The PC Thread - Tips, Benchmarks, Specs, Laptops, Custom Desktops, Pre-Builds and more.

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
7kenoswa0sk51.png

BadBoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ngl that 3090 has been more and more tempting :patrice: still going for the 3080 but missing out wouldn't be such a bad thing if this is the consolation
You got the screen to see this stuff tho cus if not it wouldn’t be any reason to

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
Since we now know the specs and the price of the 3070, 3080 and 3090, AMD needs to reveal the cards for RDNA2 just to see how truly they say the are.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You got the screen to see this stuff tho cus if not it wouldn’t be any reason to

I will when the screen is there :mjlit: in the meantime the high 4k performance would suffice. I'm copping a CX this wkend, so the high frames with G-sync and HDR is more than enough in the meantime

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
Not gonna lie, the specs and price for both the 3070 and 3080 is worth getting.

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
I have a "gaming PC" that I don't know what I should do with.

Specs

Ryzen 2600

570 MSI 8 gig

corsair 550 watt PS

16 gig DDR4 2666 memory

Deepcool cooler

NZXT H200i Mini

Asrock b450 Gaming Mini-ITX board

Basically it's too slow for alot of heavier games, also I dislike the MINI-ITX as it's too hard to work on, space is too cramped. Also the bluetooth in the board isn't good, I hear static in it. I know the memory is too slow for Rzyen which is probably why it performs petty bad.

I can play some games like GTA5 that's not too heavy but games like Gears 5 freezes constantly. I was wondering if I should cut my loses and sell everything or what.

The thing is I don't play PC games too often so I was considering just selling it and getting a basic work desktop for productivity.

I do IT so I uses programs like GNS3 regularly of course I don't need much for such basic use.

But if I keep gaming, I would consider keeping the 2600 and PS and selling the rest. I don't know if this is worth it, if I keep I need new memory and a faster GPU and probably a CPU that's a bit faster in single core performance.

I'm kinda lost here, I also have a old y700 with the 980 and that also can play older games just fine.

What would make the best sense and cheapest path?

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
I have a "gaming PC" that I don't know what I should do with.

Specs

Ryzen 2600

570 MSI 8 gig

corsair 550 watt PS

16 gig DDR4 2666 memory

Deepcool cooler

NZXT H200i Mini

Asrock b450 Gaming Mini-ITX board

Basically it's too slow for alot of heavier games, also I dislike the MINI-ITX as it's too hard to work on, space is too cramped. Also the bluetooth in the board isn't good, I hear static in it. I know the memory is too slow for Rzyen which is probably why it performs petty bad.

I can play some games like GTA5 that's not too heavy but games like Gears 5 freezes constantly. I was wondering if I should cut my loses and sell everything or what.

The thing is I don't play PC games too often so I was considering just selling it and getting a basic work desktop for productivity.

I do IT so I uses programs like GNS3 regularly of course I don't need much for such basic use.

But if I keep gaming, I would consider keeping the 2600 and PS and selling the rest. I don't know if this is worth it, if I keep I need new memory and a faster GPU and probably a CPU that's a bit faster in single core performance.

I'm kinda lost here, I also have a old y700 with the 980 and that also can play older games just fine.

What would make the best sense and cheapest path?
dude wtf your specs look good.

just change out your processor to an i9-10920
and a rtx 2070 and you should be good.
shyt, nikka if you dont know what to do with it. ill buy this rig off you ......

if you have questions about itx builds just look at this channel. dude is the best for itx small builds. and how to upgrade https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRYOj4DmyxhBVrdvbsUwmAA

ill be following him very closely how he puts that huge 3090 into an itx.

Scott Larock

Daps
Reppin
Hell
dude wtf your specs look good.

just change out your processor to an i9-10920
and a rtx 2070 and you should be good.
shyt, nikka if you dont know what to do with it. ill buy this rig off you ......

You in America? PM Me...

It's AMD so no I7 and that 2070x might not fit in a Mini-ITX case hence why I was debating selling it.

I was about to jump on this for 600

New Dell G5 Gaming Desktop

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
You in America? PM Me...

It's AMD so no I7 and that 2070x might not fit in a Mini-ITX case hence why I was debating selling it.

I was about to jump on this for 600

New Dell G5 Gaming Desktop
see edit. 2070 will fit.......

not in america. i live in asia.

and you do know you can literally just pull out your processor and add an i7 or i9 right?

edit: the pc you just posted is not only trash its worse than what you have wtf.

Scott Larock

Daps
Reppin
Hell
see edit. 2070 will fit.......

not in america. i live in asia.

and you do know you can literally just pull out your processor and add an i7 or i9 right?

I can put a Intel on a AMD board? I'll look into that bro...

If you want the pc and can deal with that crazy shipping let me know.