The Official "Westworld" Season 2 Thread

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Where's the Asian robot simp from last season?

:dahell:

Yeah, I was honestly hoping he'd stick around to be Maeve's shoulder angel with Hector being the devil on the other. And him slowly being corrupted. Maybe.

I read a review that said critics got a look at the first 5-6 episodes ahead of time so pretty much everything should be considered a spoiler.

I'm dapping any cool off the wall theories I see in here but negging them if they turn out to be true :ufdup:

I think I'm just gonna stay away.

I love chopping up the show with the brethren on here, and while I loved the first season, so many theories turned out to be true and I do think some of them took away from my enjoyment of the show. On the other hand, a lot of details ya'll picked up on that weren't heavy spoiler-ish made it more enjoyable to watch.

Not sure what to do.

:jbhmm:

That’s the dilemma. The show is far too deep for us to catch everything by ourselves yet you can’t trust any discussion about it won’t be spoiled. Catch 22.

:heh: it's rough, brehs. I LOVE speculating.

But I was like ":whoa::lupe: what if I'm right?"

:mjlol: I don't want to be like that cat in the Game of Thrones thread, posted off the wall shyt at the start of the season that made no sense in context of the first ep, It was something like ULTRA specific and odd sounding.

then when it happened like 8 eps later he posted a bunch of gifs bragging about how right he was.

:russ: I think they negged his ass to bolivia. made other lurkers scared enough to make a spoilers only thread.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Peter Abernathy doesn't have the data that Delos wants. It's in Bernard, which is why he's malfunctioning. Why would Bernard make the perfect decoy? Because Peter Abernathy is Delores' dad. In a more non-robotic way, so is Bernard.

Why I could be wrong: Her dad got replaced because he started malfunctioning after seeing the pic of the real world (almost a more advanced signs of symptoms bernard was showing), and we have no idea where the original is. Also, I missed Bernard repairing himself on the first viewing. But.... I'd like to think the Hosts are a bit more sturdy than to start leaking fluid and malfunctioning from a single hit.

I also wanted security dude everyone was so happy about to turn out to be an older Logan.

But his name's not Logan, so ignore that entirely. :francis:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
the more i think about this season opener, the less i like it

to have this many unreliable narrators and a non-linear timeline your writing has to be way better than anything westworld has ever shown

the weight of everything shown is off. they spent half of last season on a fukked up adventure with dolores and young black hat to dead bodies in every single scene. they go from tension in scenes where guys run into some sketch looking side characters to having to literally scalp indians and lynch people on a cross for shock value :dead:

and if abernathy was the prize in all this, then he could've been taken multiple times by several people prior - AND with the introduction of brainboxes you gotta consider that these things can switch bodies now too

i could go on.... i don't think i've ever been this :beli: for a season 2 on a show i liked so much.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
im really disappointed they went with the timeline cheese to start off this season

add on the bloodbath in every shot and everything just feels weightless
At least this time they had a clear transition scene/cut away to help the viewer understand that they were watching a flashback
:francis:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Are you sure that's where it ends? :leostare:

Is that the only flashback?:leostare:
I'm not sure what they gonna do with it.

Doesn't seem like it'll be the only flashback, this premiere just "recapped" what happened immediately after Delores blew Ford's brains out.
:francis:

Next episode could show more of "EastWorld" where the tiger came from for all I know

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
i thought the season opener was good. the timeline was all over the place but i don't mind that at all, as long as it's done right and so far it's been good. just when i thought this season would be more linear and have a story of AI vs humans they threw a lot of new shyt:

1) SIX worlds??:mindblown: i know there's a samurai world but 4 others is crazy. i wouldn't mind seeing a latin/brazil world. i would take a loan out to go there for a week:win::ahh:

2) Delos collecting data was expected but DNA too is creepy...i hope Dr. Ford was ahead of them and made a clone of himself. we need him back.

3) The removable brain and off network hosts working on hosts is crazy as well.

my only :dahell: with the opener was the man in black wrestling and doing bjj with a host when he was grazed with a bullet and had a broken arm.

forgot to mention one answer i got was the location of westworld. seems to be on an island near china or japan.