The old king can’t let go, the bird queen is a bimbo, Imperial limbo ain’t so simple: Your GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2024 Offseason Thread

KingsnBucs1987

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indianapolis
Hopefully Bron really retires so LA can rebuild with a fresh core like they were on track to until they gave the team away to play Bron Ball:beli:
I think that would actually fukk the Lakers more cause his remaining contract would count as dead money so they'd have like 90 mil frozen over 2 years they couldn't use

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Is he getting the surgery confirmed?

Most reasonable posters said what was common sense. He clearly hurt his foot. Posters only bringing it up when he plays bad was in bad faith.

Seems like Shams is doing what he usually does? All this he “needs”is irrelevant if he doesn’t actually get it. No?
It gets reevaluated soon and probably told whether surgery or just time fixes the issue.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@Rhakim has been arguing for the past 72 hours about how overrated and unclutch Kobe is. Now ask yourself LWO, why do you guys converse with a dude who disrespects the greatest Laker ever time and time again?

Some of y’all need to look yourselves in the mirror and ask yourself that question.

:jbhmm:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
@Rhakim has been arguing for the past 72 hours about how overrated and unclutch Kobe is.

I haven't said a single word about Kobe being unclutch. Someone made an attack post claiming Bron was unclutch even though it was a Kobe thread and no one had even mentioned Bron's name. I posted stats showing that Bron was at least as clutch as kobe. I NEVER said Kobe wasn't clutch.

Let’s get that 10 hour video of LeBronze deferring to role players in the final minutes and seconds
Bron has several more playoff game-winners (11 to 7) and more playoff buzzer-beaters (5 to 1) than Kobe does.

In fact, Bron has more playoff buzzer-beaters than any other NBA team in history outside of the Lakers and Celtics. :whew:

FlPvjk_aEAAN9ET.jpg:large

slide2-nba-teams-playoff-buzzer-beaters.webp

EZx5GIsWkAc-wmp

Also, this stat was November 2021, so he's surpassed that one by now too:

And yet no-one is taking him over Kobe for a last shot. No one.
But that wasn't the post I was responding to. The comment claimed that LeBron just defers to role players in the clutch. Pretty incredible that Kobe is known for taking far more late-game shots than anyone else in NBA history, while LeBron is know for "deferring" when his teammates are open, yet Bron somehow ends up making more late game clutch shots than Kobe does.

You can still believe Kobe is the best at late game shots. He certainly tries to take the most difficult shots more regularly, and they look more spectaular when they go in, and that drives a lot of narrative. But jumping off that narrative to try to claim LeBron doesn't take and make an enormous # of clutch shots is ridicuous.

He literally has more playoff game-winners than any other player in history. He literally has more game-winning buzzer beaters than any other player in history. He has approximately ONE HUNDRED game-tying or go-ahead field goals in the final minute. How is that even possible if he is always deferring?
Ain’t no one picking Bron over Kobe :mjlol:you can post all the charts you want
Where did I ask you to?

All I did was say that it was ridiculous to attack Bron and claim he always defers when he's made as many or more clutch shots as Kobe has. I never said Kobe wasn't clutch, I never said you couldn't rank him over Bron if you wanted, I just said it was absolutely ridiculous to shyt on Bron and claim he doesn't take clutch shots when his objective makes are just as good as Kobe's if not better.

I never called him overrated either. There was an argument about how good Kobe was in the 1996-2000 era and whether he deserves superstar credit for the 2000 title. I proved he was a critical piece of the team from 1998 on, but he was nowhere near as good as Shaq. I never called him overrated because that is the NORMAL rating, everyone outside of Kobestans agrees with that take already.

Now ask yourself LWO, why do you guys converse with a dude who disrespects the greatest Laker ever time and time again?

Some of y’all need to look yourselves in the mirror and ask yourself that question.

:jbhmm:

So it's okay to rip on the Lakers's current star and straight derail Kobe threads just to lie about Lebron, but it's not okay to put both Lakers into context?

Just admit all your rules are Kobestan rules, they have nothing to do with being a Lakers fan.

@CantStop, now that I debunked this lie, are you going to own up to your previous lies? Every time I caught you misrepresenting something in the last couple weeks and offered receipts, you ghosted. Are you about to do it again here?

bigde09

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I haven't said a single word about Kobe being unclutch. Someone made an attack post claiming Bron was unclutch even though it was a Kobe thread and no one had even mentioned Bron's name. I posted stats showing that Bron was at least as clutch as kobe. I NEVER said Kobe wasn't clutch.

All I did was say that it was ridiculous to attack Bron and claim he always defers when he's made as many or more clutch shots as Kobe has. I never said Kobe wasn't clutch, I never said you couldn't rank him over Bron if you wanted, I just said it was absolutely ridiculous to shyt on Bron and claim he doesn't take clutch shots when his objective makes are just as good as Kobe's if not better.

I never called him overrated either. There was an argument about how good Kobe was in the 1996-2000 era and whether he deserves superstar credit for the 2000 title. I proved he was a critical piece of the team from 1998 on, but he was nowhere near as good as Shaq. I never called him overrated because that is the NORMAL rating, everyone outside of Kobestans agrees with that take already.

So it's okay to rip on the Lakers's current star and straight derail Kobe threads just to lie about Lebron, but it's not okay to put both Lakers into context?

Just admit all your rules are Kobestan rules, they have nothing to do with being a Lakers fan.

