The Official "Westworld" Season 2 Thread

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Not sure how long you've been posting here breh, but that's the steez of a bunch of nikkas on this forum. There's dudes who still watch the Walking Dead live on a weekly basis just to complain how bad it is. I saw nikkas watch the last few seasons of Sons of Anarchy live just to re-use the exact same phrases weekly to shyt on it. I can't say I understand it. I know for a fact the cats calling this season shytty or saying it "jumped the shark" will be posted up in the thread when season 3 starts:mjlol:

Anyway, that was an amazing finale. Unlike season 1, we're given a reason, that's relevant to the story, for why the season is being told out of order. We had some story/character arcs end and had even more potential ones (some for the same characters maybe) begin. Questions were answered and more were raised. For a Nolan production, this is the furthest from a "mind fukk" as you can get. Compared to other shows that get hyped up around here, the twists and revelations are mere parts of the story as opposed to selling points. There's no unreliable narrator or using the crazy angle to throw off/confuse the viewer ala Mr. Robot. I'm sure some would try to contend that using the ambiguity of who is a host and who isn't is trying to trick the audience but the very nature of what the show, particularly this season, is all about shatters that argument. They litter damn near every episode with context clues for people who care to play detective, but for those who just want a well told story, you're gucci as long as you just pay attention. I loved season 1, but this season>>
“Hate watching” is definitely a thing nowadays. I don’t fully understand it.

I’ll say that their is some shows that I really enjoyed when they started and that’s what carried me to the end,wanting the closure and hoping it goes back to being good. Like Dexter for example. Even that isn’t a sure thing to get me to keep watching. Like I liked the first season of the strain,walking dead etc but I stopped watching because it wasn’t doing anything for me and it came to the point where I just didn’t even care how it ended.

But I’ve never watched a show I hated from the start for multiple seasons. I give every show 1 full season because I don’t believe 1 episode is enough to judge a story,I give writers a full season. If I don’t like that season I move on. I can’t imagine hating an entire season of a show then coming back for more.

I’m almost done with Marvel Netflix in general. I keep giving it chances because I loved daredevil season 1 and their was enough positives in other seasons for hope but I’m almost done with Punisher now and it’s become clear that those shows are never going to be more than what they are and only the die hards are left watching the shows. Which is cool but at certain point you have to know a show isn’t for you rather to keep watching something you hate.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
While I agree that Westworld will never be a pop culture thing that invades the mainstream on the same level I do not agree GOT is better written so far.

The first 2 seasons of Westworld are better written than the first two seasons of GOT. GOT relies on shock value like a crutch.

And the last season of GOT had shaky writing at best.

However, GOT is so far further into its story that it’s not really a good comparison. For all any of us know Westworld go off the rails and join a long list of shows that started great and went to shyt. GOT has had a couple shaky seasons and some questionable writing at times but it’s still a good/great show and hasn’t fallen off.
giphy.gif

Last edited:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Okay, after rewatching the after credit scene. I have to stand correct what I said previously. I clearly did not hear and overlooked the part where she said, "the system is long gone". That mean it was from the distant future. Then she said, this your world or what's left of it, which also state that it is in the distant future.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Got is written by one of the greatest fantasy writers in history. Now, Jonathan Nolan is great at writing scripts but George rr is on another level in terms of building an entire world from his imagination & his use of language. Nolan based things on Crichtons original book but what Nolan made was a completely original IP. Is comparing him to one of the best writers in human history supposed to be a slight? Lol. Of course a scifi show was never going to have the appeal of a sword and shield adventure. Blade runner 2049 is a great example of how mainstream audiences cannot handle heady scifi. Most of the US is scientifically illiterate so that isn't surprising either

There’s virtually no science in this dumb. You all are trying way too hard to make this show seem more sophisticated than it actually is

Egomaniacal1

Director of the Federal Bureau of Instigation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Martin, TN
Ok I enjoyed the episode but once again it did seem like it was doing too much. I’m glad they made it an hour and a half episode. shyt was very theatrical.

Before I go forward tho can I go back an episode and talk about MIB blasting his daughter and never thinking to check her for being human first considering he had just been checked himself?!?! :mindblown:
shyt was dumb as hell. And yea I get it that him thinking no one saw his profile is what makes him make that desicion, but c’mon breh, if it’s even a 1% chance that’s really your flesh and blood you’d take the two seconds to pick up a tool and scan her to know for sure. Ok had to get that off my chest.

