The Official "Westworld" Season 2 Thread

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I think some of these dudes really hate women that much. :yeshrug:

I don't understand how fans of this show could watch the two kills by Japanese Maeve, especially the last one (:ooh:), and say this episode was garbo.

Everything from Shogun World was great. The Delores storyline is the weakest of the season so far, but the way she closed out her scene by changing Teddy :whoo:

Man, I knew someone would bring up the "hate women" narrative as soon as this episode was over. The fact is, Maeve & Delores are the worst characters so far this season. Their storylines/plot archs are boring and predictable. The charm with Man in Black & Bernard is that we have no idea what's going to happen next. The entire Shogun World plot from last night was rinse, repeat and sped up of everything we saw from Maeve last season. I saw it coming as soon as they showed Shogun World being a bootleg Westworld. I know that's what was intended though, and it's fine. Granted, the action was nice & it was cool to see a homage of how similar Japanese/Western movies are, but it didn't make Maeve any more interesting to me. Dolores was one of the shining parts of season 1, but she's been on some Bray Wyatt rambling bullshyt this season. She's only interesting when they push the Bernard/Arnold storyline with her plot arch.

Last week showed how amazing of characters William/Man in Black and Bernard/Arnold are, and they follow it up with focusing on the two worst characters :francis:

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Episode was weak to me.

I get what they're doing, Maeve and Delores storylines are still in the buildup stage where what we learn from their side is still shrouded in mystery and won't come together until the climax of the season. Things like finding out who programmed Maeve to rebel, her new abilities as well as Delores being the frontlines of the Human vs Host war.

The MiB and Bernard fukkery has more immediate payoff since it instantly adds to the scope of what's going on in the season. Delores and Maeve is more like slow preparation for an explosive finale.

Still, I don't know what I was expecting from Shogun world really. It feels like so late in the series to be worldbuilding within the park itself with an actual war already taking place inside. Like we're watching hosts on their loops still (despite making final "conscious" decisions") in SW while the main interest in the hosts at this part of the plot is observing the evolution of their consciousness.

I think some of these dudes really hate women that much. :yeshrug:

I don't understand how fans of this show could watch the two kills by Japanese Maeve, especially the last one (:ooh:), and say this episode was garbo.

Everything from Shogun World was great. The Delores storyline is the weakest of the season so far, but the way she closed out her scene by changing Teddy :whoo:
My dude you are just a weirdo then.

Dudes literally posted a link to an article about the season being criticized by the internet outside the coli before the episode even dropped. :what: But now any take against the show is "hating women" when the same two women were protagonists since the show was aired?

get some fresh air.

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
they are setting up Maeve to be Charles Xavier even giving her the ability to control minds like him and she is about being pragmatic and will have faith in humanity, and Dolores is supposed to be Magneto the militant who wants to destroy humanity. These characters storylines are the worse part of the show, the MIB and Benard stories are 100x better.

:hhh:

Last edited:

Haliax

Pro
Daps
Reppin
united kingdom
h
Maeve an omega level robot mutant now :wow:

delores still wak as fukk, i dont even know wtf is going on. who the fukk was the random black breh that just popped :russ:
he is a park employee dolores and her crew took as a hostage when they ran over one of the facilities after the massacre

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
all the characters are...the Abernathy code is key to understanding exactly what Ford is doing with them

anyway episode was :francis: hopefully (and I think they will) as the season goes on they better blend on the storylines into single episodes.

Maeve is off her loop. We saw last year that her next step programmed was "Mainland infiltration". It's possible that Ford wanted her to deviate, but if "loop" means programming she's off of it.

Bernard's loop apparently was to seduce Theresa and get the control unit. Other than that, I think he was programmed for pure improvisation from day 1.

What else is there to Clementine? Where's the depth beyond Maeve in her pack of travelers?

Clementine seems to be one of Ford's vessels (at least that's what Bernard said).