The Pathless PS5’s very own BOTW? Reviews out

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
freed the first beast (elk)...chasing it thru the forest was epic...gave me that same feeling when I encountered the first colossus in SotC

Yeah, I just did this. It does have quite the epic feel about it. Music is pretty dope too. The art of this game is fukking beautiful. Really shines during this sequence and afterwards. I don't play this game consistently (tho right now, I barely play any game consistent, as I'm juggling like 7-8 games), but whenever I do play it, I do really enjoy its tranquil feel. It's very much appreciable after playing Demon's Souls or Crash 4, lol!

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@surf , So I just fought the Godslayer and made it to the next area (this game's world way bigger than I thought it was). How close would you say I'm to the end now?

if it’s the “fight” where you just shoot your regular arrows at him but they don’t have any effect then you still have a way...I can’t remember exactly when that occurs tho

in total, the eagle mother has 4 children (beasts) that you have to free...when you free all 4 is when you’ll begin the final journey for the real showdown with the godslayer

^^^

this isn’t a content spoiler per se...just gives you an idea of what major challenges you need to face before you get to the final “boss” fight

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just finished it. Very beautiful game.

8.5/10.

@surf, you said there's an extended ending for doing some other ish?

you know those gold animal head markers you had to find for the light towers for each section specific to the animal god that rules that section?

for each animal god/beast you conquered, in the spot that you defeat them you see that thing where you can insert the animal markers (can’t remember the word for it) that shows you can find additional markers for that section...if you find all the markers for each section and replay the final battle the you’ll get the extended ending...it’s like 15 seconds lol...you could probably just watch it on youtube...the fun is in re-exploring the lands and finding those new areas you didn’t hit up...if that doesn’t sound “enticing” then the extended ending honestly not worth it

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Can I get a quick explanation of what this is about and is it like a breath of the wild clone?

I have a $30 gift card so it's between this or Immortals Phoenix Rising

It has some light influences from Breath of the Wild, but for the most part, it's doesn't really play much like it at all. It's similarities are mostly surface value.

As for gameplay, it's mostly an adventure/puzzle game, that's very momentum based. The gameplay loop is you roaming around the map, at high speeds and heights and solving puzzles. There's no actual enemy fights, outside of the bosses, so its a little similar to Shadow of the Colossus in that regard. The world isn't nearly as bleek tho and your traversal is more fun. It's also akin to SOTC again in that you only have 1 weapon (bow n arrow) that you don't upgrade.

If you like adventure games and puzzle solving, you'll like. I definitely recommend it to folks that like just exploring the world in their games. Just don't buy it expecting a 1:1 Breath of the Wild style game. Game is mad chill too, aside from boss fights. Those do get a bit intense/epic feeling, at least the first go round.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
alright I’m done flooding the thread...last point...exploring the land is the main appeal of the game...I’ve enjoyed that aspect of it far more than the “boss” encounters...I beat the game and still find myself in wonderment approaching new areas...again there’s no map so there is a sense of accomplishment in finding “undiscovered” areas
No map???