The Official "Westworld" Season 2 Thread

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Man, I knew someone would bring up the "hate women" narrative as soon as this episode was over. The fact is, Maeve & Delores are the worst characters so far this season. Their storylines/plot archs are boring and predictable. The charm with Man in Black & Bernard is that we have no idea what's going to happen next. The entire Shogun World plot from last night was rinse, repeat and sped up of everything we saw from Maeve last season. I saw it coming as soon as they showed Shogun World being a bootleg Westworld. I know that's what was intended though, and it's fine. Granted, the action was nice & it was cool to see a homage of how similar Japanese/Western movies are, but it didn't make Maeve any more interesting to me. Dolores was one of the shining parts of season 1, but she's been on some Bray Wyatt rambling bullshyt this season. She's only interesting when they push the Bernard/Arnold storyline with her plot arch.

Last week showed how amazing of characters William/Man in Black and Bernard/Arnold are, and they follow it up with focusing on the two worst characters :francis:

So you knew before this episode that Maeve was a fukkin psychic robot? You knew Delores was gonna overwrite Teddy’s save file? You knew that the hosts have doppelgängers in Shogun World and them finding each other would fukk with their minds and have them questioning reality even if they’re not “woke”? You knew all of that, huh? :stopitslime:

But you didn’t have any idea whatsoever that they were trying to put human consciousness into host bodies? Not even the slightest inkling that Elsie was still alive? No clue that the girl who ran from the tiger was William’s daughter? That had you like :ohhh::mindblown:, right?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion of not liking something, but calling it boring and predictable is disingenuous. I agree that MIB/Bernarnold storylines are GOAT, but this acting like Delores/Maeve stories are the “Dorne and the sand snakes” of Westworld gotta stop :birdman:

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
So you knew before this episode that Maeve was a fukkin psychic robot? You knew Delores was gonna overwrite Teddy’s save file? You knew that the hosts have doppelgängers in Shogun World and them finding each other would fukk with their minds and have them questioning reality even if they’re not “woke”? You knew all of that, huh? :stopitslime:

But you didn’t have any idea whatsoever that they were trying to put human consciousness into host bodies? Not even the slightest inkling that Elsie was still alive? No clue that the girl who ran from the tiger was William’s daughter? That had you like :ohhh::mindblown:, right?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion of not liking something, but calling it boring and predictable is disingenuous. I agree that MIB/Bernarnold storylines are GOAT, but this acting like Delores/Maeve stories are the “Dorne and the sand snakes” of Westworld gotta stop :birdman:

As soon as they showed how Shogun World had the same layout & plot arch as Westworld, I put 2 and 2 together. It wasn't really that hard to infer what was going to happen.

Comparing the Dolores/Maeve stories to Dorne is actually on point :russ:

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
As soon as they showed how Shogun World had the same layout & plot arch as Westworld, I put 2 and 2 together. It wasn't really that hard to infer what was going to happen.

Comparing the Dolores/Maeve stories to Dorne is actually on point :russ:

Yeah, and it’s also not hard to infer that ol girl was William’s daughter, or that Elsie was still alive, or that they would be trying to put humans in host bodies. Just because the last episode was better doesn’t make it any less predictable :manny:

And don’t do that breh :francis::mjlol:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
After last week's amazing episode, this episode has me like

2cd3r8.jpg
the intermittent delores/teddy bullshyt was the only thing that drug this down. otherwise it was heat. iono how i feel about professor X Maeve now but we'll rock with it i guess

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Just binged watched all the released Season 2 episodes last night. Great show. I think a lot of yall are letting your dislike for Dolores/Maeve cloud your perception on whether the episode is good or not

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Create your own destruction brehs

At least have a fail safe that destroys them the moment they leave the park :snoop:
They all have explosives at the base of their neck that'll explode if they leave. I think Maeve had Felix disable hers and I'm assuming Charlotte had Sizemore disable Abernathy's since their original plan was for him to leave the park too.

Speaking of Abernathy, how they lose that nikka again? :heh: Last time we saw him he got dragged off by the Delos security forces but last night ol girl told Strand she had 2 teams out looking for him. Old "I had him and he slipped right thru my hands" ass nikka

I thought Teddy caught a L last night but according to podcasts Dolores upped his stats. He's on Maeve's level now statistically speaking.

Last edited:

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
They all have explosives at the base of their neck that'll expose if they leave. I think Maeve had Felix disable hers and I'm assuming Charlotte had Sizemore disable Abernathy's since their original plan was for him to leave the park too.

Speaking of Abernathy, how they lose that nikka again? :heh: Last time we saw him he got dragged off by the Delos security forces but last night ol girl told Strand she had 2 teams out looking for him. Old "I had him and he slipped right thru my hands" ass nikka

I thought Teddy caught a L last night but according to podcasts Dolores upped his stats. He's on Maeve's level now statistically speaking.

What are they basing that on? I paused my TV last night on homie’s iPad and it had the same message that pops up when you save over a file on a computer, “are you sure you want to overwrite (such and such file)?”

Compare that to stats being upped, which has been shown repeatedly to involve literally sliding sliders up on the screen. No pop ups. Two totally different processes.

Teddy got his files saved over. Whether the “new file” has higher stats or not remains to be seen, but Teddy as we knew him is gone.