The Official "Westworld" Season 2 Thread

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I been on to MIB for a minute but I'm not 100% sure like I was Bernard last season...

I think the reason for that is because MIB is William unlike Bernard whose mind is Ford's creation implanted in the body of Arnold...That's an important distinction...

MIB clearly thinks his daughter is a host but that scene makes more sense if its the other way around...He was genuinely surprised by her correction of that elephant story, as if he wasn't expecting to hear that...That could be because he thinks she's a bot and was testing her but why freeze up like that cuz she caught your trap? Whether she answered correctly or not shouldn't result in a freeze because he's setting a trap...Maybe he wasn't expecting her to get it right but if that's the case and she did why the fukk would you abandon your daughter in the middle of nowhere with murderous bots around? It makes more sense he wasn't setting a trap and thought he had that story right, his daughter correcting him spooked him and that's why he bailed on her...

I think the game William aka MIB has been playing is finding himself...He's as unsure of what he is as we are unsure of what he is which explains why his daughter spooked him...Delos wasn't the only human host hybrid, we know that because Bernard said so and in his flashback he takes one of those host brains with him...This immortality idea was Williams conception, he's the one that introduced it to Delos...Delos was the first test subject but it makes perfect sense William had future plans for himself...It's also worth noting he keeps searching for a game Ford told him is only for the hosts...That always struck me as odd and his daughter hasn't seen him in years because he spends "too much time in the park"...

We know with Delos every time he was told he's a bot he spazzed out...What if with MIB/William, Ford took the opposite approach...Don't tell him what he is, let him loose in the park to discover it on his own...Hence the game...

This show is a mind fukk...:wow:
i think y'all doing a little too much here

william been so lost in the game, he didn't even pay attention to his wife and daughter... that's been his theme since day 1.. he comes in the game, and it's the game, no time for the outside world. he'd bring his wife and kids there, but really he didn't give two fukks to learn anything about them or care to remember... he just wanted to play

now he's trying to play dad.. ford forced his outside world into the game.. now he's trying to do that and can't even tell his wife from his daughter.. his surprise was at the fact that he really didn't know shyt about her. i think this will play into him not even remembering how his wife died (goof with the slit wrist vs taking pills)..

i don't think either one is a host.. i think that whole scene was showing that william will put this game before his own child.. before her life (left her abandoned in a killer game)... before her love (threw away his last chance with her).... and about to throw away his own life (suicide by robot)

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Where is the park located? A private island? US? If its mainland USA is the landscape creator machine still running? Is the plan to have it run out of the park??:lupe:
they literally had the chinese military pull up on the ISLAND and demand access... delos shut them down and said they have an agreement with them that they police themselves

it's in china.. y'all gotta watch the show more carefully... this ain't fast and furious brehs

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
i think y'all doing a little too much here

william been so lost in the game, he didn't even pay attention to his wife and daughter... that's been his theme since day 1.. he comes in the game, and it's the game, no time for the outside world. he'd bring his wife and kids there, but really he didn't give two fukks to learn anything about them or care to remember... he just wanted to play

now he's trying to play dad.. ford forced his outside world into the game.. now he's trying to do that and can't even tell his wife from his daughter.. his surprise was at the fact that he really didn't know shyt about her. i think this will play into him not even remembering how his wife died (goof with the slit wrist vs taking pills)..

i don't think either one is a host.. i think that whole scene was showing that william will put this game before his own child.. before her life (left her abandoned in a killer game)... before her love (threw away his last chance with her).... and about to throw away his own life (suicide by robot)
Bingo. He said that and I immediately thought "I bet brehs gonna look far too deep into that" :pachaha:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
with all the stupid questions people have been asking it seems more like the viewers have fallen off dramatically.

i mean, goddamn. just pay attention, brehs...it's really not that hard.
Or maybe shyt isn't interesting. :ld:

MIB and Bernard stories are the only interesting ones. Maeve's story is borderline; Delores' fell off.

Hell, my interest in MIB is kind of falling off since, imo, there's only 2 ways it ends.

But I can see where you're coming from. Honestly, you can't have 4 different stories going on with all this time jumping. It can create a clusterfukk for the average joe.

But let's be real, this season has been mediocre.

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
Or maybe shyt isn't interesting. :ld:

MIB and Bernard stories are the only interesting ones. Maeve's story is borderline; Delores' fell off.

Hell, my interest in MIB is kind of falling off since, imo, there's only 2 ways it ends.

But I can see where you're coming from. Honestly, you can't have 4 different stories going on with all this time jumping. It can create a clusterfukk for the average joe.

But let's be real, this season has been mediocre.
But you gonna watch the next ep and be in the thread talking about it sooooooooo:manny:

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You been watching this shyt? First season is miles ahead of this. :what:

This season only 1 ep was great. Everything else was way passable or :camby:
Honestly I didnt really start getting into season 1 till the episode they revealed bernard was a host. :yeshrug:

This show seems to be paced slow early but it sets up everything to build toward an expectedly explosive climax.

Its also one of those rare stories where it rewards its fans for thinking too much into it. The early episodes do a hell of a job building up the idea of hosts conceptually inside and out. And all the twists along with their decisons build off those concepts logically...even down to how they become concious. :wow: fans can make reasonable predictions and it eggs them along with hints and red herrings. Its cool that it refuses to dumb itself down on some lupe fiasco shyt

The first episode I really fukked with this season was the delos host one, but that too was an episode

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
The only thing interesting about the Delores story at this point is how ruthless Teddy will get. The writers have to be squirming that everyone dislikes what is essentially the central character this season.