The Pathless PS5’s very own BOTW? Reviews out

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
People also ignore the worst parts of the game.

Combat is terrible and weapon durability is annoying, made me skip combat entirely unless it was neccessary.

The shrines were also a bad replacement for traditional dungeons.

It was the prototype for the best zelda game ever made, but not quite it.

I can always agree with the lack of dungeons, but the shrines did present multiple ways for people to learn new mechanics in the game even more with different and unique inputs/set ups. If there was a particular way you wanted to progress there was nothing stopping you at all. And the combat hate I still don't get when people are out here going stupid with it.

someone in a vid did mention there should be things in the game that get the player to learn special moves that tie into the game giving the player a reason to use the learnt move like in the old games like Wind Waker and TP. Which is understandable since not everyone is gonna watch a youtube vid on how to do crazy shyt in the game like some.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
And the combat hate I still don't get when people are out here going stupid with it.
Because aside from the physics gimmicks the combat is shallow and annoying. Parry attacks are completely useless and fury attacks leads to broken weapons with no extra damage benefit, especially on master mode.

I shouldn't have 4 different weapons break while fighting a single enemy.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Because aside from the physics gimmicks the combat is shallow and annoying. Parry attacks are completely useless and fury attacks leads to broken weapons with no extra damage benefit, especially on master mode.

I shouldn't have 4 different weapons break while fighting a single enemy.

dude in the video the dude a good bit of parry methods. And furry attacks will lead to broken weapons if that's what you're doing the whole fight. And I highly doubt you're losing 4 weapons on a single enemy unless it's just randomly going in and fighting a silver or golden enemy or giant.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
These nikkas have non-existent attention spans. If they ain’t shooting something within 2 seconds they bored and the game is trash
Fam this is a gross generalization let’s get it straight here. I been fukkin with Zelda since NES and Link to The Past is one of my fav games of all time. shyt I’m always on here even advocating for Wind Waker. BOTW ain’t even a Zelda game to me. Lol

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
dude in the video the dude a good bit of parry methods
What I mean is there is no benefit to parrying anything other than guardian lasers.

You dont get a damage boost and the risk of mistiming your parry isnt worth the reward.

And yes if you play on master mode, you will break multiple weapons against a single enemy. Also on master mode, flurry attacks do less damage and break weapons faster than if you just regularly attacked.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
What I mean is there is no benefit to parrying anything other than guardian lasers.

You dont get a damage boost and the risk of mistiming your parry isnt worth the reward.

And yes if you play on master mode, you will break multiple weapons against a single enemy. Also on master mode, flurry attacks do less damage and break weapons faster than if you just regularly attacked.

yes I understand they can break fast through furry attacks, which is why I posted that vid dealing effective damage to sliver and gold which I'm pretty sure is only in master mode.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
yes I understand they can break fast through furry attacks, which is why I posted that vid dealing effective damage to sliver and gold which I'm pretty sure is only in master mode.
That video is someone playing with everything unlocked. Doesn't really help for the first 30 hours in the game.

The combat is just not fun, nor is it deep.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
That video is someone playing with everything unlocked. Doesn't really help for the first 30 hours in the game.

The combat is just not fun, nor is it deep.

you can cook food to do this, breh.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
you can cook food to do this, breh.
He was stacking armor and food. Plus cooking food to make combat bearable isnt a very good example for why I shouldn't just skip combat altogether. I dont wanna have to change clothes and have a meal ready for every combat situation

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
He was stacking armor and food. Plus cooking food to make combat bearable isnt a very good example for why I shouldn't just skip combat altogether. I dont wanna have to change clothes and have a meal ready for every combat situation

you don't have to, but if you're going by just facing enemies with just flurry attacks and swinging, that would be the most viable option.