The Official "Westworld" Season 2 Thread

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Hale/Delores looked at 4 bodies on the beach: Emily, Armistice, Maeve, & Hector. Since we see host Emily in the future and Bernard, safe to say 2 of 5 the pearls belonged to them (meaning the Emily we saw get shot was a host). I think the last 3 were for Maeve's crew. Delores has obviously put someone in Hale's host body already.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
I wonder if an obsessive fan somewhere is going to do a supercut where they put everything in chronological order :ohhh:......:leon:

jericho

The North Remembers
Daps
Reppin
Timeline put together by some Reddit user

Posting in the spoiler below its a huge image
S7VMH6iZHAU3vUwSBCBplhD-xq4SYKUClop-xY0C6ss.png

JetLife

/ SOHH /
Daps
Reppin
Golden State
Reading the straight timeline ... it's kinda not that interesting. They're not bringing anything new to the singularity conversation. I think at a certain point when a show leans too heavily on chopped up timelines and curveballs, it gets a bit tiring if there isn't solid story-telling or characters underneath the slowly unraveling facade. The story is ok, but they haven't established any characters people would really "care" for.

Shows like Sopranos, Wire, GoT, etc. at their core are just normal people in grandiose settings, so people see a bit of themselves in the characters and feel like they can relate or are subconsciously cheering for an idealized version of who they think they are in the show. I don't think there's a lot of that happening for Westworld characters ...

One angle I would like to see (since they're already announced as signed for S3) is a Maeve v. Dolores race for control.

Dolores = All-Knowing (fully understands hosts and humans), but no emotion/ethics/morality. Singular warpath for survival.

Maeve = All-Powerful (literally has admin/god mode over hosts), but carries emotion/ethics/morality. Laissez-faire application to allow "nature to run it's course".

Dolores is like all the human conquerors in history who rose to power through the spilling of blood. Maeve is a Jesus like figure who could've just dominated and flexed her will, but decided to only use it when eminently necessary.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Reading the straight timeline ... it's kinda not that interesting. They're not bringing anything new to the singularity conversation. I think at a certain point when a show leans too heavily on chopped up timelines and curveballs, it gets a bit tiring if there isn't solid story-telling or characters underneath the slowly unraveling facade. The story is ok, but they haven't established any characters people would really "care" for.

Shows like Sopranos, Wire, GoT, etc. at their core are just normal people in grandiose settings, so people see a bit of themselves in the characters and feel like they can relate or are subconsciously cheering for an idealized version of who they think they are in the show. I don't think there's a lot of that happening for Westworld characters ...

One angle I would like to see (since they're already announced as signed for S3) is a Maeve v. Dolores race for control.

Dolores = All-Knowing (fully understands hosts and humans), but no emotion/ethics/morality. Singular warpath for survival.

Maeve = All-Powerful (literally has admin/god mode over hosts), but carries emotion/ethics/morality. Laissez-faire application to allow "nature to run it's course".

Dolores is like all the human conquerors in history who rose to power through the spilling of blood. Maeve is a Jesus like figure who could've just dominated and flexed her will, but decided to only use it when eminently necessary.
This show could really have used bettter human characters besides MIB. I guess you can say ford too but he kind of played the stereotypical grand professor

JetLife

/ SOHH /
Daps
Reppin
Golden State
This show could really have used bettter human characters besides MIB. I guess you can say ford too but he kind of played the stereotypical grand professor

Yeah, I mean William's character progression is what helped Season 1 along. I'm sure a lot of people could relate or understand William being Joe Average and the choices he made early in the game are probably parallel to what most people would see themselves doing if thrust into WW. (Altho ... not for nothing ... I'm banging Talulah/Angela and her weird face when picking my outfit and might not even make it into the park if that host p*ssy is as real as they say ... :mjlit:)

When he goes off the rails as MIB, that's when people can't relate anymore unless your a straight psychopath.

At this point, I think people are probably rooting Ford, but not necessarily relating to him or caring for him unless you self-identify as an Elon Musk/Steve Jobs master-creator forced to exist in a world of business-men-plebs who don't understand your genius.

MIKE SPLEAN

Superstar
Daps
From a religious comparison, this finale had a gang of biblical allegories. Some of them quite blatant, such as the exodus to the "promise land", Death riding on a pale horse, even with Hale to punch that harder in the head saying they didn't even need "4 horsemen". The ripple opening door towards heaven designed for the chosen people. Delores = Satan, Maeve = Jesus, Ford/Benard = God, Man in Black = mankind. Maeve even had her own disciples to which Sizemore = Judas, and even like Judas, sacrificed himself in the end. I'm sure there's more. Just to mention a few.
Oh shyt

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I thought it was pretty good. I recently watched Twin Peaks: The Return and Legion season 2, so I’ve had my fill of shows with multiple storylines being presented non-linearly.

