The Only People That hate Mortal Kombat Are fukking Weeb Involuntary Celibates

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ding ding

It's really just the stiffness and rigidity of it. It's a staple of the series but knowing that people still complain about it.

That and NRS cant balance them for shyt. They make projectile chars OP in every game they make
I actually don't think MK is as stiff as it looks(design choice) but fukk since we discussing it I'll go all the way fighting game nerd with it:russ:

If we talking every other fighting game vs MK:

MK got WEIRD input windows. There's really no buffering the way there is in most fighters and there's a certain weightlessness to MK normals. In street fighter there's more weight on individual normals that determines input timing based on the hitstun

So in street fighter if my combo is lp mp into shoryuken, I would lp->mp--(buffer shoryuken)>shoryuken

In mortal Kombat there's no special buffering like that so it would look more like lpmp THEN input shoryuken. The shyt typically referred to as dial a combos. In most fighting games you input the combo as it goes, in mortal Kombat input the combo then watch it happen. And then you gotta adjust those timings if the opponent blocks. That shyt feels WEIRD:russ:

Mortal Kombat also defies most traditional fighting game rules. In just about any fighting game that's ever existed, you can throw armored moves. The idea is "hey a single attack will get blown up, but you can opt to throw instead". Rock paper scissors. You can't throw armor in MK so if you're not prepared to blow that armor up with a fast enough 2 hit string, yo ass better be blocking. But armored moves are typically plus in MK so if you blocked that's yo ass still:mjlol:

Mortal Kombat is also the only fighting game where projectiles don't clash and I promise you most fighting game players think that is the stupidest shyt in the world:russ:

Those are the most egregious examples but there are more. Basically to go from a "normal" fighting game to Mortal Kombat you have to make a lot of adjustments, many of which you may find dumb or beneath you:russ:

That said I do think MK is great in its own unique ways and I think MKX is one of the GOAT fighting games period

Last edited:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
*Looks over at Injustice đź‘€
A superhero game, which is also trash but is a super hero game so it's already got bonus points.

It also nails the characters personalities and move sets.

But there is a reason why these games burn out after like 2 years and even quicker if there is no DLC.

1 it's a fighting game. 2 that gore gets old, and 3 the games always have someone busted in a oddly lame way.

UMK3 is probably the only mk that I can enjoy sets of.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
A superhero game, which is also trash but is a super hero game so it's already got bonus points.

It also nails the characters personalities and move sets.

But there is a reason why these games burn out after like 2 years and even quicker if there is no DLC.

1 it's a fighting game. 2 that gore gets old, and 3 the games always have someone busted in a oddly lame way.

UMK3 is probably the only mk that I can enjoy sets of.

Getting tired of your Idris Elba looking ass..

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
tumblr_llljmbWurw1qelvj7o1_500.gif

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
This herb one of the lamest posters in this section. You know he smells of old fritos and baja blast stanming Reptile/MK and calling strangers fakkit when they bring up the obvious trashness of said series

And you just know he trash on the sticks :ahh:

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
Mortal kombat cool

Special moves are easy to pull off and its always fun to play with friends and family

I just don't like how stiff it feels compared to other fighting games

And pressing a button to block is trash :scust:

Capcom makes the best 2D fighting games for me. Call me a weeb all you want but Darkstalkers and mvc feel so good to play :ahh:

Followed by snk and Arc systems works

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
I actually don't think MK is as stiff as it looks(design choice) but fukk since we discussing it I'll go all the way fighting game nerd with it:russ:

If we talking every other fighting game vs MK:

MK got WEIRD input windows. There's really no buffering the way there is in most fighters and there's a certain weightlessness to MK normals. In street fighter there's more weight on individual normals that determines input timing based on the hitstun

So in street fighter if my combo is lp mp into shoryuken, I would lp->mp--(buffer shoryuken)>shoryuken

In mortal Kombat there's no special buffering like that so it would look more like lpmp THEN input shoryuken. The shyt typically referred to as dial a combos. In most fighting games you input the combo as it goes, in mortal Kombat input the combo then watch it happen. And then you gotta adjust those timings if the opponent blocks. That shyt feels WEIRD:russ:

Mortal Kombat also defies most traditional fighting game rules. In just about any fighting game that's ever existed, you can throw armored moves. The idea is "hey a single attack will get blown up, but you can opt to throw instead". Rock paper scissors. You can't throw armor in MK so if you're not prepared to blow that armor up with a fast enough 2 hit string, yo ass better be blocking. But armored moves are typically plus in MK so if you blocked that's yo ass still:mjlol:

Mortal Kombat is also the only fighting game where projectiles don't clash and I promise you most fighting game players think that is the stupidest shyt in the world:russ:

Those are the most egregious examples but there are more. Basically to go from a "normal" fighting game to Mortal Kombat you have to make a lot of adjustments, many of which you may find dumb or beneath you:russ:

That said I do think MK is great in its own unique ways and I think MKX is one of the GOAT fighting games period
Breh you explained it perfectly :ohhh:

Repped :wow:

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Mortal kombat cool

Special moves are easy to pull off and its always fun to play with friends and family

I just don't like how stiff it feels compared to other fighting games

And pressing a button to block is trash :scust:

Capcom makes the best 2D fighting games for me. Call me a weeb all you want but Darkstalkers and mvc feel so good to play :ahh:

Followed by snk and Arc systems works

Darkstalkers 3 is a top 5 fighting game. Im not referring to that game as its a 90s anime with a gothic horror aesthetic. Im talking about the BlazBlue/DNF Duel super shiny anime over sexualizing underage characters love ass nikkas like @Francis Manancis stated.

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Stiffness, the character fighting stances are so unrealistic some of them shouldn’t be able to stay standing let alone throw techniques. Universal normal attacks shared by every character. Dial in combos. The blocking system. The animations.