The Official "Westworld" Season 2 Thread

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
I signed up, I'm going to stick around. I hope they're not just passing through Samurai World - I really liked it there. I thought it was clever that they cribbed loops from Westworld but I hope there's more else to uncover.

I think what's seriously lacking in these characters, and what I hope they shore up, are motivations. There's very little to the hosts outside of their loops. What else is there to Clementine? Where's the depth beyond Maeve in her pack of travelers?

I said they're world building but I think they could be doing a little more with the supporting cast outside of Dolores, Maeve, MIB and Bernard.

I still like the show, but I wish I were a little more interested in the characters. The Teddy development looks pretty significant, I'll say.

Thandie Newton speaking Japanese was amazing btw. An Emmy nod for this episode seems likely.

Last edited:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Maeve an omega level robot mutant now :wow:

delores still wak as fukk, i dont even know wtf is going on. who the fukk was the random black breh that just popped :russ:
He was one of the workers Delores kidnapped when her and Teddy went into the facility. She used him to bring the soldiers back online after she killed them. I guess she kept him around

3rd Koast Kang

Superstar
Daps
And C/S you nikkas complaining. Show has not changed writing/acting wise from season 1. IDK why there’s beef with multiple storylines when it’s been that way from the jump.

Dudes really thought it was just gon be 10 episodes of MIB and shogun world? :camby:

Last edited:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Episode was flames :wow:
Some of yall should just watch HUMANS, it's much easier to get :pachaha:
right... i start out quoting someone to answer a question and see 16 other questions that are basic as fukk... i mean you just gotta halfway sleep through an ep to find out the answers.

and people wonder why it's so confusing to them... are you watching or skimming through?

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Delores storyline is only weak because the repetitive nature of her rambling. Just makes her really wooden and bring out her flaws as an actress. Same tone. Same results. So little range in emotions that I enjoyed so much from season 1.

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
This episode was dope BUT I understand why some thought it was weak, the progression of the o/a narrative in this episode only had real implications for two of the characters (Maeve and Dolores) whereas the last episode had implications concerning the entire plot of WW. IMO like someone else said they're setting it up where there are two factions of hosts and while neither of them support the guests/humans they fundamentally disagree on their POV about the reality of their lives within the park. Dolores is leading her group to the "real" world but the park itself and the people in it is very real for Maeve and company. The writer's stories are literally rewriting themselves in front of his eyes... Clearly there is more to WW and its citizens than he originally thought.

Last edited:

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
we finally got the samurai:blessed:

ninjas to:ooh:

man this I was waiting for this ep, I understand they need drama and downtime for build up. But ep would have been better if it would have been full action.

still ep was great.