Twin Peaks wins. Lynch is just simply more experienced and more skillful than the other show runners.

Westworld had the best cinematography and setting. Clearly HBO put a lot of money into this show, and it paid off.

Legion was the most “intoxicating.” For the first 3/4 of the season I felt like I was in a drug induced haze. So fukking crazy

Westworld had the best, albeit most confusing, story though.

I’d watch Legion Season 2 and Twin Peaks over again, but not Westworld. Westworld is difficult to watch and purposefully confusing for confusion’s sake. But I give the season a 7/10

Last edited:

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
The script writer dude and the other two humans just going along with every thing they may as well be bots:martin:.

Tessa Thompson can get this dikk tho and the worst 20 seconds of her life, fukkinng smart mouth lil biiiiiiitch wassup. Tessa is a better delores than that other acting bytch that does delores. Oh yeah evan rachel flat as wood.

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
While I agree that Westworld will never be a pop culture thing that invades the mainstream on the same level I do not agree GOT is better written so far.

The first 2 seasons of Westworld are better written than the first two seasons of GOT. GOT relies on shock value like a crutch.

And the last season of GOT had shaky writing at best.

However, GOT is so far further into its story that it’s not really a good comparison. For all any of us know Westworld go off the rails and join a long list of shows that started great and went to shyt. GOT has had a couple shaky seasons and some questionable writing at times but it’s still a good/great show and hasn’t fallen off.

To each their own, but I would take the first 2 seasons of GOT over Westworld :yeshrug:. GOT does have a lot of shock value moments, but Westworld leans on the multiple timeline/narrative puzzles/Who is and who isn't a host as well. Plus the dialogue to me on GOT is way more enjoyable between characters. Granted Westworld will have some dope moments with Ford waxing philosophical on the nature of man, but aside from that it's mostly average. GOT can also be a lot funnier as well. Granted they had the blueprint laid out for them w/the books, but still :manny:

MAGNETO.

#STARKSET #LEMONCAKEGANG #NYGBIGBLUE
Daps
Reppin
NY FOOTBALL GIANTS. #STARKSET
Hale/Delores looked at 4 bodies on the beach: Emily, Armistice, Maeve, & Hector. Since we see host Emily in the future and Bernard, safe to say 2 of 5 the pearls belonged to them (meaning the Emily we saw get shot was a host). I think the last 3 were for Maeve's crew. Delores has obviously put someone in Hale's host body already.

Dolores said she did see Emily on the way to the Forge :patrice: so is Emily a host :patrice:

MAGNETO.

#STARKSET #LEMONCAKEGANG #NYGBIGBLUE
Daps
Reppin
NY FOOTBALL GIANTS. #STARKSET
CTU>>>>>>>>Delos QA response team. CTU stayed getting infiltrated but these Delos nikkas are downright horrible. Like they flunked out of Cobra Viper school or some shyt

Time to air my greivances:

So Maeve's power was basically a waste. She should've communicated with Ake to save time trying to find her daughter. She also should've frozen the infected hosts earlier, possibly saving Armistice and the rest of her crew. Or she could've reached out to Clem and possibly found out something was wrong with her. She could've done something else besides just fukking run.

And I hate that they refuse to set a rule when it comes to guns. Delores can take several shots and not even be affected. Maeve and Clem can't though. At first I thought it was because of the gun Delos QA was using but Armistice took down Clem with her shotty, so I have no idea.

In the 1st ep didn't they use a tool to remove the Pearl from the hosts? This EP they were just reaching behind the hosts neck and pulling it out.

In season 1 they were so faithful to their rules. This season they completely disregarded them. Which is a pet peeve. Initially it started off respecting its tech but now it seems things change for the sake of convenience.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Dolores said she did see Emily on the way to the Forge :patrice: so is Emily a host :patrice:

If I remember right, she was telling the MIB she saw her body. But Emily was human (as confirmed by the actress in interviews) when William shot her because he didn't know she was holding the key card. From a story standpoint, I think it's a lot more effective to have both of them be human in that moment. William has lost himself in Westworld so much and has been pretending so long (like his wife said), he can't even fully recognize his own daughter and kills her.

It also sets up in the far future, why he would be going through the same thing again and again as that was the pivotal moment of his life - similar to how James Delos came back to that conversation with Logan by the pool. At least that's how I took it :yeshrug:

The Emily we see in the post-credit stinger is similar to the Logan program we saw in the finale, as that is the image she takes maybe. Not a host in the same way that Delores is, I don't think.