The old king can’t let go, the bird queen is a bimbo, Imperial limbo ain’t so simple: Your GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2024 Offseason Thread

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Yes I remember how bad he was defensively. But he could have helped when we went on those scoring droughts.
Maybe.. I was okay with him going, but wish we can find someone that's in his ballpark offensively who can be an average defensive big, I think we both are in agreement on that.

What kind of big would you wanna target and see what we can do with them.. Naz Reid, Jakob Poeltl are my 2 names

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
TB was unplayable in the regular season against random C's on the defensive end.. what makes you think he would have been playable in a playoff game against Jokic when our entire issue was we need a backup 5 who can give you solid defensive effort
That’s not true. We could’ve utilized him as a stretch 5 regardless.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Maybe.. I was okay with him going, but wish we can find someone that's in his ballpark offensively who can be an average defensive big, I think we both are in agreement on that.

What kind of big would you wanna target and see what we can do with them.. Naz Reid, Jakob Poeltl are my 2 names
We can’t afford any of those guys and retain our players. Naz Reid is going back to Minnesota and if not, I don’t see how the Kings don’t sign him.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
We can’t afford any of those guys and retain our players. Naz Reid is going back to Minnesota and if not, I don’t see how the Kings don’t sign him.
Yeah MN probably retains Naz Reid, but that type of player is someone we need to go after instead of trying to go all in on Kyrie or Trae Young
That’s not true. We could’ve utilized him as a stretch 5 regardless.
We were begging for Wenyen min during the stretch where TB came back down to earth offensively

Daps
Reppin
#LWO
Can't keep Reaves, Rui, AND sign Draymond. We don't have the capspace unless someone takes a deal WAY under market value (not happening).
Draymond is too short we saw what AD did to him in the warriors series. Jokic would do the same if not worse. We need height

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
Back up big
Find some value 3 and Ds
Denver exposed the flaws.
AD can't do it alone and Jokic could pass to a bunch of tall shooters.
Gotta at least make it even.

Edit: I'm for retaining Walker. He needs consistent playing time and he'll even out. He earned a chance

TheLostOnes

Laker for life
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Honestly wished Dwight would come back and be our backup C he's one of the few that handled defending Joker well. We need a back bad and some better consistent shooters

Frex

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly wished Dwight would come back and be our backup C he's one of the few that handled defending Joker well. We need a back bad and some better consistent shooters

Frex
Lakers won’t that series agains the Nuggets in 2020 because of Dwight and McGee. AD showed up but this series strongly illustrated he doesn’t want to play the 5 against Denver.

Rui on Jokic was fukked up from the start.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps

Potential for LeBron to be out for 2 months post surgery.. I'm curious when he actually would get the surgery, and what kind of timeline he would have when getting back into game shape

Would he hold off on it for awhile and miss maybe the first couple weeks of the regular season, or jump right into surgery soon and prep. I think this was a big motivator for LeBron saying he has a lot to think about in regards to coming back