This episode was very Matrix-esque. The door that only the hosts could see reminded me of when Neo starting being able to see the code in the Matrix and also when he saw agent smith when he was blinded in the real world. Maeve stopping the hosts reminded me of Neo stopping the squidies at the end of Reloaded. Speaking of Maeve they better bring her ass back!! We riot if Thandie isn’t on the show next season.

This brings me to the pearls. I don’t think one of them is her father. I think that storyline ended with him dying with her by his side. I think it’s probably Hector, Maeve, Armistice, Bernard and maybe Ford.

As for the confusion with MIB...so next season we’ll get a scene that shows what happened to him the first time he got to the forge after his gun backfired?

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
Okay, after rewatching the after credit scene. I have to stand correct what I said previously. I clearly did not hear and overlooked the part where she said, "the system is long gone". That mean it was from the distant future. Then she said, this your world or what's left of it, which also state that it is in the distant future.
the screenwriters and actress that plays Emily spoke about it during a behind the scenes clip that's on HBOs youtube. They confirmed that the scene is in the future, separate from any timeline we see during season 2 and that Emily's a host.

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
I like how they brought back Dolores in Hales body..it helps drive home the fact that these are beings on a completely different lane than humans.
What I love most about the show is the questions you have after wards. It can make you question the nature of human conciousness. When they had the guests summed up into those little books and stated that humans are actually pretty simple I was like :wow: as that's a question that comes up time and time again with regards to creating AI based on modeling the way humans conciousness works. I also wonder quite often about whether we are a set of preordained actions or do we have any true free will..
GOAT series
TBH it's quite obvious free will isn't real and I've known this for a while but i get some people don't think like me so i'll the ponderers ponder :hubie:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Didn't care for the finale. It was all over the place and convoluted just for the sake of being that. I didn't care for the acting in a bunch of spots, and the nonstop exposition was ridiculous. And still the #1 flaw with this show is that most of the main characters are not that interesting, so there is not enough there to redeem messy storytelling.

7/10 season with lots of ups and downs. Solid enough to keep me as a fan but hardly something worthy of being the successor to The Leftovers (don't need a GOT successor, that is what the spinoff will be for).

One man's opinion:ld:

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
It was ass. That was some terrible acting and unnecessary tbh
Man shut the fukk up. I have no idea why you on this thread to complain like a bytch. We got it you don’t like it. Why are you going out of your way to convince others? There’s tons of shows I don’t like but I’m in thread every post whinnying like a woman.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
CTU>>>>>>>>Delos QA response team. CTU stayed getting infiltrated but these Delos nikkas are downright horrible. Like they flunked out of Cobra Viper school or some shyt

Time to air my greivances:

So Maeve's power was basically a waste. She should've communicated with Ake to save time trying to find her daughter. She also should've frozen the infected hosts earlier, possibly saving Armistice and the rest of her crew. Or she could've reached out to Clem and possibly found out something was wrong with her. She could've done something else besides just fukking run.

And I hate that they refuse to set a rule when it comes to guns. Delores can take several shots and not even be affected. Maeve and Clem can't though. At first I thought it was because of the gun Delos QA was using but Armistice took down Clem with her shotty, so I have no idea.

In the 1st ep didn't they use a tool to remove the Pearl from the hosts? This EP they were just reaching behind the hosts neck and pulling it out.

ranchero26

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The script writer dude and the other two humans just going along with every thing they may as well be bots:martin:.

Tessa Thompson can get this dikk tho and the worst 20 seconds of her life, fukkinng smart mouth lil biiiiiiitch wassup. Tessa is a better delores than that other acting bytch that does delores. Oh yeah evan rachel flat as wood.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The script writer dude and the other two humans just going along with every thing they may as well be bots:martin:.

Tessa Thompson can get this dikk tho and the worst 20 seconds of her life, fukkinng smart mouth lil biiiiiiitch wassup. Tessa is a better delores than that other acting bytch that does delores. Oh yeah evan rachel flat as wood.
Lol I totally forgot about the script writers lame and pointless sacrifice, which maybe bought them 1 millisecond more than if he had just turned himself in. Lazy writing and also too much time spent on one of the shows many uninspiring side characters