The Official "Westworld" Season 2 Thread

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Peter Abernathy doesn't have the data that Delos wants. It's in Bernard, which is why he's malfunctioning. Why would Bernard make the perfect decoy? Because Peter Abernathy is Delores' dad. In a more non-robotic way, so is Bernard.

Last season Charlotte mentioned that she put the data into Abernathy, then she had the head writer quickly program him with a new simple personality just basic enough to reactivate him.

Then near the end of the season finale the writer went down to the storage room to look for Abernathy, and all the hosts were gone.

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
i thought the season opener was good. the timeline was all over the place but i don't mind that at all, as long as it's done right and so far it's been good. just when i thought this season would be more linear and have a story of AI vs humans they threw a lot of new shyt:

1) SIX worlds??:mindblown: i know there's a samurai world but 4 others is crazy. i wouldn't mind seeing a latin/brazil world. i would take a loan out to go there for a week:win::ahh:

2) Delos collecting data was expected but DNA too is creepy...i hope Dr. Ford was ahead of them and made a clone of himself. we need him back.

3) The removable brain and off network hosts working on hosts is crazy as well.

my only :dahell: with the opener was the man in black wrestling and doing bjj with a host when he was grazed with a bullet and had a broken arm.

forgot to mention one answer i got was the location of westworld. seems to be on an island near china or japan.
I'm trying to think of the other worlds. We know about Samurai World, and i'm just gonna assume there's like a Middle Ages World. So what else would there be?

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I'm trying to think of the other worlds. We know about Samurai World, and i'm just gonna assume there's like a Middle Ages World. So what else would there be?

Someone above mentioned that the tiger must have come from some kind of "Jungle Book" world.
As an Easter egg, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they hint at a "Jurassic World" without actually naming it.

The "scenes from upcoming epsiodes" preview at the end showed...
what appeared to be robots walking through a city in the "real" world. But, what if that's not the real outside world, but another park designed to look like a city? Maybe its something like "Mad Men" world?

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
After last season's mindfukk I'm gonna need this season to unfold first before I dive into anything.

I'm gonna watch this episode again, maybe I'll have more thoughts on it.

As of now, I'm wait and see mode but got damn visually this looks good.

I'm very excited to see Dolores go out into the human world.

I think HBO has plans for Westworld to run for awhile, especially after GoT ends so they'll be setting up the stakes for a few seasons.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:ohhh:
Yo, you could be right about the bolded. In fact I hope you are. It's entirely possible that Ford uploaded his consciousness to multiple hosts in the park, and not just the younger host version of himself. or maybe he uploaded it somewhere else, and not just on a few hosts that could be killed.

That would be really dope if he did, and a good way to keep him around this season without his physical body needing to be on screen.

Actually I'm hoping it's what you said more than hoping it was just a pre-recorded message like I thought.

How could that be possible. Uploading your HUMAN consciousness?

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They know he's a bot...

Hence why they're having him retrace his steps to find where the rest of them are...

That remains to be seen. When Bernard was waking up from the beach, the security guy from season one told the hired Delos mercenaries not to shoot up the Boss. So it is to be assumed he is human. Also, the girl from Get Out was going through the card to verify if he is of importance. Not saying that they don't know or that they know, but saying there's a bit more evidence that they do not know for the time being. It is just as reasonable that they view him as one of the surviving members. One even asked about him having amnesia instead of loss of data. And there's the fact that they still could of killed him and scalped his head to pull OUT his data so they can see for themselves what occurred, instead of using him to retrace his steps. So, I believe they do not know that he's not human.... yet.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the more i think about this season opener, the less i like it

to have this many unreliable narrators and a non-linear timeline your writing has to be way better than anything westworld has ever shown

the weight of everything shown is off. they spent half of last season on a fukked up adventure with dolores and young black hat to dead bodies in every single scene. they go from tension in scenes where guys run into some sketch looking side characters to having to literally scalp indians and lynch people on a cross for shock value :dead:

and if abernathy was the prize in all this, then he could've been taken multiple times by several people prior - AND with the introduction of brainboxes you gotta consider that these things can switch bodies now too

i could go on.... i don't think i've ever been this :beli: for a season 2 on a show i liked so much.

I disagree with this. There is only ONE unreliable narrator which is Bernard, and it was easily shown as to why he's unreliable because his memory is fracture due to shooting himself in the head in season one. And because of his fractured memory is why we got the non-linear timeline, because the majority is coming from his perspective where he is living or revisiting parts of everything that happened. I see that is almost genius in how they did it because it wasn't forced jumps just to have it, but rather fractured perspectives from a fractured mind trying to piece the puzzles together. So everything slowly gets revealed as he slowly learns more as to what happened from the night of the massacre to present date.

And all the other side storylines are straight forward. So, I believe the writing is just fine.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i thought the season opener was good. the timeline was all over the place but i don't mind that at all, as long as it's done right and so far it's been good. just when i thought this season would be more linear and have a story of AI vs humans they threw a lot of new shyt:

1) SIX worlds??:mindblown: i know there's a samurai world but 4 others is crazy. i wouldn't mind seeing a latin/brazil world. i would take a loan out to go there for a week:win::ahh:

2) Delos collecting data was expected but DNA too is creepy...i hope Dr. Ford was ahead of them and made a clone of himself. we need him back.

3) The removable brain and off network hosts working on hosts is crazy as well.

my only :dahell: with the opener was the man in black wrestling and doing bjj with a host when he was grazed with a bullet and had a broken arm.

forgot to mention one answer i got was the location of westworld. seems to be on an island near china or japan.

Based on the season preview, I suspect they'll enter Futureworld as well. Futureworld - Wikipedia

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
might sit this one out til the season is over or just more developed.....i barely got thru that first episode...felt like it was 3 hours long. i forgot how boring season 1 was..even tho i enjoyed the reveals i was still thoroughly bored throughout last season...