The Only People That hate Mortal Kombat Are fukking Weeb Involuntary Celibates

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
Playing Tekken then moving over to this stiff trash is a sure way to up the suicide rate.

As a youngin, MK2 and MK3 was fire, especially in the arcades, wasn’t bad on the genesis either.

I got into mK9 on the 360 with my nikka smoke, after that … meh.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I actually don't think MK is as stiff as it looks(design choice) but fukk since we discussing it I'll go all the way fighting game nerd with it:russ:

If we talking every other fighting game vs MK:

MK got WEIRD input windows. There's really no buffering the way there is in most fighters and there's a certain weightlessness to MK normals. In street fighter there's more weight on individual normals that determines input timing based on the hitstun

So in street fighter if my combo is lp mp into shoryuken, I would lp->mp--(buffer shoryuken)>shoryuken

In mortal Kombat there's no special buffering like that so it would look more like lpmp THEN input shoryuken. The shyt typically referred to as dial a combos. In most fighting games you input the combo as it goes, in mortal Kombat input the combo then watch it happen. And then you gotta adjust those timings if the opponent blocks. That shyt feels WEIRD:russ:

Mortal Kombat also defies most traditional fighting game rules. In just about any fighting game that's ever existed, you can throw armored moves. The idea is "hey a single attack will get blown up, but you can opt to throw instead". Rock paper scissors. You can't throw armor in MK so if you're not prepared to blow that armor up with a fast enough 2 hit string, yo ass better be blocking. But armored moves are typically plus in MK so if you blocked that's yo ass still:mjlol:

Mortal Kombat is also the only fighting game where projectiles don't clash and I promise you most fighting game players think that is the stupidest shyt in the world:russ:

Those are the most egregious examples but there are more. Basically to go from a "normal" fighting game to Mortal Kombat you have to make a lot of adjustments, many of which you may find dumb or beneath you:russ:

That said I do think MK is great in its own unique ways and I think MKX is one of the GOAT fighting games period

Well said, breh.

Another way to phrase it is that in other fighting games, the move list that shows you combos is really more of a suggestion. In theory, as long as you can link up each move, you can make a combo out of anything. With Mortal Kombat, nah, those ARE the combos for the most part, and need to be input exactly as shown.

I think they also lost folks with the customization system changing what moves a player has access to. It's an interesting strategy wrinkle, but I can see why there are people that don't like it.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
die in a grease fire

Hope you freeze in the iciest depths of Cocytus you fukking fakkit.
That escalated quickly :mjlol:
that-escalated-quickly-89469.gif

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
What you mean by hate? If someone doesn't like the game that don't mean they hating. If they dedicate their time to shyt on the game they don't like then they are stupid to do so. It's not a bad franchise and neither is SF, Tekken, etc.

Mortal Kombat has interesting storyline, cool looking characters and dark mysterious feel to it. But many of fighting game fans do not like Mortal Kombat controls. "I do the combo, you do the combo" type of playing. I remember the PS2 era games had limited set of combos even with like 3 fighting styles available. It's cool for a while, once you learn them, but then what? They give you moves list, you learn them and that's it, not much improvisation on your own,

Their recent games improved on that aspect, let's see what the new game comes up with whenever they release it.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
What you mean by hate? If someone doesn't like the game that don't mean they hating. If they dedicate their time to shyt on the game they don't like then they are stupid to do so. It's not a bad franchise and neither is SF, Tekken, etc.

Mortal Kombat has interesting storyline, cool looking characters and dark mysterious feel to it. But many of fighting game fans do not like Mortal Kombat controls. "I do the combo, you do the combo" type of playing. I remember the PS2 era games had limited set of combos even with like 3 fighting styles available. It's cool for a while, once you learn them, but then what? They give you moves list, you learn them and that's it, no improvisation on your own,

Their recent games improved on that aspect, let's see what the new game comes up with whenever they release it.

I hate dumb naive clueless nikkas like you.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
An example of the hate OP is talking about is how most people in the fgc feel like MK and injustice shouldn't have a spot in any of the main tournaments.

Smash bros gets more respect and that game barely qualifies as a fighting game.

That type of hate for the series is clearly irrational.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
An example of the hate OP is talking about is how most people in the fgc feel like MK and injustice shouldn't have a spot in any of the main tournaments.

Smash bros gets more respect and that game barely qualifies as a fighting game.

That type of hate for the series is clearly irrational.

nikkas in here acting dumb for no reason.