The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
The 3070 is only worth it if you upgrade every or every other generation.
as you should be. thus the reason it should be cheap plus you can resell. its just economically more intelligent. if youre going with the 3080, you better be keeping that card for the next 5 years or youre wasting your time and money.

as for 3090, from what optimum tech says, it will not be fitting in most itx cases but who knows what third parties will have. but again, that shyt is just overkill for now. like i said earlier, im not falling for that again, im getting a well equipped 3070 and we'll see what they come up with next summer, or the summer after. if i feel i need to upgrade...i will, but chances are, this is more than enough ffs its better than a 2080ti lol. and that shyt is a fukking tank right now as we speak lol. for just $499 hahahahahaha

• Dap
Reactions: MMA

MMA

Superstar
Daps
as you should be. thus the reason it should be cheap plus you can resell. its just economically more intelligent. if youre going with the 3080, you better be keeping that card for the next 5 years or youre wasting your time and money.

as for 3090, from what optimum tech says, it will not be fitting in most itx cases but who knows what third parties will have. but again, that shyt is just overkill for now. like i said earlier, im not falling for that again, im getting a well equipped 3070 and we'll see what they come up with next summer, or the summer after. if i feel i need to upgrade...i will, but chances are, this is more than enough ffs its better than a 2080ti lol. and that shyt is a fukking tank right now as we speak lol. for just $499 hahahahahaha
Its a 40% improvement for 200 dollars. The 3080 is the modern day 1080 ti again. The 3070 is what amd did with the Radeon vii to the 5700xt.
The 2070 to 2080ti was double the cost at 600 for 30-35 percent performance?
3070 has gddr6 while the 3080 has 6x.

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
Its a 40% improvement for 200 dollars. The 3080 is the modern day 1080 ti again. The 3070 is what amd did with the Radeon vii to the 5700xt.
The 2070 to 2080ti was double the cost at 600 for 30-35 percent performance?
3070 has gddr6 while the 3080 has 6x.
3070 is gddr6? i thought it was 8? then how the hell is it out performing the 2080ti? aw man. these nikkas gotta take an L for buying that shyt. fukk. hahahahaha

they may come with a 3070 S for super cheap and less gap than 40% and just 50 dollars. again, ive learned to just sit and wait. a reactionary buyer never goes well with nvidia.

• Dap
Reactions: MMA

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
My 12 year old daughter just asked me about getting a gaming pc. Can i get something halfway decent for around $700? I know absolutely nothing about pc's or gaming on them

What are the thoughts on this one? I could build one, but I'm thinking I'd rather just go the prebuilt route since I can get a warranty with it
Skytech Chronos Gaming PC Desktop

She has an imac in her room. I'm hoping to find something that will be compatible with it as a pc monitor too.

This is the list of games she's interested in running on it
Among Us
Overwatch
CSGO
Valorant
Minecraft
Roblox
Fall Guys
FNAF

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
My 12 year old daughter just asked me about getting a gaming pc. Can i get something halfway decent for around $700? I know absolutely nothing about pc's or gaming on them

What are the thoughts on this one? I could build one, but I'm thinking I'd rather just go the prebuilt route since I can get a warranty with it
Skytech Chronos Gaming PC Desktop

She has an imac in her room. I'm hoping to find something that will be compatible with it as a pc monitor too.

This is the list of games she's interested in running on it
Among Us
Overwatch
CSGO
Valorant
Minecraft
Roblox
Fall Guys
FNAF

Are you comfortable putting one together yourself?

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Are you comfortable putting one together yourself?

Yeah, I'm not opposed to it, but I do like the idea of just being able to take it out the box and have it up and running ten minutes later. My daughter isn't worried about the latest and greatest graphics or fps, so learning the ins and outs of things isn't really much of a priority for me. If the benefits are there for building it, I'm fine with the idea, but right now the pros of a pre-built rig is weighing the decision currently

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Yeah, I'm not opposed to it, but I do like the idea of just being able to take it out the box and have it up and running ten minutes later. My daughter isn't worried about the latest and greatest graphics or fps, so learning the ins and outs of things isn't really much of a priority for me. If the benefits are there for building it, I'm fine with the idea, but right now the pros of a pre-built rig is weighing the decision currently

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
If you have Microcenter close by look into their PowerSpec prebuilts.

And even though she doesn't need latest graphics wait a couple of months for 3000 series so then the RTX 2000s end up in under $1000 builds instead of 1660s.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Copped a WiFi 6 router this wkend and passed through the U-Verse one.
Won’t feel bad hooking up the PS4 in the bedroom now, wireless speeds and reliability are so much better

I wish I got a tri-band now tho to future proof more

Last edited: