The Official "Westworld" Season 2 Thread

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Was it just me or did something seem off with MIB this episode? It almost didn’t even look like him in some scenes :patrice:

IMO, it was because he saw Maeve and child and felt guilt. all his expressions and mannerisms changed. It's like we weren't looking at MiB. We were looking at an old and tired William.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
this part has never been explained.. nor really where maeve gets her "i just think and it happens, programming"

we know a few things.... ford had special code for his robot family that was different from the park... they only listened to him. . so all ford would have to do is insert a code into some hosts, so they only listened to maeve... or make it part of being sleep... and when they woke up, they no longer had to listen

we also know that no matter how woke, they still have programming in them. both delores and maeve had admitted that they know it isn't their dad/child... and yet they cannot fight the "memories" and "feelings" they had for those people.

even spanish american dude who pipping maeve, he was telling her lines straight out of his narrative. the write was reading them off word for word and he'd been woke for a long time. so no matter what they do, programming is still in them

for now
I'm guessing she does it by using the mesh network Bernard mentioned earlier that lets the hosts communicate with each other. All the hosts are connected to it but Maeve is able to actively use it To issue commands because she's woke.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
nah breh... admin privileges wouldn't have other hosts reading her mind in real time... even ford had to do hand movements and say the words

maybe it does have something to do with that hive program that benard used. like she can control them by tapping into the hive programming.. but that still hasn't been explained. maybe when Fornard meets her

I'm guessing she does it by using the mesh network Bernard mentioned earlier that lets the hosts communicate with each other. All the hosts are connected to it but Maeve is able to actively use it To issue commands because she's woke.

Pretty much sure that's what it is. When she says she has a "new voice", she's talking about wireless transmissions. All the hosts have radios, she's the only one with conscious control over it.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
I'm so lost, these timelines are too much for me to keep up with and then next weeks episodes the back story about the Indians :mindblown: :mindblown:
Full timeline

5b1496fe5e48ec1c008b4600-960-8210.png

MIKE SPLEAN

Superstar
Daps
I think William will meet his younger self when he gets to the door and somehow his mind will be stuck in the body.

The park has the most information on who has been there the longest and William has played the game more than anyone else. they would have enough info to create a duplicate version of him like they tried to do with Delos.

The reason why this is a planned suicide mission is because he knows ford has copied him and he doesn’t want to be immortal anymore like he originally did. This is why when he talks to jim the final time he says men aren’t meant to live forever. This was recent we find out because Jim Delos is still alive when Bernard finds him and he looks nearly identical to how he currently looks.

It’s also a red herring when he called himself “death” in the shoot out scene with Lawrence’s wife.

Also there is a scene shown in the season trailer that shows William putting a gun to his head
latest

We have yet to see this scene.

And then this:
“If you are looking forward, you are looking in the wrong direction."

That’s because he’s not going to meet death he’s going to meet another life.

The baby in the intro is just symbolism for his rebirth that he’s attempting to stop from happening due to his guilt over his wife’s death.

Just a guess.
He will be able to play the game forever but with his consciousness stuck in the body.

MAGNETO.

#STARKSET #LEMONCAKEGANG #NYGBIGBLUE
Daps
Reppin
NY FOOTBALL GIANTS. #STARKSET
man I still don't know how I feel about how they dealt with Lawrence and MiB.

the reveal in this episode where Maeve can't control him was masterful and unexpected. but all that development is undone in less than a minute with Maeve's appeal to him about suffering and the whole master-slave dynamic. If they didn't spend so much time in Shogun world they could've spent time on that relationship, especially after MiB's actions in episode 4. Strangely enough MiB's arc post Delos shooting has been underdeveloped a little, especially with Lawrence. MiB saves him earlier in the season tells him the stakes are real, saves his family in ep 4 and in the process reveals his true character. Lawrence could infer that there was a bit more nuance to MiB then what he has seen previously. But then Lawrence says that him saving his family this time was him playing a game? I don't know if that's good writing or logic.

Could've also spent more time explaining and exploring the cradle. Had to watch a video on the HBO channel to see what the creators intended for it to be.

Maeve discovers her mesh netowork powers in Shogun world, this might've been better developed after a key event such as her re-uniting with her fake daughter or after this supposed connection she has to ghost nation. Maeve's arc overall has been disappointing to me. She shyts on Dolores but is doing the exact same thing as she is which contradicts alll the bullshyt she has been preaching.

but as with other shows, there's a delicate line b/w criticism and fan fiction. personally I wish they would've invested more time on these other aspects.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
You didn't like the first season?
First season was aight to me, I think I would have liked it better if I binged it vs watching weekly. But it got good the last 3 episodes.

Not sure what it is, but I just am not feeling this show, I watch it because a lot of people at work do lol

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
IMO, it was because he saw Maeve and child and felt guilt. all his expressions and mannerisms changed. It's like we weren't looking at MiB. We were looking at an old and tired William.
MIB has changed. He saved homeboys family, reconnected with his daughter.