@CantStop, now that I debunked this lie, are you going to own up to your previous lies? Every time I caught you misrepresenting something in the last couple weeks and offered receipts, you ghosted. Are you about to do it again here?
Put the adderall down :huhldup: you’ve been arguing with nikkas for 3 days straight

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Put the adderall down :huhldup: you’ve been arguing with nikkas for 3 days straight

How fukking unaware is this? Y'all keep quoting and @ing me and then bytch when I respond. :deadrose:

I haven't initiated a conversation with you in MONTHS. Literally every interaction we've had in the last two months starts with you quoting me. If you don't want to have arguments, why do you keep starting them?

Same with @CantStop. He just @'d me right here to start an argument, and he did it by posting falsehoods knowing that I'll defend myself (which he won't respond to, he'll just move the goalposts and start a different argument). Since the playoffs he can't stop obsessing about me. He @'s me at least 5x as much as I @ him, then he bytches about how much I post. Is he clueless?

Same with 10bandz, same with Sccit, same with Gil, same with Dwight Howard, same with Gangstar8 (my god, the "quality" of that list). All my biggest fans in here are calling out my name far more than I mention any of them, then turn around and get upset when I engage. If you don't want the threads to keep getting derailed by meaningless off-topic arguments, maybe you should stop doing that?

Last edited:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
If we’re honest, I think we all knew it would be like this when Bron signed. You can’t bring two diametrically opposed stanbases and expect them to get along. For me, if it’s just catty little bullshyt then whatever I’ll just laugh it off. Thankfully things never got too out of control between each side.

With that said, it would be nice if everyone could just talk about the team and leave the other critiques at the door. We been at it for years now, at some point the shyt should move forward.

Bron Stans, yall can’t separate Kobe or his Stans from “real Laker fans” because they are one and the same. Y’all can’t be up in the threads claiming that longtime Laker posters aren’t real fans when they had to go through the lean times during Kobe’s twilight years and after. Especially considering how transient of a player Bron was. Kobe stans, we gotta accept that LeBron is a Laker and his stans are gonna be all up in the thread for better or worse so maybe turn down the trolling a little and they might just shut the fukk up and talk basketball.

Or don’t do that, ima find it funny either way tho all this shyt for leisure I ain’t gettin worked up over it :pachaha:

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
How fukking unaware is this? Y'all keep quoting and @ing me and then bytch when I respond. :deadrose:

I haven't initiated a conversation with you in MONTHS. Literally every interaction we've had in the last two months starts with you quoting me. If you don't want to have arguments, why do you keep starting them?

Same with @CantStop. He just @'d me right here to start an argument, and he did it by posting falsehoods knowing that I'll defend myself (which he won't respond to, he'll just move the goalposts and start a different argument). Since the playoffs he can't stop obsessing about me. He @'s me at least 5x as much as I @ him, then he bytches about how much I post. Is he clueless?

Same with 10bandz, same with Sccit, same with Gil, same with Dwight Howard, same with Gangstar8 (my god, the "quality" of that list). All my biggest fans in here are calling out my name far more than I mention any of them, then turn around and get upset when I engage. If you don't want the threads to keep getting derailed by meaningless off-topic arguments, maybe you should stop doing that?
I think what that poster was getting at breh is that you don't have to attend every argument you're invited to...
Watching you and @CantStop argue is annoying because it isnt even good argument yall both stubborn as fukk and will just argue in circles forever

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If we’re honest, I think we all knew it would be like this when Bron signed. You can’t bring two diametrically opposed stanbases and expect them to get along. For me, if it’s just catty little bullshyt then whatever I’ll just laugh it off. Thankfully things never got too out of control between each side.

With that said, it would be nice if everyone could just talk about the team and leave the other critiques at the door. We been at it for years now, at some point the shyt should move forward.

Bron Stans, yall can’t separate Kobe or his Stans from “real Laker fans” because they are one and the same. Y’all can’t be up in the threads claiming that longtime Laker posters aren’t real fans when they had to go through the lean times during Kobe’s twilight years and after. Especially considering how transient of a player Bron was. Kobe stans, we gotta accept that LeBron is a Laker and his stans are gonna be all up in the thread for better or worse so maybe turn down the trolling a little and they might just shut the fukk up and talk basketball.

Or don’t do that, ima find it funny either way tho all this shyt for leisure I ain’t gettin worked up over it :pachaha:
I can respect this but like you said shyt goes out the door when 2022 posters and Bron Stans accuse me and others of not being real Laker fans. We been down since the hamster days hyping up Trevor Ariza and we were here and doing the most hyping up our young core when we were winning 17 games. I don’t see Steph stans disrespecting the OG warrior fans though. But I put my foot down on any bean disrespect. :pacspit:

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
I can respect this but like you said shyt goes out the door when 2022 posters and Bron Stans accuse me and others of not being real Laker fans. We been down since the hamster days hyping up Trevor Ariza and we were here and doing the most hyping up our young core when we were winning 17 games. I don’t see Steph stans disrespecting the OG warrior fans though. But I put my foot down on any bean disrespect. :pacspit:
You may be a Lakers fan, but are all aware you throw on that cape for Kobe over everything.. plus you're just an annoying ass fan.

Constantly negative in every fukn game every fukn night the entire season. Every game your bipolar ass is screaming to trade everyone after the first 3 min of a ball game.

You're what's wrong with the discourse in these threads, cause you don't bring ANYTHING of value besides "Bron/AD choked!! Trade them!!"