've been PC gaming for years, but I've never done it before.

How's the maintenance with it? I don't want to do a lot of work.
It’s a lot of work setting up, especially hard tubing, but you’ll feel a sense of accomplishment when you finish it up. Also, if you are used to your gpu sounding like an industrial fan, having everything liquid cooled will be a nice upgrade in sound level. Also, you can oc more easily. Full disclosure, you are definitely going to have to pay for the privilege. Not much maintenance after everything is set up correctly.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Can anybody hip me to the best internal hard drive for a desktop PC. I've got an ASUS that took a dump on me about a month ago. Trying to stay under $150, or should I wait until BLACK FRIDAY?
Seems like everything is still overpriced. It has been since Covid.

I shouldn't have bought any of my parts earlier this year. I might wait until black Friday myself until I buy my drives and case. That's all I have left to get to finish my build.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
It’s a lot of work setting up, especially hard tubing, but you’ll feel a sense of accomplishment when you finish it up. Also, if you are used to your gpu sounding like an industrial fan, having everything liquid cooled will be a nice upgrade in sound level. Also, you can oc more easily. Full disclosure, you are definitely going to have to pay for the privilege. Not much maintenance after everything is set up correctly.
What’s good brodie? U lookin at the 3080 or 3090?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
3090 is still atleast $500 bucks more than that. So it’s not that simple bro. $500 bucks less for only 5gb’s less VRAM is a great deal actually. The 3090 might end up making less sense.

Only if you are using it for non gaming purposes vram doesn’t make the card perform better
And games don’t use a lot of it the usage is just allocation so it can be used as needed

and if you use more vram than the card it draws of the system ram which is why 16gb ram is the standard for a gaming pc so you never have issues

the ram on the 3090 is for computer processing the extra CUDA cores and faster memory is why it will perform better and het higher frames in 4K you won’t see a performance boost from 20gb 3080 unless the third party card is just more powerful in general to the founders

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
What's the best VR headset out there? Specifically for sim racing.

Theolodius_Black

Whoopin suckas with a bag of oranges
Daps
Reppin
Brookhaven,MS to Tallyho, FL
How is it water cooling a PC? I've been PC gaming for years, but I've never done it before.

How's the maintenance with it? I don't want to do a lot of work.
I built my first loop last year with soft tubing just to get the hang of it. It was fun honestly. I gotta flush it next month and clean everything out(it's recommended you do so yearly) but part of the appeal was that I like to do the extra work. The only thing that was difficult was wiring all my rgb shyt but other than that, it wasn't so bad. I imagine hard tubing is more difficult, which I'll probably give that a try down the road. But yea, if you just go slowly, pick components that make the most sense for your case and space management, and I promise you'll have fun with the shyt.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
3090 benches leaked. Supposedly only 10% faster than 80 :huhldup: sounds like a Titan alright. That extra VRAM now gonna do much on the gaming end. I’m just gonna wait on Big Navi and make the final decision then :hubie: I’ll live with HDMI 2 for now.

When bots buy up all the AMD stock I’ll know it’s just clout chasing :mjlol: nikkas haven’t even given red team a look in years

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
3090 benches leaked. Supposedly only 10% faster than 80 :huhldup: sounds like a Titan alright. That extra VRAM now gonna do much on the gaming end. I’m just gonna wait on Big Navi and make the final decision then :hubie: I’ll live with HDMI 2 for now.

When bots buy up all the AMD stock I’ll know it’s just clout chasing :mjlol: nikkas haven’t even given red team a look in years
I'm also waiting on big Navi. hope it drops while my 5700 still has some value

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm also waiting on big Navi. hope it drops while my 5700 still has some value

I haven’t been AMD since the 290, but I’m never a side-picker :russ: 290 was the best mainstream out when I built so that’s where I went. If they finally competing at the high end *again, I can easily see my next combo being all red, because I’m pretty sure my next CPU is Zen :ehh:

Last edited: