The Official "Westworld" Season 2 Thread

MAGNETO.

#STARKSET #LEMONCAKEGANG #NYGBIGBLUE
Daps
Reppin
NY FOOTBALL GIANTS. #STARKSET
Or maybe shyt isn't interesting. :ld:

MIB and Bernard stories are the only interesting ones. Maeve's story is borderline; Delores' fell off.

Hell, my interest in MIB is kind of falling off since, imo, there's only 2 ways it ends.

But I can see where you're coming from. Honestly, you can't have 4 different stories going on with all this time jumping. It can create a clusterfukk for the average joe.

But let's be real, this season has been mediocre.

I wouldn’t say it fell off but the way it’s structured with the constant back and forth between stories is putting a lot of people off. After what happened last season it seems like Joy and Nolan are doing this so people can’t guess what’s going on.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
The only thing I'm worried about is this "Matrix within a Westworld" concept. I really hope they don't overuse the "Is this NOW??"..."Is this a Virtual World??" confusion.

Someone mentioned that the Matrix scenes were all in a letterboxed aspect ratio. I hope they continue to use things like that to make it clear if we're in VR.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
I wouldn’t say it fell off but the way it’s structured with the constant back and forth between stories is putting a lot of people off. After what happened last season it seems like Joy and Nolan are doing this so people can’t guess what’s going on.
This isn't an accurate explanation at all. It's structured this way because it's how the show has been structured from the beginning. Jonathan Nolan never tries to intentionally deceive the audience or tries to be intentionally confusing for no reason. The reason people figured out what was going on in season 1 was because Nolan drops clues and hints all throughout the show. Just look @ the movie Prestige, he actually tells you how the film ends at the beginning and then people still call it a twist ending. Nolan doesn't care about fans predicting what's going to happen when he literally tells us what is going to happen himself

MAGNETO.

#STARKSET #LEMONCAKEGANG #NYGBIGBLUE
Daps
Reppin
NY FOOTBALL GIANTS. #STARKSET
This isn't an accurate explanation at all. It's structured this way because it's how the show has been structured from the beginning. Jonathan Nolan never tries to intentionally deceive the audience or tries to be intentionally confusing for no reason. The reason people figured out what was going on in season 1 was because Nolan drops clues and hints all throughout the show. Just look @ the movie Prestige, he actually tells you how the film ends at the beginning and then people still call it a twist ending. Nolan doesn't care about fans predicting what's going to happen when he literally tells us what is going to happen himself

I’m not saying I agree with that, I’m pointing out what I’ve been reading about what’s putting people off. I’ve enjoyed this season so far tbh.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
I finally saw episode 6 and this has already probably been said, but....

Ed Harris is definitely dying this season. That's why they shoe-horned his daughter in this. He's not doing another season of this show. She's essentially going to replace his character.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
great point... the funny thing is, if you pay attention to the future parts, you'd already know what happened

people are laying dead in the future, same irish dude who just landed

we didn't just hear about the cradle.. we heard about it episodes ago when they said someone destroyed it... so guess what? won't be too much matrix shyt cause it's gonna get destroyed

we know all the hosts are in the swamp.. so we know they either all dead or all made it out of there...

etc etc.... lets be real. if it wasn't for reddit and this thread, most people wouldn't have figured out shyt last season. nikkas was posting screen shots of hidden shyt and coming up with all types of theories

now everybody running scared, hoping to not get spoiled, hoping to figure it out on their own.. well that didn't happen last season at all. just ask someone who only watched and didn't podcast or go online for clues. most people didn't figure shyt out until it was all explained in plain english

but how people can't even follow along, i have no idea. i literally have zero questions about what's being watched. only thing i'm lost about, is how we get to the "future//current" plotline.. which when watching something, that's how it should be. you shouldn't be able to guess the shyt with 4 hours of programming left