The Official "Westworld" Season 2 Thread

Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, the 305
You got people in here that can't even agree on when the after credits scene took place, or what it means....so :dead: at "it's not ambiguous"....you got half the major critics, even ones that praised this season, asking "what the fukk did I just watch?"

So yeah. They took a great, complex story, and OD'ed with it.

Fred.
There’s nothing ambiguous about the ending. Ppl lost interest Bc they need to be spoon fed everything on a silver platter these days. Show was dope af. Ending was straight forward. Hell read Nolan and Joys interview on ew for clarity if you want. It’s pretty Cut and dry. Deloris made it out in the Hale copy. Replicated herself and Bernard. Easy
Sometime in the distant future MiB finally meets his hell reality where he did the same to Delos. We just dunno how long It took to finally make it there.
The only real question at this point is did they finally prefect the host human hybrid in William by that post credit ending??
Otherwise this show is amazing and wonderful to watch. This and handmaids have the TV game on lock at the moment.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I like how they brought back Dolores in Hales body..it helps drive home the fact that these are beings on a completely different lane than humans.
What I love most about the show is the questions you have after wards. It can make you question the nature of human conciousness. When they had the guests summed up into those little books and stated that humans are actually pretty simple I was like :wow: as that's a question that comes up time and time again with regards to creating AI based on modeling the way humans conciousness works. I also wonder quite often about whether we are a set of preordained actions or do we have any true free will..
GOAT series

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
It definitely won't. I enjoy Westworld and its ambitions, and while GOT sports a large expansive world with a ton of characters it's way easier to follow than this show. There isn't the high level of time travel fukkery and mystery boxes that this show is wrapped in, which can often leave the viewer :mindblown: and :dahell:. Plus GOT just has way more interesting characters and is better written.

I am intrigued by the setup for season 3 of this show though :lupe:
While I agree that Westworld will never be a pop culture thing that invades the mainstream on the same level I do not agree GOT is better written so far.

The first 2 seasons of Westworld are better written than the first two seasons of GOT. GOT relies on shock value like a crutch.

And the last season of GOT had shaky writing at best.

However, GOT is so far further into its story that it’s not really a good comparison. For all any of us know Westworld go off the rails and join a long list of shows that started great and went to shyt. GOT has had a couple shaky seasons and some questionable writing at times but it’s still a good/great show and hasn’t fallen off.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
While I agree that Westworld will never be a pop culture thing that invades the mainstream on the same level I do not agree GOT is better written so far.

The first 2 seasons of Westworld are better written than the first two seasons of GOT. GOT relies on shock value like a crutch.

And the last season of GOT had shaky writing at best.

However, GOT is so far further into its story that it’s not really a good comparison. For all any of us know Westworld go off the rails and join a long list of shows that started great and went to shyt. GOT has had a couple shaky seasons and some questionable writing at times but it’s still a good/great show and hasn’t fallen off.
Got is written by one of the greatest fantasy writers in history. Now, Jonathan Nolan is great at writing scripts but George rr is on another level in terms of building an entire world from his imagination & his use of language. Nolan based things on Crichtons original book but what Nolan made was a completely original IP. Is comparing him to one of the best writers in human history supposed to be a slight? Lol. Of course a scifi show was never going to have the appeal of a sword and shield adventure. Blade runner 2049 is a great example of how mainstream audiences cannot handle heady scifi. Most of the US is scientifically illiterate so that isn't surprising either

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Got is written by one of the greatest fantasy writers in history. Now, Jonathan Nolan is great at writing scripts but George rr is on another level in terms of building an entire world from his imagination & his use of language. Nolan based things on Crichtons original book but what Nolan made was a completely original IP. Is comparing him to one of the best writers in human history supposed to be a slight? Lol. Of course a scifi show was never going to have the appeal of a sword and shield adventure. Blade runner 2049 is a great example of how mainstream audiences cannot handle heady scifi. Most of the US is scientifically illiterate so that isn't surprising either
Are you implying George RR Martin is one of the best writers in human history? Because. I’m sorry but no. That is absurd.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Are you implying George RR Martin is one of the best writers in human history? Because. I’m sorry but no. That is absurd.
I don't know about his other works but game of thrones is easily on par with lord of the rings, I certainly consider him one of the greatest fantasy writers of all time

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Why would you watch 20+ hours of a show you don't like? Wtf
Not sure how long you've been posting here breh, but that's the steez of a bunch of nikkas on this forum. There's dudes who still watch the Walking Dead live on a weekly basis just to complain how bad it is. I saw nikkas watch the last few seasons of Sons of Anarchy live just to re-use the exact same phrases weekly to shyt on it. I can't say I understand it. I know for a fact the cats calling this season shytty or saying it "jumped the shark" will be posted up in the thread when season 3 starts:mjlol:

Anyway, that was an amazing finale. Unlike season 1, we're given a reason, that's relevant to the story, for why the season is being told out of order. We had some story/character arcs end and had even more potential ones (some for the same characters maybe) begin. Questions were answered and more were raised. For a Nolan production, this is the furthest from a "mind fukk" as you can get. Compared to other shows that get hyped up around here, the twists and revelations are mere parts of the story as opposed to selling points. There's no unreliable narrator or using the crazy angle to throw off/confuse the viewer ala Mr. Robot. I'm sure some would try to contend that using the ambiguity of who is a host and who isn't is trying to trick the audience but the very nature of what the show, particularly this season, is all about shatters that argument. They litter damn near every episode with context clues for people who care to play detective, but for those who just want a well told story, you're gucci as long as you just pay attention. I loved season 1, but this season>>

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
From a religious comparison, this finale had a gang of biblical allegories. Some of them quite blatant, such as the exodus to the "promise land", Death riding on a pale horse, even with Hale to punch that harder in the head saying they didn't even need "4 horsemen". The ripple opening door towards heaven designed for the chosen people. Delores = Satan, Maeve = Jesus, Ford/Benard = God, Man in Black = mankind. Maeve even had her own disciples to which Sizemore = Judas, and even like Judas, sacrificed himself in the end. I'm sure there's more. Just to mention a few.